Sup Forums is only interested in deliberately anti-catchy music

>Sup Forums is only interested in deliberately anti-catchy music
>reddit is only interested in top 40 or previous chart topping music
>rym, p4k, melonhead and scaruffi are only into mumble rap and singer-songwriter bullshit
>last.fm is a horrible hybrid of reddit and Sup Forums

I have tried for 4 years to carve out a niche for myself here, but Sup Forums is more resilient than Trump's Wall, and asking for music I like here is like asking for a song name in a youtube comments section - you're gonna get one thing and one thing only and you always know it beforehand but you still have to try because you really wanna find out. I just want to find a place that caters to me finding music I like, where the fuck do I go?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s19SzmIcFmU&t=276s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My dick
Is hard
They call me
The bard

Thanks famalam

8ch

spotify radio and pandora are your best bets family. study the music you like and it's sub genres to find your niche in music

Not that I'd defend him on most things, but melonhead is pretty anti-mumble rap, it's only yachty that gets a pass for some reason

Ha no, they're even worse and don't have a Sup Forums any more.

I tend to find automated recs absolute shit though

desu I typed mumble rap but meant conscious rap

RYM. Go to genre pages you're interested in/already like, check out the highest rated albums you've never heard of, move through sub-genre pages, you'll find tons of great new stuff.

Just stay away from the forums and don't dig too far into the reviews.

RYM is absolute garbage for electronic music though. Especially so for dance music since it relies on singles instead of albums, and the only people who rate singles on RYM are edgy avant-teen hipsters who rate everything that's not chinese classical a 0.5.

Come to [Musik]

I listen to Japanese city pop while my peers listen to some top 40 nigger rapper, i dont live in the wrong generation, i live in a different dimension

youtube.com/watch?v=s19SzmIcFmU&t=276s

what's that
>Sup Forums is only interested in deliberately anti-catchy music
That's just fucking laughable.

Do you remember /noise/? Have ever seen a drone thread on this board? Have you ever seen anyone express even tacit / fleeting interest in electroacoustic music and not be met with active hostility?

Stop pretend Sup Forums and /r/Music are in any way different.

Musikchan
It's Sup Forumslite

Me: Gee I sure do love metal!
Sup Forums: You better only like hipster metal like SUNBATHER, you bleeding CUNT

me: Boy I sure do like electronic music!
Sup Forums: Fuck you faggot, you will ONLY listen to RICHARD D JAMES

me: Huh, wow I sure like guitar music
Sup Forums: YOU BETTER FUCKING LIKE SLINT AND ONLY MUSIC THAT SOUNDS LIKE SLINT SON

>slint
kek, Slint been getting shit on more and more lately, it's hardly in favour right now

12 posts total for February lol.

Tbh a lot of the time I just go into an interesting ish thread and pick a random album out of the thread that someone has praised and listen to it. Every now and then you find something pretty cool

Discovered some of my favorite bands doing just this. Though it's happening less and less lately.

I don't want cool music, though, I need music of the gods and only music that was divinely fashioned.

seems like you don't even try to like other unfamiliar shit user. spotify is especially good with its discover feature

What kind of music do you like, user? I'll share some shit I like if it is up your alley genre wise.

you sound pretentious as fuck

Listen to White Light From the Mouth of Infinity

The first time I heard Love Will Save You was like god himself giving me the warmest, most deeply comforting hug I could imagine
This album literally made me believe in a higher power

>You're listening to: Angelo Badalamenti
>Recommended for you: Maroon V, Kesha, Flo Rida, Madonna, Chumbawumba and Evanescance
>Sup Forums recommends: Radiohead, Radiohead, Radiohead, Radiohead, Animal Collective, and Radiohead

That's just it I don't classify my enjoyment by genre, the composition and ambience has to be just right or it's just noise, genre doesn't matter

As he stood there, the blade of truth piercing his heart, he came to the realization more horrible than any cosmic epiphany before: Grass was not merely green, it TRULY WAS green.

Well start by killing yourself, that'll get you closer

It's just ok though, as is all of Swans' music.

No discernible taste.

>user you don't like Flavored Water and can't see why it's so much better than Natural Spring Water?
>user wtf why are you bringing up imported cheeses, we're talking waters here, it's obvious you have no discernable taste

That is a fascinating analogy.

What can I use for electronic music? Electronic Battle Weapons is fucken kill

Deafheaven is widely reviled and the very mention of them is enough to incite angry shitposting, and people who only listen to Aphex Twin, Autechre, the list goes on are also ridiculed.

pls respond

this tb h this shitty ass board isn't any different than reddit

listen to /rym/core

Sup Forums is in no way largely interested in ''anti-catchy music'. Also, /r/Music is the worst place on Reddit for music. Some of the more specific subreddits have much more interesting tastes.

This thread is full of memes. Sup Forums is actually one of the best places to find music. 90% of threads I've started here were "hey pic related (album I liked) was pretty good, more like it?" I get anywhere from 1-10 responses of recs and generally like about half of them.

If you don't shitpost in order to create a larger discussion about something you should generally be fine.

Also, if you have a particular genre in mind, search for it on youtube and chances are you'll find channels that solely post music that falls under that category, popular or otherwise.

>Johann Sebastian Bach

This. Bach is hands down the best composer of his day. Fuck what anyone else says.

It's threads like this that make me glad I'm a pleb that can be sustained by sharethreads.

plenty of great discussion and sharing goes on here when people aren't posting their fucking temper tantrums

fuck of back to plebbit

this thread is awful and you're a fucking tool OP. Maybe spend more time finding music on your own and less time seeking the approval of online communities