Someone explain to me how this show has virtually zero discussion whatosever around it

Someone explain to me how this show has virtually zero discussion whatosever around it.

It's a fucking crime that this masterpiece doesn't get the credit it deserves.

Other urls found in this thread:

deathnote.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Note_(American_film)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

fuck off to Sup Forums kid

It's old.

Takes place in Germany but everybody speaks Japanese.

It was made in the wrong medium and shouldn't have been an anime in the first place.

Discussed to death, comes up in GOAT threads all the time. I still haven't seen it, but I still know that.

Shit Ending.

Also

You're on a the wrong board and years too late. Sup Forums used to discuss Monster a long time ago. If you want to discuss it, make a thread there right now and I'm sure there are plenty of anons who want to have a nostalgic discussion of a good show.

Christ this might be the dumbest post on Sup Forums today. And that is saying something.

Yea what was with the pretty shit ending

Show was fucking great otherwise. Would've been whether it was anime or not. Although I think that a few of the characters like Johan do benefit from being animated. Was very well written

Why the FUCK do they make dozens of shitty loli shows every year but 20th Century Boys doesn't get an anime?

Manga >show. Show had a yawn inducing phase holding it back. And Pluto is a way better work of his.

dat otaku money son. that's where you make the big bucks. make seasonal shows and selling overpriced shit to crazed fans.

20th Century Boys got three movies, so there's that.

>OH EM GEEEE THE JAPANESE GUY GOES TO NEW A TOWN
>OH EM GEE SOMEBODY SUSPECTS ABOUT HIM OR ALREADY KNOWS THAT HE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR A CRIEM
>NOPE HE ACTUALLY A GUD BOY AND HE DOES GOOD THING
>USUAL WEABOO OVERACTING FROM THE ANNOYING FEMALE TWIN
>OK, SEE YA GUYZ LATER LOL, GOTTA CATCH UP WITH A GUY NOBODY KNOWS WHICH MAKES NO SENSE LMAO

Repeat for 60 episodes and this is pretty much this crap

is it worth checking out?

I've started it probably a dozen times, but for some reason always lose interest maybe 10-20 episodes in.

>Status Quo: the Anime

Literally nothing happens in this piece of shit. 76 episodes of pure tediousness, only to let Johan walk out like nothing happened. I'm not exaggerating when I say Monster was the biggest waste of time in my entire life. I have no idea how anyone could call this garbage watchable, let alone good. I'm under the impressions weebs pretend to like it to feel like their childish hobby is mature.

forehead pointing anime

20th Century Kids is better.

Fucking lmaoing
Do 15 year Sup Forums teens actually believe this?

I have only read the manga. How is the anime?

>entry level anime
>good

kek

20th Century Boys isn't even good. After the first time skip, it falls the fuck off.

If Hollywood is so he'll bent on making an anime movie worm they should just make it for monster. Its right fucking there.

Death Note comes first. If that's a hit? That opens up the floodgates.

You can't make a single movie out of either of those, and Death Note is too stupid to work as a gateway movie.

I'd personally opt for an HBO-tier Baccano! mini-series.

It's happening on Netflix. Shooting starts in a few weeks. If you want more high-budget anime and manga adaptions, hope that it makes money.

deathnote.wikia.com/wiki/Death_Note_(American_film)

the gateway will be the jojo live action movie

and it will be complete shit

This is the only anime I ever watched. It dragged on too long and it was retarded how Tenma could just go wherever not getting even questioned by police.

Is all anime like this? Am I supposed to take these plot holes with a grain of salt?

It really wasn't.
Urasawa always draws you into thinking his work is good with its realistic setting, characters and an intriguing thematic premise, and it really is pretty good until the story goes on and on and you realize that it's really not doing anything interesting and tries to hide it with really boring and cheap plot contrivances.

God. Ryuk was so terrible in the Japanese live-action movies, I honestly can't even picture what a well-done version would look like.

There are some things that simply can't be adapted to live action, like pretty much all of One Piece. It's over the top and comical and cartoonish, and that's why it works in a cartoon.

that's Japan, right?
They already did like 3 Death Note movies, a drama series, 2 Attack on Titan movies and whatever else that the west loves. All sub-par.
I wouldn't hope for something like Jojo's to be a gateway to anything.

He looked creepy as shit in his own right, but the CGI wasn't up to snuff. I hope that the american version can get him right.

being an anime fan I actually didn't liked it that much it has a HArrison ford The fugitive vibe but Naoki Urasawa can construct a beautiful plot only to shit on the ending. 20 th century boys also has a shit ending I think the only one that could do decent would be Pluto but even that's a stretch. Death note series on Netflix would be awesome butis never going to happen

Sup Forums is filled with normal fags. Different boards means different type of people.

>Someone explain to me how this show has virtually zero discussion whatosever around it.
>weeb shit
I wonder

Daily reminder that YOTSUBA is only good manga.

rest all is weeboo bullshit.

But Yotsuba has only ever been a manga, so of course it's only good as a manga.

t. weeb trash

Watch out, Sup Forums manga buff over here

nah, naruto is much better.

This.
Pluto is a masterpiece.
Already has Astroboy/Atom as a character the western public knows.
Great story too.

Sup Forums here, it's overrated shit.

moshi moshi faggot cock suckre

yeah this, Sup Forums here too, Grimgar is much bett- I mean Dagashi Kash- I mean uh Baka no- Christ, what the fuck is it this season? Whatever, doesn't really matter.
Anyway
>I want to smell her smelly socks!
>Is this a boy?
>Is she a virgin? This is important

the american live action jojo, you buffoon

nobody cares about japan's live action anime adaptation industry.