What are some bands/artists that follow this pattern?

what are some bands/artists that follow this pattern?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KW7ZSrDv1Ys
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The Doors

Fun fact: that chart is also a timeline of Swans albums :^)

Grimes is currently in contrarian valley, next lp should catapult to patrician.

...Bowie, maybe?

there would be a dip at the end but otherwise yeah

radiohead for sure

This is a tough one. Most bands go back to turbopleb after contrarian valley, or at least to whatever they were making in the first place

Bowie skipped con valley tho.

stupid retards mongoloids didn't even understand the fucking OP, well done you stupid stupid random person on the internet, you really played yourself this time you stupid piece of shit, maybe you could try to read the post the next time you fucking reply, kill your self

patricianhood is when you listen to the EPs/singles and realize they're better than the albums

Slint

stupid retards mongoloids didn't even understand the fucking OP, well done you stupid stupid random person on the internet, you really played yourself this time you stupid piece of shit, maybe you could try to read the post the next time you fucking reply, kill your self

they were never contrarian

except Filth is their only great album

i don't understand this graph

it's not about the band, it's about someone listening to them
contrarian valley is when you convince yourself radiohead sucks because some dildos on Sup Forums made fun of you for liking them

In trumps America, the country runs like a well tuned machine ;)

Listen OP your premise is retarded, your graph makes no sense, I don't think anyone really knows what your question is or how to answer it, and you're just a fucking moron personally.

The graph is easy to understand, but I don't think there's an answer.

they do suck, though

well they don't suck but they aren't good; all their songs sound like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=KW7ZSrDv1Ys

beach boys
neutral milk hotel

i really cant think of others

sounds like someone is stuck in contrarian valley :^)

Scott walker

Animal Collective in reverse

The flaming lips

This graph compares a listener's "musical IQ" to their appreciation of a particular band or artist.

As you can see, it depicts a specific pattern, starting where a "turbopleb" with a very low musical IQ does not appreciate an artist at all. As their IQ goes up into self-proclaimed "music nerd" territory, their appreciation of the artist grows. Following this, the trend is broken as the listener's musical IQ increases once more, but now they once again have no appreciation for the artist as they have entered the "contrarian valley." Once their musical IQ continues to increase, however, they leave the "contrarian valley" and begin to appreciate the artist even more than they did before.

The graph can also be interpreted as generalizing the opinions of people with a certain "musical IQ," rather than showing the journey of a particular listener as their musical IQ increases. This is just how I choose to interpret it, since it often falls in line with the trends followed by the average Sup Forumstant.

The whole thing is just dumb and based on something totally pulled out of your ass so if you don't mind I'm going to sage the thread.

sage

The Beatles

once you get past "THE FACT THAT", George Martin's boys are fun again.

it's not OP's fault that you're retarded and can't read a simple graph

kek i'm not the op, i'm just a person with reading comprehension

>the Beatles

(not true, by the way)

Uhm no only a faggot and retard would at any point dismiss the fucking Beatles and it would take an extra big faggot to buy into anything a gay Italian pedophile had to say about it. If you ever let anyone else decide or greatly influence what you like you are worthless as a human being

t. contrarian valley

>implying The Shitles were ever fun

see

THIS IS WHAT POPTIMISTS ACTUALLY BELIEVE

see

see

I just realized contrarian was spelled wrong here