Eli Roth to direct Death Wish remake starring Bruce Willis

>Eli Roth has signed on to direct a remake of 1974 action film Death Wish, according to The Hollywood Reporter. The project, which is currently set to star Bruce Willis, has been bouncing around for some time — its last set of directors, Aharon Keshales and Navot Papushado of Rabies and Big Bad Wolves, left last month. Roger Birnbaum, who has previously worked on (among many other projects) Rush Hour and Unbreakable, is attached as the film’s producer.

I mean... if it's like Death Proof..

also Willis is one of those actors that doesn't take directions from anyone so Eli can just do great cinematography and it'll be good.

I would not expect much from anyone else in the movie... I hope he gets a good sound guy.

This could actually be good.

I'll watch this, Roth has some talent hidden away in there somewhere. Are they using any of Carnahan's script?

>Deathwish remake
>From the director of Knock Knock
Sounds promising, but no thanks, I'll pass.

Has Eli Roth ever tortured, killed and eaten anyone?

Just scripts

of Oxycotin

I don't know if I want to see it or not. At face value it could be good, but knowing that we could have had a version written and directed by Joe Carnahan and starring Frank Grillo is pretty depressing.

I can't see Bruce Willis caring about his pretend dead family any more

So is Hollywood just going to keep remaking shit until the end of time?

This.
It will be a disgusting Harrison Ford level phone-in.

Is Jeff Goldblum going to reprise his role as a drug addicted raper?

Hyped for anything Roth directs, although I'm not a fan of remakes.

I want another boundary-pushing, no-holds-barred horror film like Hostel.

role?

Hostel didn't push any boundaries though.

>Death Proof.

Which Eli Roth had nothing to do with...

JESUS CHRIST WHAT THE
HOLY SHIT

At the time it did a little bit at least you jaded little fuck.

Can't be much worse than the shit Michael Winner made

To the general public, yes it did

Yeah. Jeff Goldblum wasn't originally cast in the movie. They could get him off set, and after the rape scene they decided just to ask him to stay.

It's like the other famous time it happened with Tom Cruise in The Outsider. They filmed the brawl first, and Tom jumped in off the street to join in

I want Denzel back too

Fund it

So now instead of just shooting the criminals, the main character will also torture them and chop up their bodies.

Get Larry Fishburne too. He was a rape thug in Death Wish 2.

pretty much, expect a blow torch, I guess

>Roth has some talent hidden away in there somewhere
must be hidden in his ass, where is head also is. everything that guy touches turns to complete shit. i have no idea what kind of talent you think he has

no, but same concept I thought... it's a car movie done lieka horror. You don't know who Eli Roth is do you?

>cabin fever
>hostel 2
>knock knock

You might hate them but a complete talentless hack could not make those movies unless all three were flukes.

>Roth was raised Jewish

>Aharon Keshales was born in Jaffa and grew up in Bat Yam. After serving in the Intelligence Corps of the Israel Defense Forces, he began to attend Tel Aviv University's film school

>Navot Papushado (Hebrew: נבות פפושדו) (born March 4, 1976) is an Israeli film director

>Roger Birnbaum (Ashkenazi Jew) is an American film producer who owns the company Spyglass Entertainment and was co-CEO and co-Chairman of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer

>Death Wish is a 1974 American action film loosely based on the 1972 novel Death Wish by Brian Garfield -A GOY-.
>Film screenplay: Wendell Mayes -A JEW-
>At the time of release, the film was attacked by many film critics due to its support of vigilantism and advocating unlimited punishment of criminals.[4] The novel denounced vigilantism, whereas the film embraced the notion.

>Exodus 21:24 eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot
>In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus urges his followers to turn the other cheek rather than to seek legal steps for any compensation that corresponds in kind and degree to the injury:[1] 'You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". But I say to you, do not resist an evildoer. If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Mt 5:38–39, NRSV)'

Is Death Sentence worth a watch?

I don't know, if they go full camp with it, it might be pretty good like Death Wish 3. All the Death Wish sequels became like a parody of the original, so I don't really see that much grounds for outrage here.

>bruce willis
>eli roth
kek