I accidentally put brake fluid in the coolant tank what should I do now? Is my car fucked? :(

I accidentally put brake fluid in the coolant tank what should I do now? Is my car fucked? :(

Other urls found in this thread:

i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDU5Mw==/z/wjMAAOSwZ8ZW6Amt/$_1.JPG
yourmechanic.com/article/symptoms-of-a-bad-or-failing-heater-bypass-tube
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kek

Flush coolant system couple times

Is that a jeep or Chrysler?

No, just flush your coolant tank and don't be a retard next time

Go to /o/, or google it.

Let it run for 20 minutes, then try to blow it up through the exhaust, you fucking retard. Insurance claim.

No, your car isn't fucked. brake fluid should harm the system in any way but you should flush the coolant, or just drain out the coolant reservoir if you haven't driven with it in there

It will dilute the coolant and lower the freezing point, so if you're in a cold area, you need to remove it.

The effects on gaskets might also be somewhat concerning, but I doubt that is anything to worry about.

Empty the system of coolant, flush it once with pure water, and then put in your prefered brand of coolant. Should take care of any problems.

If u didn't run the car yet just take that reservoir off and dump it

It's fine. Brake fluid is not the best coolant, but it will do. Also, it won't freeze, so you don't need antifreeze this winter.

only need to drain it once, then tap up with new coolant and you ready to go.

Wut?

How do you fuck up that bad?

You just end up with burnt lips and a new car.
Worth it.
Why do you think niggers don't work and have big lips?

People are stupid, user.
I've seen a story of a guy that thought flushing his oil system meant putting water into the oil until it came out the fill hole and running the engine

Thats an expansion chamber and only feeds into the radiator.

If you disconnect the line going from it to the radiator and drain what you put in, it should be good. Just wash and refill the expansion chamber after.

i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NTAwWDU5Mw==/z/wjMAAOSwZ8ZW6Amt/$_1.JPG

Are you being serious?

I would run coolant flush once. Then water flush it again. Don't want that oil hanging in the heater core. That reservoir has a line right at the heater core.

What the fuck is up with your german? Fucking nazi.

No but coolant doesn't run through the combustion chamber to go out the exhaust. Nice try though

wut?

There's a line from the heater core going to it as well. That's why it's against the fire wall

Please stop pretending like you know about cars by using "words"

In all reality, most likely nothing would happen. Break fluid is alcohol based and will evaporate over time and vent as gas out the expansion chamber vent tube...

The muffler bearings need to be re-shimmed or you are going to cause piston ankle damage.

OP,

If you are being serious flush it a few times then fill it properly.

Dont forget to change the fender fluid and blinker oil while you're at it.

my sides kek

I second the muffler bearings and ankle pistons

gm

Just don't leave it in there

Actually most of the time the heater core bypass lines are Tee'd into the main return coolant line on cars that use an expansion chamber. It needs to be to maintain flow before the thermostat opens.

Think before you speak son...

Oh ya the autistic child of the auto industry.

just pull on of the lower coolant lines to the radiator and it should drain all that shit right out, i wouldnt drive it again without a proper coolant system flush though, maybe 2

Dont feel too bad OP.

Schematic or it's not real. I have expansion tank and a heater core line going straight to/from it. Really depends on the make of car. Think before u speak faggot

trips of truth

this is a chevy we are talking about here, not "most cars" lol

Yup the bypass is in the hvac unit. Coolant always flows to heater core. Hot and cold air are switched between units by doors.

if im right this is OPs car, work on these stupid fucking things, no line to heater core from resevoir afaik

As long as your head gasket(s) is/are working properly.

This picture is like me putting my dick in...

-Used on one of the most common GM motors anywhere, the 3800 v6.

Si correcto

see
that shit v6 hasnt been made for years now

You have no idea what anyone is talking about here do you?

Oh ya is that the brake fluid reservoir right next to it? Stoner mistake

wtf?

lmao the pieces are coming together now op

I think you don't

OP never said year or make fool.

You just wanted an example, and that engine can be found in 47% of GM cars STILL on the road.

Man, pulling it in and out feels SO GOOD.

>Is my car fucked?
no, but you're gonna have to flush the whole fucking cooling system before you start it up again.

Chryslers do this. It's really car specific how it works

I think you like cocks for breakfast.

The way the hvac doors work as NOTHING to do with the coolant bypass system.

Read a fucking book you stupid cuck.

and remember to tighten the fan-belt buckle.

i aint payin for 10 liters of oil. this should be fine...

This actually is a feature on some older pre 1920 fords.

Please research before making yourself look like

No you are wrong. Blend doors. Coolant is running to heater core all the time. Thermostat limits or allows flows. There is no fluid bypass dumbass otherwise there would be an air pocket in there

Water actually works as a lubricant in an engine, Issue is it does not for long!

hey man, foam's foam.

Hey moron,

BLEND DOORS HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE PRESSURIZED COOLANT RETURN SYSTEM. THEY ARE PART OF THE HVAC SYSTEM. THE COOLANT LOOP IS PART OF THE HVAC SYSTEM AS WELL.

THE DICK AND THE MOTH ARE PART OF THE SAME BODY, BUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE THEM PART OF THE SAME SYSTEM.

UNLESS IT IS IN YOUR CASE FAGOT.

At least it kept the engine warm

Fucking pleb car.

Turbo cruze.

1.4L trubo.

Thats like putting a French tickler on a 3" dick...

I never said they do fuck face. Coolant doesn't bypass anything dipshit

eh?
Here's your (You) then.

>PRESSURIZED COOLANT RETURN SYSTEM
This doesn't exist

Cars are manly objects

Anan, I am having trouble understanding how you are too dense to understand this shit... I hope you dont work on anyones car!

I am not even the guy you are arguing with, but a bypass is part of a coolant system.

Its the part that the coolant goes to your heater core from.

For fucks sake, I am in 10th grade and know this.

yourmechanic.com/article/symptoms-of-a-bad-or-failing-heater-bypass-tube

>trap detected

Looks like you ass got trolled son,

Also, better check up on that privacy reminder... I'm watching :D

Yes on "some" cars and validates my point that coolant is "always" running to heater core

naw its fine.

Some quick use of this new fangled "google" proves you are mistaken son.

>It will dilute the coolant and lower the freezing point, so if you're in a cold area, you need to remove it.
eh?

Not all cars are like this. It's not dense

No,

On all cars with a heater...

Wow, you really are the biggest moron here.

You mean the heater bypass tube? Yes that exist

All cars with a heater you stupid fucking retard.

Please for everyone's sanity, either shut up or go play on the freeway.

The article did not say all cars and my car does not have a bypass on it. This is a gm design.

So can OP just disconnect the hose from the expansion tank hes just filled with brake fluid and drain it out? Or has it mixed?

Please see A bypass is not a real thing in automotive cooling systems.

Nope not all cars with a heater has this tube. Says so in the article you provided. So.....in yo face nigga. Read your own shit before acting like you know what you are even saying son

yes it does.

You saying that is furthering my point that you are indeed the dumbest person here user.

I told him to do this already

what making myself look like im the only one that has said anything reasonable?

What? Nigga shut up. It's not on all cars faggot. Learn to read

All cars with a heater have a bypass. Its a concept not a tube...

Man, sounds like you should be doing some homework rather than trying to sound smart on the chan...Kid.

Most cars does not mean all cars. Learn inglish dick fucker

lol

Eat shit and die cocksucker.

sorry, didn't see.

And how is this bypass work that u claim?

>Nigga

So... Are you an uneducated black or a 14 year old kid?

Has to be one or the other.

>inglish

>dick fucker

Yeah, ok...

Does it matter? Are u here to fap to traps or fix cars?

>took the bait
>triggered

If you learned what a thermostat did in a car, this would make sense to you.

People getting trolled hard here and being butthurt about it

I discussed the thermostat already. Try reading the whole thread. There is not a bypass tube shit face

shit lad have u hacked my fridge?

Maybe both, at the same time.

Are you here to try to sound smart and cool to boost your failing ego, or to shitpost as a way to cope with dad's extra long and wide cock?

What's wrong with it?

Shit post but not for those reasons