Irrational hate

Are there any artists that are considered "interesting' but you find boring as fuck? For me grimes is a good example. Her music and artistic "aesthetic" is just a myriad of cliches of late 2000s indie pop or art pop. It's a bunch of shit that is trying to scream "look how eclectic and artsy I am" but it comes off pathetic, tryhard and insincere. I don't know, both she and her music is just so boring. Watched some interviews to see if I'm right on this and yeah, she just seems like such a boring person.

Other urls found in this thread:

i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature
spin.com/2015/11/joanna-newsom-divers-interview/
rookiemag.com/2015/10/joanna-newsom-interview/4/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S51021880#p51023667
youtu.be/1FH-q0I1fJY
tktk.gawker.com/pitchfork-deletes-its-harshest-critic-1736804618
youtu.be/vIi57zhDl78
twitter.com/AnonBabble

So, yet another hate thread dedicated to Grimes? Jfc, you're relentless. Just how dull as a person you must be if you find a genuinely exciting artist like Grimes to be boring? Dude, stop projecting your own boringness on her. "Boring" is the shittiest argument you could have when discussing art. This argument should be banned forever.

>Her music and artistic "aesthetic" is just a myriad of cliches of late 2000s indie pop or art pop.
Name 10 cliches from all that myriad.

naw yeah your assessment is pretty on the nose

Its not so much that grimes is like, a spectacularly bad artist, there are plenty of artists who are worse than she is, not that its an especially high bar, but grimes is faaaaaaar from being anything special, at all. Her music was bad trendhoppercore back in 2011 and now the meme is dead. Just makes all the obsession on this board by a handful of obnoxious cringey autists all the more irritating.

Did you know that Joanna Newsom really appreciates Grimes? I'm not even talking about the myriad of critics. You just don't like her music, big deal. It doesn't mean it's not amazing.

>Her music was bad trendhoppercore back in 2011 and now the meme is dead.
Stop talking out your ass. Her music wans't even that popular in 2011. And by the way if you pretend the meme is dead how come her music is more relevant NOW than ever? Checkmate.

>Needing to write lengthy paragraphs in order to explain why you think a particular artist is uninteresting
Lol you yourselves are the best proof there is for why you are wrong.

Fuck i jsut made a thread about her, i feel that /Mmu/ are a bunch of autistic hipsters.
her music is good but fuck her asthetic is so cringy man

Hit the nail on the head. If she's that boring and uninteresting, why these folks wrote lengthy paragraphs about her? Maybe they have conflicting ideas about her...

who gives a fuck about joanna newsom were talking about grimes are you high or something

>you yourselves
I'm new o mu and this is telling me how trash you guys are.

>her asthetic is so cringy man
It's not at all. Her aesthetic fits her music perfectly. If you dislike her aesthetic, just stick to her music.

Yeah yeah yeah ive heard that johanna newsome once said she heard a grimes song or whatever and some hacky shill critics endorsed her music big fucking whoop you retards never fucking shut up about it. Here are some other fun quotes: "grimes is the most overrated act of the past 10 years" -chris ott "i find her physically repulsive" -based devin-sama.
>just because you dont like it doesnt mean it isnt amazing
yes it does actually, my opinions are objectivley correct. cant argue with science check mate grimesfags
>Stop talking out your ass. Her music wans't even that popular in 2011
Oh yeah p4k gave her track of the year in 2012 to that DREADFUL genesis song but yeah that wasnt her peak relevancy or anything

Only her music is good, otherwise everything else about her belongs in the chemo ward.

>It's not at all.
this is not an attack so please do not take offence to this but, are you a hipster? or have you not seen any of her videos?

>who gives a fuck about joanna newsom
Lots of people.
>were talking about grimes
Right. And Joanna Newsom mentioned some nice things about Grimes. Get it?

>Interviewer: What young artists do you feel an affinity with? I heard you're a Kendrick fan.
>Joanna Newsom: I loved the latest Bjork album, I'm excited about the idea of Grimes. I haven't wrapped my head around the record. I find her so compelling and so unlike anybody else and so incredibly talented, skilled, and fun. I love her. I met her in LA a few months ago, she told me something along the lines of, "I grew up listening to your music". I will say, it made me feel really old for about five minutes, then it made me feel really happy. I was like well, I guess I'm old now, but that's okay because this awesome and amazing young musician likes my music and said that it was special to her when she was younger, so that's great.
i-d.vice.com/en_au/article/life-after-whimsy-joanna-newsom-is-no-ethereal-creature

>I’m super excited that Grimes is getting so much attention for her amazing production too because she’s super, super talented. And she does everything! She produces completely on her own.
spin.com/2015/11/joanna-newsom-divers-interview/

>In terms of people today, as I said, I’m a little out of the loop, but I have noticed I’m really excited by the way that Grimes frames herself, and seems utterly disinterested in her own beauty, which is really exciting to me. Sometimes it’s useful for an idea, and then other times it’s not useful for an idea, and she seems unaffected either way. I like her music as well, and I like what she says.
rookiemag.com/2015/10/joanna-newsom-interview/4/

If a respected artist like Joanna likes Grimes who are you to disparage the latter artist?

She's got some songs I enjoy somewhat but on the whole I agree with you that I don't find her music that good.

I'm not a hipster and I like her videos. I've seen all her videos and all of them have great visuals. It's just a matter of taste, don't play the hipster card, bruh.

yeah man most of her music is good, a few songs are just fuckign hispster trash that fits her and her style 100%.
idk where she steals the ideas for the good songs though

>and seems utterly disinterested in her own beauty
she's disinterested in it because even if she wanted to be interested in it, she doesn't have any beauty for her to be interested in

lol

Lol - what he actually said:

>I find her physically repulsive. I am literally 0% attracted to her face and body.
>
>That does not mean I'm not attracted to her at all though. Her personality more than makes up for all of that and I am not a shallow person at all. She's a Pisces, I'm a Cancer, do the math (pseudo science I should say).
>
>Claire is one of the most wonderful, smart, funny, briliant, fun to be around people I have ever met and I wish we were as close as we used to be.
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S51021880#p51023667

You also mentioned these 2 hacks before. I also told you before that Ott was btfo by P4K for being a massive prick. If you think these 2 hacks have any importance, you're a delusional fool.
>yes it does actually, my opinions are objectivley correct.
Except they're not. And don't bring objectivity when it comes to your subjective opinions.
>Oh yeah p4k gave her track of the year in 2012 to that DREADFUL genesis song but yeah that wasnt her peak relevancy or anything
It was Oblivion, not Genesis. I have a feeling you didn't even listen to her music, you just hate her for the sake of it. Correct?

>p4k gave her track of the year in 2012 to that DREADFUL genesis song
Lmao you don't even know what her songs are called.

>don't play the hipster card, bruh.
so you are a hipster, why take up the defensive after a stated that my words were not inteded to cause offence.
it just seams like your a hipster that cant acutly handle being called one , how about insted of trying to be such a secial snowflake you work on meturing on a mental level

>those quotes
wow johanna newsome is obliquely aware of grimes and has maybe heard a few of her songs and called them "nice"

truly an endorsement for the ages

That user --> btfo. Even that Devin hack had some nice things to say about Grimey. Why the haters cherrypick paragraphs out of context to support their idiotic views?

Lol looks like you Grimes haters need to start your own "containment" thread.

this is about music and not the person isnt it?
i dont hate her music just her 'style' if you could call it that, why are you so trggerd by this?
is it because you think im tryign to melt you, special snowflake?
youtu.be/1FH-q0I1fJY how isnt this video hipster? and there are many more like this

He didn't even listen to her music. He's just shitposting here.

>reading comprehension
Let's clear things up:
>I find her so compelling and so unlike anybody else and so incredibly talented, skilled, and fun. I love her.
>this awesome and amazing young musician likes my music
>I’m super excited that Grimes is getting so much attention for her amazing production too because she’s super, super talented. And she does everything! She produces completely on her own.
>I’m really excited by the way that Grimes frames herself, and seems utterly disinterested in her own beauty, which is really exciting to me.
>I like her music as well, and I like what she says.

That sounds like high praise. Just admit defeat.

>Ott was btfo by P4K for being a massive prick
He was BTFO by pitchfork for being the only critic there with enough integrity and testicular fortitude to actually call out the indie darling flavor of the month buzzbands for sucking balls. And if you think any of the critics who endorsed grimes are more relevant than ott? Are you kidding me? What other critics have come out of pitchfork have HALF the name recognition as ott? Ian "hey heres a 9 page essay about my bar mitsvah because my life is oh so fascinating and you should be thankful for reading about it" cohen? Jayson "kanye is going to drop a brick" greene? Mark "who cares" richardson? Lindsay "girl btw" zoladz? That other girl whos the memelord? That grayson guy they bring out of the closet to review metal albums every once in a while? On what planet are ANY of these people "relevant?" What the fuck are you talking about?

>how isnt this video hipster?
Who said it wasn't? And why should anyone care one way or the other?

You haters should realize one thing: the more you discuss her, the more you assess her relevancy. Sorry for you, but you can't win this game. You never won even once.

Let's assume it's a hipster video. Now what? Are you going to hate it because you hate hipster things? Are you such a narrow minded person?

>That sounds like high praise. Just admit defeat.
No. It. Fucking. Does. Not. Shes talking about her fucking self more than grimes ffs. "I like her music" WOW SUCH HIGH PRAISE

God you faggots are so desperate for any form of validation its truly pathetic

>knowing, by heart, the names of people who write for P4k
Lol hi Chris. How's unemployment treating you?

>Who said it wasn't?
this thread said she wasnt a hipster, are you an actual retard?
you guys are just a group of children that cant take someone with legitimate thoughts on their favorate thing so you get all defencive.
if im drunk and can see how retarded you guys are but you cant, what does that say about you?

sounds like something someone who's losing would say

Stop defending that prick, ffs. It makes you look bad. Or are you actually Ott? Spill the beans.

>Ott is a notorious crank who uses his Twitter feed to decry the commodification of the independent arts. At his best he can be a necessary check on the capitalist impulses of the music industry and the publications that cover it. At his worst he can be a straight-up asshole who uses his modest platform to hammer away at personal grudges, many of which seem to end up involving women who make and/or write about indie rock. To some he is an anti-hero, to others he is simply a verbal harasser.

>I would say it does, but Pitchfork has deleted plenty of articles before—in some cases, infamously so—and practically speaking, Ott is a unique case. His structural criticism was often a trojan horse for a personal vendetta, and he has gone out of his way to inflame the individuals who work at and run Pitchfork. He probably deserved something. But who exactly was punished?

tktk.gawker.com/pitchfork-deletes-its-harshest-critic-1736804618

>God you faggots are so desperate for any form of validation
Then why do you keep contributing to their validation by making threads like these?

>this thread said she wasnt a hipster, are you an actual retard?
Grimes =/= a particular music video

>not knowing, by heart, the names of people who write for P4k
lets play a game of spot the dumb newfaggot

>you going to hate somthign that you dont like even though you have given it the time to actualy see if you like it or not
oh yes im so narrow minded and evil you special snowflake.
mate just because you call others narrowminded doesnt make you any different, at least i gave her videos the time of day unlinke you are giving my opinion. so whom is realy the narrow minded person here?

>pretending to be an idiot
READ THIS:
>I find her so compelling and so unlike anybody else and SO INCREDIBLY TALENTED, SKILLED, AND FUN. I LOVE HER.

That's high praise, you stubborn contrarian. Stop being a try-hard, dumbass.

>if im drunk
Well... that explains EVERYTHING.

No way. It sounds like someone who won every time. I have my arguments ready, you have nothing but shitposting.

Is it really so different from bradford cox always getting his cox rode whenever he releases an album because he and shrieber are butt buddies

no it isnt

Shut up, Ott. You're still a prick. And stop hating Grimes. Hating Grimes is passé.

>Grimes =/= a particular music video
youtu.be/vIi57zhDl78 here is another, and i can post al her videos and they are all hipster as fuck
>i cant think of somthing to say so ill use ad homenum instead
so your a child or autistic?

this whole thread is retarded, i get attacked cos i said shes a fucking hipster but her music is good.
you are all closed minded fool just lying to yourself so your pathetic lives mean somthing by being a himpster snow flak rather then meturing in an intelecutal and emotional sence.
keep using your hipster crutch faggots see how far that gets you

>I have my arguments ready
You are such a fucking redditor cringelord its not even funny

Just how pathetic a passe critic like Ott must be to always invoke his crappy essays about the far more relevant Grimes? Do I sense a hint of envy?

>implying you're not a redditor
Stop pretending, son.

When she's interested in her own beauty she features on fashion magazines. Checkmate, Roland McBurger.

I may be a lot of things but im not a fucking redditor

You on the other hand

If you're narrow minded then stop talking about her. You just don't understand her art, why the fuck are you wasting your time posting about an artist you have nothing in common? That's autistic, bruh.

'cuse me but is this the ariel pink thread?

i wish

It's mostly because people are tired of the constant spamming and thread derailing.

>they are all hipster as fuck
So fucking what? If they're hipster does that mean they're automatically bad? Dude, the first thing you should learn about art is that it's subjective. If you don't like her art, fucking move on already.

hahha your posts make me laugh
>if you cant enjoy her visual athetics why post about her
what is actualy autisic is that you think if i hate her videos and her as a person i cannot like her music.
what is wrong with you man? mabey you need to go see a doctor?

>not a fucking redditor
You fool. No. One. There's nothing wrong with reddit, just saying.

wow you people, like ofr real do you actuly understand anything or jsut like pointing fingers to feel superior even though your fully retarded?

>here is another, and i can post al her videos and they are all hipster as fuck
Which doesn't change the fact that
Grimes =/= a music video
Since Grimes is a person.

>so your a child or autistic?
I'm (hopefully) more representative of you when you aren't drunk.

> i get attacked cos
you're making a full of yourself in public. Lay of the booze next time.

>thread derailing
Yeah, we can't talk about Grimes peacefully without being interrupted by these pesky trolls.

>There's nothing wrong with reddit
it would be alright if the layout was not shit i go to the music production reddits sometimes and i really dont like how everything is laid out

>There's nothing wrong with reddit, just saying
THEN

GO

FUCKING

BACK

it's in every thread where the shit get's forced

Bullshit post, I'm not impressed. I told you a clear thing: art is subjective. If her art bothers you so much, find another artist. Problem solved, autist.

>pretending to be an imbecile
You could be on both boards, sucker. Eat less burgers, they make you a sudointellectual and a fat idiot.

>/mu is my safe space
Lol who's the "special snowflake" now?

>You could be on both boards, sucker
And you didnt believe me when i said these grimesfaggots are an outside redditor cancer

I tried to fucking warn you Sup Forums

Gotcha! This user didn't hear about the famous meta trolling skills of the Grimesians. He must be a noob.

>haha i said safe place some college students did that once and it was dumb i sure showed him even though the parallels in this situation are vague at best
wow you sure showed me

>pretending to hate reddit so much
Cut the crap: how many hours/day do you spend on reddit? 2, 3, 4? More? What is your fave subreddit?

>safe place
Apparently not. What kind of liquor?

>wow you sure showed me
He surely did it. You're the jackass in this equation.

>Grimes =/= a music video
>Since Grimes is a person.
so her as a person had no influence on her videoes.
>I'm (hopefully) more representative of you when you aren't drunk.
more ad homenum
>you're making a full of yourself in public. Lay of the booze next time.
hahah so being at home on the internet is a public place now?
you know why i hate hipsters? because they call their opinions facts then mudy what the actual facts are with their convelouted way of thinking.

if art is subjectiv why couldnt i post on her that i like her music but her vidoes are hipster trash? arnt i entittled to that opinion like you are entitled to yours?
you keep calling me the autist but in not the one dealing in black and whites, you are.
you cant seam to get the consept that every thing isnt jsut 1 or 0 its a range of things not just two states.

Ive never been on the website for more than maybe 20 minutes

I havent been there today

I have never posted there, and i have never made an account

Can you say the same thing?

the xx

anyone feel the same? I feel like my ears are broken but I just can't get into them lol

i wish i was this cool

>hahah so being at home on the internet is a public place now?
user, pretty sure you need to either drink a lot less or a lot more at this point.

>hahha your posts make me laugh
>just a dumbass laughing at things he doesn't understand
Keep laughing, idiot. This is the most intelligent thing you could do.

>someone breaks into your home
>please get out of my home
>"haha faggot what is your home your safe place hahaha"
nice logic

>if art is subjectiv why couldnt i post on her that i like her music but her vidoes are hipster trash?
You could. However that isn't what you did. You said that you liked her music but didn't like her videos. Then you said her music was trash (which makes no sense given the first part of your statement.) Hence why you are getting excoriated ITT right now.

Just half an hour today on r/indieheads. Reddit is kinda a nice place despite the voting problem. I really don't get the hate it gets from Sup Forums, when maybe half of Sup Forums users post on reddit too. Maybe it's just a fake meme.

Lol prove it.

>you know why i hate hipsters? because they call their opinions facts then mudy what the actual facts are with their convelouted way of thinking.
>i'm very insecure about myself and attack anyone that seems to know more than something I do.
hipsters have been cool to me, you might just be a dick.

no how is this a public place?
its a public forum not a place, check your facts nigga.
>im gogint o be condacending cos i have nothign inteligent to say
thats what i thought mate, pick on the fact that im drunk rather then come up with an argument, how bad would you feel when you have to resort to that agesnt a drunken Sup Forums user hahaha your mother should be ashamed of the spawn she has made.

>your home
This is your first mistake. It's NOT your home. I repeat: it's not your home. You're just a passenger here.

>when maybe half of Sup Forums users post on reddit too
yeah, just because you do it and we hate you for it, doesnt mean that like, we're all secretly doing it too, and by extension making it okay

you seem alright but you should probably stop posting on reddit before i have to start memeing on you

This. The OP seem really confused.

ok post where i said her music was trash?
i never said that so dont put words into my mouth just because you cant come up with a legitimate argument.
this is why i dont like you people, you use one argument then compleatly contridinct youself after.
im only attacking you guys becuase you trast opinions as facts then force thoses 'facts' onto others when i just tryed to epress my feelign then you all atacked me then when i defended myself you act like the victum.
what kid of shidish shit is that?

Come the fucking on: lots of Sup Forums users use both sites. It's not like you're forced by contract to post on just one of these sites.

How
Its not literally my home but i like he community here, and i dont appreciate you faggots poisoning it with garbage music and exponentially lowering the quality of the dialogues here

>its a public forum
Lol public forums are places irl.

>how bad would you feel when you have to resort to that agesnt a drunken Sup Forums user
Fyi you're gonna have SO MUCH FUN reading through this thread once you get over your hangover tomorrow.

>lots of Sup Forums users use both sites
Not so sure about that friendo

>i like her music but her vidoes are hipster trash?
You said that once, twice, why the fuck do you keep repeating the same things? Are you attempting to troll us?

you're an idiot no wonder why people hate you

>lol im drukn btw look at all my hilarious drunk typos
>hey guys look at me im drunk xD
>im 12 btw
dude can you stop

>How
Precisely my point.

kek

Let's leave it that way. We have no proof.