Why can't atheists define atheism?

Why can't atheists define atheism?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/atheism
en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/god
merriam-webster.com/dictionary/god
dailykos.com/story/2013/1/11/1178137/-The-US-Constitution-Is-Not-A-Sacred-Document
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/atheism

/thread

>lack of belief in God or gods

Define "god" then.

CONVERT TO CHRISTIANITY OR I WILL SPAM MORE THREADS!!!!!!!!!!

fuck your threads

en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/god

>en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/god

Holy shit can't you just do the search by yourself you moron? Those threads are just getting more and more retarded.

We can and this is just stupid bait

>a superhuman being or spirit worshipped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity

So...superhuman? That's what makes something a God?

A tiger is superhuman. It runs fast and can easily overpower us. If a tiger sees you it can easily have power over your fortunes. So you don't believe in tigers? Surely not.

Seriously, what makes something a "god" and therefore not real to you?

A tiger is not a superhuman it's a fucking animal you moron.
Based on your logic a computer is also a superhuman because it can calculate stuffs faster than us.
Also, read the rest of the fucking definition
>worshipped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity

A tiger is not worshipped as having power over nature or human fortunes.

Please, tell me you're trolling, you can't be this stupid.

>A tiger is not worshipped as having power over nature or human fortunes
But it could be. Does human worship of something somehow make it suddenly not exist?

You act like being limited in some abilities disqualifies something from being a god. Clearly this isn't true; the Greek gods were each limited in many ways.

Perhaps if you could give a more specific definition of atheism we wouldn't have to have this conversation. But as usual you people are completely unable to articulate your beliefs.

DO NOT CRITICIZE THE WISDOM OF THE LORD!!!

Fake and gay

>Define "god" then.

An entity characterized by muddled unproven hypotheses that people think has something to do with ethical and ontological questions.

Well, you're a theist right? You believe in god? Then you must be able to give a definition of god? Good. Well, us, atheists, don't think that this thing that you worship exist.

It's as simple as that, if you can't understand this then you're literally retarded.

>An entity characterized by muddled unproven hypotheses
Well that's something of a self-fulfilling prophecy isn't it?

>Well, us, atheists, don't think that this thing that you worship exist
But you don't know what I worship. How can you already say that you don't believe it exists?

STOP OPPRESSING ME YOU ATHEIST SCUM!!!!!!!!!!

>Define "god" then.
Disbelief in god doesn't require defining god duh; I don't need to define gremlins to know I don't believe in them. This demonstrates that you are stupid.

These threads were retarded then and they're retarded now. Fuck off Sup Forums with this shit.

>I don't need to define gremlins to know I don't believe in them
Yes you do. If you don't know what a gremlin is, then you can't say with certainty that it doesn't exist.

HAHA nice POSTING there billy I learned how to greentext the other day too!

Why do you like using images of this character? Do you have fantasies of fucking her?

Umm no. science is based on unmuddled proven hypotheses. It's not a self fulfilling prophecy. Once you can provide quantifiable proof that there's a bearded man in the sky who controls everything, scientists will integrate that data into their worldview and take it into consideration in further experiments. However, if scientists were to provide quantifiable proof that he doesn't exist, your world view would not change at all. If you would ignore proof to the contrary in order to maintain your world view, you are the one who is wrong.

fuck gremlins
elf is defined as a supernatural creature of folk tales, typically represented as a small, elusive figure in human form with pointed ears, magical powers, and a capricious nature.

elves don't exist
checkmate you nigger

Hurr durr it's the neverending shitpost everyone

Why can't you bring an argument?Are you insecure so that is why you throw ad hominems at him? Not op btw.

Why can't OP answer a legit question?

>Umm no.
Cringe.

If, by your definition, a god is characterized by being based on muddled unproven hypotheses, then providing the evidence you're asking for would make him no longer a god.

Yet another example of atheists coming up as vague a definition of their ideology as possible so they can appear smart.

Oh boy you sure showed him!! I guess this is what he deserves for trying to argue with unreasonable retarded autistic children!

He did.

>Thinking god is real
Sorry fam I'm just gonna sit here and actually enjoy me life.

there fuck-ton religions that include some kind of god
are they all correct?

No he didn't. Why does he love using images of that kid for his argument?

because science. stop asking so many questions nerd

Atheists reject all of them, even the ones they don't know about.

I'm astounded at how this could be possible, when no atheist has ever been able to describe to me what makes something a "god" to him, and therefore nonexistent.

I am a fellow Atheist who makes $420,000 annually by simply being an Atheist, and taking down Churches. So what are your thoughts about being an Atheist, Sup Forums?

Atheist shitposting in full force today

we can. its right there in the dictionary. you're just a fucking idiot. these threads are just a waste of time and very annoying. just because you're so insecure and need validation.

Please read the thread, I've already debunked this """"""""""rebuttal."""""""""" At least three times.

He doesnt use them as "arguments" , autistic little boy, it's a way for other posters to recognize him, why does that matter so much to you?

OK fine, I admit it. May you atheists burn in hell

Good goy

Why do these threads matter to him?

God :the perfect and all-powerful spirit or being that is worshipped especially by Christians, Jews, and Muslims as the one who created and rules the universe

I also defined what an elf is, and it does not exist.

way to avoid the question you roody-poo

>May you atheists burn in hell
>Post rule 34 image
Oh the irony

Lack of belief in the existence of God.

>God :the perfect and all-powerful spirit or being that is worshipped especially by Christians, Jews, and Muslims as the one who created and rules the universe

None of the Greek gods fit that description, and yet atheists don't believe in them either. Clearly your definition is not the one used by atheism. Want to try again?

Fuck off faggot

Why can't faggots create better bait?

HAI!!!! MAKE GURO THREAD FOR GAJIN'S EMBRACE OF GURO!!!!!!

No you haven't

Define God.

why cant Christians explain anything in the bible, or the rules that done make sense.

You sure showed him, kid.

FUCK YOU ATHEIST!!!!!

merriam-webster.com/dictionary/god

This is a good start. Gods are more of a concept than a thing that can be neatly defined.

Ur a faggot kill yourself

>Gods are more of a concept than a thing that can be neatly defined
And thus, atheists can therefore never define atheism.

I rest my case. You could have just conceded defeat at the start.

Greek god is defined as "a man who is strikingly handsome and well built."

makes sense, faggot

He made a bullshit claim without evidence. I don't need evidence to call it.

>FUCK YOU ATHEIST!!!!!
Low life Christian. It's a waist of time to spam boards with your crap when you could be doing something better with your "Moral" life.

He's shitposting you dull idiot, he's an atheist

But you haven't won. the word go's means different things to different cultures. I have run into many of those different meanings, I am not convinced that any exist or should be worshipped. If I find one that exists I will no longer be an athiest.

Kek, at least try and take this seriously.

You can find my responses here, since you're apparently too lazy to scroll:
And that's just the first time I had to shit all over some cocky atheist. They're all over this thread, you included.

>He's shitposting you dull idiot, he's an atheist
>Taking my post seriously
Kek

HOW DARE YOU CALL ME A FEDORA-WEARER!!!!! STOP OPPRESSING ME YOU ANTI-CHRISTIAN!!!!

>Edgy cross-wearing faggot

You can't call yourself an atheist until you reject every single one in existence, or until you can come up with a satisfactory definition of "god" that you can say will never exist.

Go rethink your life

okay

a deity is a concept conceived in diverse ways in various cultures, typically as a natural or supernatural being considered divine or sacred.

there i defined it, now what?

I read them, you debunked nothing. The only person you've shat on is yourself.

what is the original video to this girl crying?

>Edgy shitposting cross-wearing faggot who stays in his basement to be (((Close-Minded)))

I don't think that's true, please cite your sources.

>a concept conceived in diverse ways in various cultures
literally anything

>a natural or supernatural being
literally anything

>considered divine or sacred

So basically what you're saying here is that anything that is considered divine or sacred automatically does not exist under atheism. Are you sure this is the definition you're going with?

I don't hear any rebuttals retard

>(((You)))

why do you keep posting this shitty bait?

Says the guy who tells people to read the thread. literally every reply to you has crammed your putrid bullshit back where it came from. I don't have to post a rebuttal, every comment was already beaten.

The definition of atheism is one who believes there is no god. This is meaningless unless there is a concept in mind for "god." Since atheists tend to throw out all religions whether they've encountered them or not, This definition must include all those religions.

yes

nothing is divine or sacred, using the relevant definitions, since they require god or gods

only thing considered sacred otherwise are rules of religions and those rules don't actually exist, they're made up

I'm not OP. You're acting like a child.

>(((Jew)))

The US constitution is considered somewhat sacred. But it definitely exists. I've seen it.

also you left out "concept" which is the key fucking word here

dailykos.com/story/2013/1/11/1178137/-The-US-Constitution-Is-Not-A-Sacred-Document

>Truly child
Tune in next time on truly child

There is a cocept in mind for God though. It is just nebulous.
Why must god be clearly defined? I don't think a clean definition is possible. I think this is apologetic nonsense. As such, I demand that you provide a neat, clear, and concise definition of the word god that applies to every religion that exists, has ever existed, or will ever exist.

>dailykos
kys

You're just mad because I'm right. He, and maybe you, are like a pigeon playing chess. He/you has/have shat on the board, knocked down the pieces, and think you've won.I'm not going to respect someone who doesn't deserve it.

You're the one making the assertion. I only make an assertion that one God exists. Atheists reject all of them based on unknown criteria.

make me, faggot

a·the·ism

noun

disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Google is my friend. I wouldn't day I identify as a atheist though.

Kys

I'm not making any assertion at all. I'm not saying god doesn't exist. You say one does, I say I don't believe you.
Once again, define god to my parameters. If you can't, then why would you expect anyone else to be able to?