There are people who seriously think this is a good album

>there are people who seriously think this is a good album

Why?

looking back now, it's the dumbest shit ever, but it made so much sense as a 15-year old

Same reason they think Pet Sounds is better than Orange Crate Art.

this. as an angsty teenager it feels like the most gut-wrenching angry album ever made, and that feeling ended up inspiring a lot of great musicians

No idea. It's fucking awful compared to all their previous work.

embarrassing opinions

It helped invent sludge metal so that has to be worth something

It's good because I like it.

in my head > slip it in > my war > family man > loose nut > damaged

"what the" doesn't count because i choose to believe it doesn't exist

>damaged last

You fishing for (You)s?

The first three tracks are easy to relate to when one is feeling isolated. The last three are pure Sabbath inspired nastiness that have great lyrics. Scream maybe excluded. I can say that Swinging Man is kind of lame but definitely Black Flag's strongest album.

>family man not at the bottom

wew

teenager spotted

Wrong.

I haven't met a single teenager who liked or heard anything past Damaged. If anything Damaged is their kiddie album.

>Henry's voice is at it's best
>Bill Stevenson drumming
>grooviest album
>best solos
>back down to 1 guitar track so Greg cuts the noodling shit
>great guitar tone
>most consistent of their albums
Whats not to like?

I still don't get at all what the hate is about with this album. In terms of the visceral attack the album sells, it's far more a complete package than the vast majority of punk and metal. It's got both fast crazy intensity, but also a slower, heavier, groovier one as well. Throughout it's songwriting, it has more straightforward punk sections when they are needed, but it also has more metallic sections as well so unlike say...a generic hardcore band with their fast parts and breakdowns, Black Flag could actually build onto the fast/slow parts. Hell, the album's even got a bit of the atmosphere thing going on with its guitar solos being sorta reminiscent of post-punk guitar parts rather than conventional soloing. This is all without mentioning its influence particularly on the grunge/sludge/stoner styles of music.

I can see why people back then didn't like it. Both punk fans and the music critics have been historically backing punk rock, so when metallic elements first made their way into the genre when both those demographics hated it, the hate made sense. In today's time though, it makes absolutely no sense. Do you guys still listen to the same senile idiots who were obviously out of touch back then, forget today?

not at all, i honestly prefer bf's later work.

to be honest i probably could've left out family man as it's more instrumental and spoken word, but i just happen to like both sides of that album.

It's a good fucking album, for the vocals alone.

MYYYYYYYYYY WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

YOU SAID YOU ARE MY FRIEND

>Invented "Crust-Core"
>Made Ozzy era Black Sabbath cool for punkers
>Great songs all around
>Black Flag shook all the punk rockers out of their complacency by putting out the opposite of Damage
>Album weeds out the TRUE Black Flag fans from the posers and band wagon jumpers

Mind you I think Slip it In was better but My War is a mighty fine album and I'll gun down anybody who disagrees because YOU'RE ONE OF THEM!

Like yourself you dumb cunt

Because "muh side-B" and "muh sludge"

The title track is honestly the only good thing about it, the rest of the album is fucking awful and Black Flag are overrated.

Black flag was only bad with Henry Rollins

Actually no it's was kinda good actually I'm not sure I just seen the guy act like an asshole before but get music is good

BUT ILLLLLLLL SCCREAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM INNNNNNNNN YOUURRRRRRRR EEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Because err it is?

>err
you must be at least 18 to post on this board

there are only a handful of persons on Sup Forums that are past 20 years old
you're apparently not one of them

Stop beating off to hentai and you'll understand. Fucking fat fuck

you must be at least 18 to post on this board

Fun fact the cover is actually a hand puppet holding a knife.

>"Crust-Core"

What are some other contemporary albums that actually succeed where My War failed? Bonus point if they're not all from the same country

You must be at least 18 to reply to me

Scathing comeback