I just finished this show. What the fuck happened after season 2? Did they change writers or director or some shit?

I just finished this show. What the fuck happened after season 2? Did they change writers or director or some shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/uuoVwA7AsFI
youtube.com/watch?v=WvVpDCQ9IY4
themarysue.com/battlestar-galactica-movie-is-the-cylons-real-plan/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Is there anything Christianity hasnt ruined?

I don't fucking know, man. I dropped that shit pretty soon after Season Two. Just didn't care anymore.

What even happens at the end?

Literally everyone gives up and decides to die alone.

I wish I was kidding.

Big ass writer's strike

The stuff they wrote in the writers bible ran out.

Eh, it was edge-ville, and took an oddly religious direction, but it's still one of the few show I bought the series-box of.

threadly reminder gaius balter did nothing wrong.

also number 8 was the qtest

>not trica helfer

She's literally 10/10

It's easy to set up intriguing and deep mysteries. It's hard to actually have satisfying conclusions.

They wrote the mysteries as they went along rather than having them fleshed out beforehand, so the show was great right up until it tried dishing out answers. Which is about around season 2.

The religious direction was entirely appropriate and fitting. It was just poorly executed.

Didn't they admit that they were just making it up on the fly? It's pretty clear that they had the basic plot in mind based off the original, but once they used up the whole "the Cylons are relentlessly chasing us" plotlines, they didn't know what to do. So they started with the whole religious bullshit and secretly revealing that everyone is a Cylon and it went to shit.

Not that it was a work of art to begin with, but the original series also went to shit once things kind of calmed down. They just started kind of ripping off Star Trek doing like a planet of the week kind of thing, each time somehow finding more and more humans, even though the original plot was there were no non-Earth humans left in the universe other than those on the Galactica.

>THEY HAVE A PLAN
Turns out they didn't know what it was.

>tfw you're the only person who liked Caprica and felt bad when it was cancelled

just like the writers , they did shit as they went

You're not alone, user. IKTFB

They wrote themselves into a hole very quickly and the show continued for far too long. There's only so many cat&mouse/mutiny/politics/religious bullshit episodes they can make in 6+ seasons.

>Let's give up all the knowledge of our struggle, all our culture, and all out medical and technological advances so we can all interbreed with barely evolved apes and live in mudhuts.

>We have nowhere to go! There are no more habitable worlds left! What do mean we can go to Kobol, which is a lush garden world with no more Cylon presence? What's a Kobol?

I completely forgot about Kobol....

That makes the ending like 100x worse. Holy fucking shit.

That makes Dee's death completely pointless and bad.

They had some interesting ideas but they didn't know what to do with it

Caprica, for all the shit v-world deservedly gets, is actually planned out a little better

Oh please seasons 3 and 4 were way better than 1 and 2 besides the last fucking minute

Episodic structured dark tv shows a shit

Gaeta

L I T E R A L L Y

did nothing wrong. Adama and co. doomed humanity.

Honestly, when Cylons literally genocide billions of people, such that every single survivor in the fleet was personally affected by the genocide, lost someone before or after it, how could they ever agree to work with them? It just makes no sense. Zarek was right, but wrong in the deaths he caused, and Gaeta was doing what he had to do to fight for what he thought was right.

I watched Caprica live when it first aired, but I stopped watching after they had that mid season break and I learned it had been cancelled. Never wanted to continue watching it because there was no point...

I wish that Blood and Chrome series got picked up. Even if it was kinda shitty, I just craved for something more from the BSG universe.

Granted the Cylons still knew about Kobol, and who knows if any of them survived the Colony. There were also probably still some Cylons out there doing god knows what after the series ended. They didn't spread a virus to kill them all or anything. Also, after the Colony was wiped out they couldn't really go anywhere but Earth. You can't just plot a jump back to Kobol from there, it would take years of travel to plot all the jumps and make it back, and require a shit ton of fuel that they didn't have.

continuation of Blood and Chrome when?
Caprica new season when?

Never. Like the Stargate tv series, Battlestar is dead forever until they re-boot it as a hollywood series or something.

>Gaeta
more like Gayta :DDDDDD

This. They should have ended the show at the radioactive Earth.

The religious shit was there from day 1, anyone who pretends the show changed at all towards it is fucking retarded.

3mormon5me

The most retarded thing in the show was allowing the Pegasus be destroyed. Why would you destroy a state of the art assault carrier with Viper factories? Galactica should have been the ship that went suuu siiii squaaa

I agree. I wasn't mad about the religious aspects of the ending, though Starbuck literally disappearing into thin air made me very angry.

I was mad about the way that they transitioned the plot into our own reality. Why couldn't Battlestar exist in its own alternate reality of Earth? Why did they have to force this bullshit merged reality where everything the colonials went through, their trials and tribulations, meaning nothing? They all die off basically and the hybrid cylon baby thing creates humans ancestors. Not to mention the fact that RDM completely misunderstood the idea of mitochondrial eve when he wrote the finale.

I mean they could have done something much better, I always imagined a badass finale being they land the ships somewhere on Earth and over time they get taken over by the jungle / buried in the desert. Maybe they even landed the larger ships on the moon and the last few minutes of the finale is us discovering these ships and learning the tale of hardship that led their ancestors to Earth.

I agree, but it was impossible man. The name of the show was fucking Battlestar Galactica, not Pegasus, thus what had to be done was done.

no
it was retarded and in no way people can defend this retardation

IIRC a writer's strike happened and the cast basically said "fuck it" and wrote their own scripts for the duration.

You are a fucking moron. First off, the Pegasus set on the show was basically a single fucking room, the CIC. The Galactica set was much more extensive. Of course they're not going to scrap an entire massive set and set the show on Pegasus instead. Not only that, but the Galactica is much more iconic of a ship compared to the Pegasus. It's practically its own character in the show. The entire basis of the show from the beginning is that the Galactica is an outdated ship that survives the apocalypse because its outdated and rugged, a veteran of years of warfare past and present.

If you seriously believe that BSG would have been a better show had the Galactica blown up and Pegasus became the hub of the show, you are a literal drooling retard with no understanding or respect for the show itself.

What is the argument for keeping the pegasus? Because it was flashy and advanced? That means nothing in the context of the show, a gritty dark sci-fi drama about survival.

>about survival
Characters didn't choose the best ship to defend their lives and what's best for their survival
You are the moron here.

Not them, but Galactica couldn't have taken out the ships that Pegasus did. If it was Galaatica then the basestars would have survived.

>dey couldn't kill those basestars if it wasn't he Pegasus
Galactica has more guns than the Pegasus, if I remember correctly, because Pegasus has ECM/ECCM instead of just guns and shit

If not, they still have the nukes, and should have used some of them

youtu.be/uuoVwA7AsFI

Why did Starbuck disappear? Why was her Viper physical if she was just an angel like Gaius and Caprica 6?

Why did God's plan involve radioactive Earth at all? Why not deliver his people to new earth right away? If it was all a test to see if cyclons and mankind deserved to live together, why did they end up living together after we clearly failed every single step along the way?

Why was the 13th tribe/final five limited to sub-luminal speeds? They started with technology capable of making perfect replicas of existing humans as well as resurrection. They then had 2000 years of leeway to figure out FTL travel with an army of thinking machines. Even if it took 1000 years, on 1001 they could FTL jump there and save 999 years. But no, they instead spent 6 years at sub-light, 2000 years at real time, to deliver... a warning.

They arrive too late. Hilarious.

You are seriously complaining that a show called Battlestar Galactica refused to kill off the namesake ship of the show. Do you realize how stupid this is? The most logical thing does not need to happen in television shows. Practically every single tv show ever created is filled with illogical actions that drive the plot. Besides, as this guy said, Pegasus' destruction was instrumental in allowing the colonials to actually escape from New Caprica. It took out ~4 basestars if I remember allowing all the colonial ships to not get blasted out of the atmosphere as they left New Caprica. Its sacrifice was badass as well.

That scene of Adama painting the Galactica's bulkhead was hard to watch.

Any scene with sad Adama was hard to watch.
>model ship smashing intensifies

Also, the scene where Saul Tigh is proudly standing at attention in the air lock, ready to die for the crew of BSG. Manly tears.

Tigh was my favorite character, even if he was a toastercuck.

BSG gets shit on so much for the ending, but there is so much good shit in this show. The atmosphere and lore that it built up over the course of the series was incredible. So were the characters as well. This and LOST will go down in my mind as my favorite tv series of all time, even if the finales of both are somewhat tainted. I have so much nostalgia from watching both shows live, making theories as to what was going on, etc.

Her voice is sexy as fuck but otherwise she doesn't do anything for me

I can live with everything except three specific things.

>Abandoning technology
Literally why. Last time you settled somewhere and thought the Cylons were cool, having ships in orbit was the ONLY REASON everyone didn't die right then and there. So what do they do? Immediately send their ships off into the sun.

>Refit of the BSG with Cylon goo
What a bait and switch. How fucking cruel to give us hope that the BSG was going to come back as something new, something part cylon, better than ever, then nope, lets scrap it.

>That stupid fucking Opera House scene with Gaius and Caprica 6 taking Hera and locking the door behind them.
Here it is. The show's finale. We get to see the Opera House scene play out in real life for the first time. After all this fucking talk about redemption and working together, here it is. The final betrayal is from both humans and cylons in love. Gaius and Caprica 6 are going to take her child and run away. Its been foreshadowed for two seasons now and built up as the climax to the story. The most dramatic song in the soundtrack is now blasting. Real fucking pottery at work here.

Oh wait no, LEL. Gaius and Caprica 6 literally close the door behind them for no reason. Literally lock it for no reason. We literally get a scene of the Prez and Athena banging at the door for no reason.

Two seconds later everyone regroups in CIC and the Opera House bit is wrapped up and thrown out the fucking window.

3 > 6 > 8

It is known

Oh god I completely forgot about the Opera house scene in the finally. All that build up, hype for fucking nothing. Thanks for reminding me...

I agree with your other points as well, S4 had some great high points, and some low lows...

The abandoning technology thing is what pissed me off most though, and the fact that they HAD to had that shitty final scene in NYC to merge our reality with the shows. Fuck that bullshit, and fuck RDM and your shitty cameo.

8 > 6 > 3 tbqh

NZfag here, it's grating hearing our accent on screen

>old xena
>best grill

That isn't how you spell Cally.

The series gave us great music, some nice action scenes and a couple of memorable characters.

All in all, better than most TV, even if they dropped the ball big time in S4.

youtube.com/watch?v=WvVpDCQ9IY4

I disagree but respect your opinion.

I didn't have a problem at all with the last 2 seasons. I must be in the minority

Fucking this. Probably the worst ending I've ever seen. Ruined the show for me, I haven't rewatched any of the show ever since, and I own the entire series on disk.

>Caprica
>teen melodrama for the sake of melodrama

>Battlestar is dead forever until they re-boot it as a hollywood series or something.

themarysue.com/battlestar-galactica-movie-is-the-cylons-real-plan/

>What a bait and switch. How fucking cruel to give us hope that the BSG was going to come back as something new, something part cylon, better than ever, then nope, lets scrap it.

They were expecting another season.

I don't think the end of the show would have been any better if they'd got it though.

>religious characters exist in real life
>what, why are you surprised God and Literal Angels stepped out of the sky and into your city, they've been hinting at it all along

Come on user.

they hired a woman writer the same woman who ruined buffy

I love the handheld camera look of the show, even during fucking space battles. Really helped set the show apart at the time. Now it's really overused.

I miss this meme

Season 3 (the second half) was the weakest part of the entire show for me. Season 4 picked up a lot of the slack and the ending was... ok. It could've been a lot worse.

BSG commits two absolutely unforgivable sins.

>serious moment with good acting
>spoiled by the portrait shot quickly zooming in on the eyes to capture a small part of their reaction

>writing actually ties into something that happened earlier in the series in a neat little way
>WHOOSH
>SEPIA FLASH BACK SCENE REMINDING YOU
>WHOOSH

The writers ran out of ideas so they went with God did it to make the show seem deep to retards.

>>Abandoning technology
>Literally why. Last time you settled somewhere and thought the Cylons were cool, having ships in orbit was the ONLY REASON everyone didn't die right then and there. So what do they do? Immediately send their ships off into the sun.
This seems retarded, but consider, if the fleet was not scrapped there could be a sign of it on Earth or in the solar system today. Since there is none they must have scuttled the ships. Galactica's hulk alone would probably remain mostly intact even on Earth in the spawn of 150,000 years.

That's because the handheld look was done in a way that was still coherent (and added to the immersion of the show) rather than jerk you around like an ADHD-ridden child.

>SEPIA FLASH BACK SCENE REMINDING YOU

I really hate that.
Hell, some shows did it DESPITE HAVING SHOWN THAT EXACT SCENE IN THE PREVIOUSLY ON

I'm looking at you, L O S T

>based off
* based on

I never really was very good. I think most people looking back admit that now.

It dropped off from middling to bad pretty fast, went rapidly downhill to terrible from there, and ended with one of the worst endings of a major series in recent memory.

>I never really was very good

BTW Fuck all of you faggots who didn't like the camerawork and pseudo-physics on the space scenes. That and the thundering barrages of kinetic projectiles firing and hitting shit will ALWAYS be a billion times better than same old boring-ass World War II planes with lazors tripe popularized by Star Wars et. al.

I agree, the space camera was great, but I hated how they did the same stuff when filming people, it doesn't work the same way.

I thought the camera work was fine except for the character portrait zooming. Had no problem with space combat either. Thought it was refreshing they didn't have fucking "shields" and laser beams and actually had to use jet-like fighters. Very, very cool IMO.

Then they did a FTL jump from orbit and it didn't even cause a breeze.

Then they did multiple blind FTL jumps.

Oh, I forgot.

>That scene where they bring what are very clearly space stations into the atmosphere.

>FTL jump from orbit

Fuck, it is early. I meant

>FTL jump from lower atmosphere

I might be wrong, but I think they did it twice. The second time it had the vacuum, but the first time, when it was multiple ships, there wasn't any.

But honestly, after watching a few different sci-fi shows, I've learned that FTL rules are made to be broken.

Ending was literally retarded.

And this struggle and deaths for that... I'm still fucking mad.

> Ronald Moore is invited to Voyager
> sees that noone on board gives much of fuck and leaves disgusted swearing to built his own, better Star Trek with music and robo-sluts
you sure showed them, Ron
you sure did

I have a better version (for you)

People keep saying BSG movies exist.

Are they referring to the uncut extended episodes?

bsg Razor

Which is just E01 and 02 of Season 4, right?