So, I fucked up, anons. Got doxxed

So, I fucked up, anons. Got doxxed.

What usually happens? What scenarios do I need to prepare myself for?

Pic unrelated.

depends, what exactly happened, what do they know, what info got out?

Most of the time, people just look at where you live, what you look like, etc.

Worst case, you get swat.

I think they pulled a GPS coordinate from a pic.

They posted an address, but no name

What is swat?

To clarify, it was girls old address, not mine

Inform the police that some people online know your address, don't tell them to do anything about it just let them know to take any crimes called on your address with a pinch of salt.

I'm worried they'll some disconnect that address to her name

*somehow connect

Does your girl know about it? She should at least be prepared for the worst.

You're right

SWATing is the practice of calling in a fake threat to the local police, such as "I have hostages/I am a hostage" or "Im going to kill myrself/my hostage" so tgat the police respond by sending a SWAT team to the address the caller provided. Since its a life or death sotuation the Police dont need a warrant and they kick in your door, primed for a gun fight.
best case you get your door blown up, your house ransacked and your ass kicked a little.
Worst case you or a loved one gets killed for no reason.

FUCK

Does this happen often?

Bump

Mainly to high profile internet people, though that might just be because of the coverage

This is also the reason why I said inform the police about it, they'll still investigate but they hopefully won't go in guns blazing.

I'm hoping someone was just trying to rattle my cage

It's very likely that's what they'll try to do, just scare you. A lot of people on the internet are all bark and no bite. But still, its better to be safe then sorry.

They absolutely succeeded

what did you do to warrant the attention?I mean there isnt much meeded to provoke the internet hate machine, just curious

Remove your pants, prepare for pizzas

I was dumping pics, and I had dumped there before. Someone got passed that I was dumping a lot of stuff he'd seen before I guess.

Suddenly, a pic of Google street view with address was posted.

Bump