38M Domestic. HAH

38M Domestic. HAH

I thought Warcraft was huge in the U.S?

I bet this movie will do better on home video and people will say "that was actually pretty fun" and will want to see the sequel.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uD_zlHDt8P8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I thought Warcraft was huge in the U.S?
since its release it's been mocked, and among people who haven't even played the game it has a negative reputation for housing no-lifers.

video game movies are retarded even beyond capeshit levels and people know it.

this failed to buck the trend

people who would enjoy this movie never leave their rooms and pirate it

>I thought Warcraft was huge in the U.S?
like 10 years ago

John Carter didn't do well either and it was a good movie, as good as this one.
A shame movie audiences are pleb as fuck.
They can't even pick out quality popcorn flicks, I mean come on.

Pros
>Orcs were done well

Cons
>Human actors were almost all trash tier
>Nonsensical plot that somehow manages to make even less sense than the actual thing
>Garona love interest literally cringey as fuck to watch
>No Trolls
>No Ogres
>Horrible coreography on the fight scenes

Am I missing anything?

>home video
What year is this?

I think you are correct, although I would add Gul'dan to the pros. I think he was well made visually and the voice-acting was really good, plus that fight with Durotan was pretty solid (though that scene change right in the middle of it made no sense at all in my opinion).

They shouldn't have called it Warcraft.
Also their marketing was a bit shit.

Did it at least end up breaking even?
I heard all in it had to make 500 million.
Was that just a meme?

the Guardian's corruption special effects were also genuinely good.

>Redbox: The Movie

>had to make 500 mil to break even
that would be a meme, yeah.
>cost 160 mil to make
>brought in 360 mil

you're looking at sub 200 mil profit, once marketing costs and the like are taken out. There's no way they spent 200 mil on unlisted costs.

Speaking of the guardian - Ben Foster was the only live human actor in the film I could stand(sit) watching without cringing.

Americans ruin shit, big surprise. Fuck the entire American wow community, call yourselves fans right? I hope trump fucks your third world country hard.

Still getting a sequel you cheap fuckers, hope a tornado wrecks your hilarious little wooden huts, fuck you.

cgi movie based on a shit game lol rekt

Was this the only seen with a dwarf in it? Why werent they included more in this movie ;_;

>seen
dwarves were present at every meeting of the Alliance leaders. The Alliance is primarily human, anyway. It's no surprise a meme race like dwarves are second-class citizens.

Well they should make the dwarves plot based in the sequel

youtube.com/watch?v=uD_zlHDt8P8

why though?
a sequel will be the Second War. The Gnomes provided more technological advancements than the dwarves did.

The Second War would be terrible. I think they should skip all over that and go to Arthas, his upbringing his thing with Jaina, his eventual downfall, adventures in the caves iwth Anub , becoming the Lich King, end it there and wait for the money for another. WoW just has so much lore. Metzen's been busy in the last 20 years. 20 some books, 3 games with a lot of plot and then every wow expansion adding on more and more side plot.

Fact is the story is way too broad for a movie. Not even a TV show would do it justice.

>give antagonist a weapon that can literally do anything
>he uses it to try to get married
>still fails

Everyone was too busy playing the game to even care about the movie.

can't have arthas without the second war. As the lich king gig was basically a creative, customized punishment for ner'zhul after he attempted to buck the burning legion after being stranded on draenor.

Not to mention basically everything wc3 added was reeeeetarded.

HAHAHA good one

To us that seems like common sense. But if you think about it. You could say that about so much stuff related to Warcraft.

>well you can't have Medivh going nuts and helping Gul'Dan open the portal if you don't know about his mother being cursed by Sargeras and having the cursed passed onto her child.

but they did it by... taking a shortcut and reaching the same conclusion

I guess I'm kinda biased because I wanna seew Tichondrius and his dreadlords on my screen. And I also wanna see a good actor play Arthas.

The way Uther described Arthas in the Arthas book was perfect. Extremely determined and would do anything to achieve his goal basically. I wanna see him slowly fall into madness