Hey Sup Forums. My mom died last night...

Hey Sup Forums. My mom died last night, is there anyone who has been through this and knows what the best way to deal with it is? I can't sleep and I'm constantly thinking about her.
>inb4 only 18

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ildtq20FK7I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Try fapping

My mother died after 1 year in hospital when I was 21.

I started to play through all of the Star Wars: KotOR games to think of other things. That made it a bit easier. So basically, try to escape reality for a while.

I'm truly sorry user, if it means anything.
If I lost my mother tomorrow, I'd probably attempt suicide. What happened?

Thanks user.

Ahh tha sucks. A couple of people that i know lost their mothers acually. ANd boy you're in for a ride. THey were fucked up for a loong time LOL. Maybe they stll are, i wouldnt know.

well. GOOD LUCK to YA!

Been fighting cancer for 4 years. Not even contemplating suicide, just sad.

Literally nothing can help you. Two years later and I still cry randomly if I think about her at the wrong time. My condolences user.

I was 18 when my mom died in front of me. That was 2 years ago. Give it some time. She'll always be there in spirit

It's been a day and I just tear up. Christmas, Thanksgiving, and her funeral are gonna be awful.

I also picked up a heavy painkiller habit

I'm probably an autist. But when people I know die I don't have much of a reaction. When my mother died, I went back to work to finish off the work day. I never really mourned or grieved over her or anyone for that matter.

Now, when my dog died. I was inconsolable. I used my 15 days of vacation time, my 5 days personal leave, and my 19 banked vacation days. I could barely get out of bed to go to the bathroom.

I started writing about my dog. Why I loved her, memories, things we did together... just anything that came to mind in stream of consciousness. It really helped.

I don't see drugs in my future, that would've already happened by now.

I am truly sorry.

My old man croaked when I was 18, less than a week after his birthday, and before I even graduated high school.

Grieve. Watch shit that brings you back to when you were a kid and let the feels out in your own time. Listen to music. Let it out.
And exercise. Go for a fucking run. Best medicine, trust me.
Video games, moves, music, will make you dwell.

Hopefully you have a shoulder to cry on. I didn't.
Don't bottle it up for weeks and months to come.
I'm still bit fucked up. And it's 3 years later.

Should've replied to that post user

You might be a sociopath user. Either that or she beat you.

dude...

Im glad that ill never have to deal with the loss of my mother in such an emotional way because my mother is just an all round shit person and no one in my family likes her. Shes just a greedy manipulative cunt. When she croaks I dont think ill feel much

My mom died when i was twelve. You never really get over it. I still think of her a lot from time to time. Really fucked me since it happened at a young age and she was the only parent i had. It helps if you talk to someone close about her.

OP, I didn't kek. I t was hard... but I didn't kek.

Gonna add, I began smoking, doing pills and hard drugs for a while, got clean, and then became an alcoholic. Got sober this summer after drinking 60 drinks a week for over a year.

My mom is a schizo-bipolar woman who is/was emotionally abusive. My family tolerates her, because she's sick.

I honestly don't expect to feel much when she passes, because she's estranged from me because of her own repeated decisions.

I tell people I ain't got no parents.

You obviously didn't reply to this post

Yeah. For the past 8 years, it's pretty much been my brother, she, and I.

What?

It gets easier with time. and yes you're right, xmas and thanksgiving and her funeral are going to be horrible but a few years from now you'll be in a completely different frame of mind.

My condolences dude. My mother died when I was 13, after battling ALS for 5 years.

It's hard, not gonna lie. But it does get better. The loss is always there. But everyone mourns their own way. I escaped a lot through video-games and partying.

My number one tip though: Talk. Talk about it with your family, talk about it with your friends. It helps a lot, it no longer becomes this big thing looming over you, and lets you process the whole thing through talking.

Hang in there, and honor her memory. Do things she wanted to do, live a good life. That's what she'd want you to do.

Best way i've heard it described is all the love you had for her couldnt go anywhere else so it turned to grief. Its been 12 years since she passed and all that grief/love is still there.

I lost both my parents when I was 10 to a drunk driver. Immediately after, my bro and sis and extended family tried to fill up my time with lots of fun stuff like laser tag, go kart racing, movies, etc. just to try and keep me occupied and my mind off of things. It helped, but there were often times where I'd still find myself crying randomly when I walked by certain items around the house.

The short answer was lots of therapy and talking, and ultimately time. After about 7 or 8 years, I started talking openly to schools in my city about my experience with it, and that actually seemed to help as well.

20+ years later and now I make dead parent/orphan jokes (although relatively mild ones) around my close friends.

Sad thing is, I did yesterday morning.

Should have replied to that post.

I did.

Did you try an immunity cat?

Thanks bro

Mom died a year and a half ago. Its tough the first month or so. sleepless nights for the first couple weeks. Talking to family helps. Hopefully your family aren't asshats trying to fuck things up. Keep busy, read, play games, take long walks. Dont keep it bottled up, but dont be afraid to remember her.

Yep. And a rare Pepe. You're none safe.

My family helps a ton. I can go into her room without crying, but going through her clothes hurt. Her closet smells just like her and it really sucks.

My father died when I was 15 from a heart attack. The best thing I can tell you is to not fight it, but come to terms with it. Arguing with what has happened, or some futile attempt at bargaining, won't get you anywhere. The sooner you come to terms with what has happened, is the sooner you can begin to fully understand and comprehend the situation and move forward.

Life isn't going to wait for you, so not sleeping or focusing is not going to help you in anyway. The greatest disservice you could do to your mom, or even yourself, is to have let her die in vain. How can you prevent this? By learning from her mistakes and improving your life.

She died from a heart attack? Start going to the gym and eat healthy.

Died from a drunk driver? Start drinking more responsibly, and prevent others from drinking irresponsibly.

What I'm saying is that you need to find some value in her death, in terms of you improving your life. If you can't find someway to learn from her death/mistakes and incorporate that knowledge into your life, then she did die in vain. Don't let that happen.

>Fucking. THIS.

The dubs don't lie, user. You will never get over it, you just...adapt, I guess. I love music, but i couldn't even listen to music after she passed. What helped me were podcast ( Spill.com at the time, now they're called Double Toasted ) You'll eventually find something that will help you cope. But you will have random ''ghost mom'' moments for the rest of your life. Brace yourself...and there's nothing wrong with a nice cry every once in a while. They can be refreshing

Before she died, I wasn't really sure about a God or religion. But when she died. Something went through me and it freaked me out. My uncle's watched was stopped on her TOD until he gave the watch to my grandpa.

She died from cancer, so not much to learn. I accepted she was dying a week sgo.

You know what OP? Don't run away, don't distract yourself. Fuck all of these other anons being pussies & shit. I understand you're really sad now, stop that. She wouldn't want to see you like this. Accept that she may no longer be around, but what's stopping you from still making her proud? Stay in school. Get a bomb ass degree that makes a fuck-ton of money. Find someone that will want to build an empire with you. Conquere this shit. It's what she would have wanted. Get some rest, tomorrow is still waiting for you. Make her proud.

Thanks user.

Please bump. I need advice.

>She died from cancer, so not much to learn.
>I accepted she was dying a week sgo.

You're not trying user. This is the kind of negative thinking that will destroy your life and spirit. I've seen people talk how they never truly get over it, which is false. You're not trying to get over anything, it isn't a breakup. You simply need to understand what happened and why, learn that death is a part of life, and move forward. Don't dwell on it, but you don't forget it either. Having a negative outlook will only ruin things.

There is much to learn from this. Understand that life is fleeting. It will not last forever. Death is inevitable, which is something to take solace in. Enjoy your life user. Realize that every single moment is precious and that life can be taken away from you in the blink of an eye. Go out and enjoy the wonderful chance at life you have been given. Your greatest regret will not be the things you did, but the things you did not do.

What were some mistakes your mother made? They don't have to be directly related to her death. Become the better version of her. Show yourself that her attempts at teaching you right, were not futile. Become a good person. Excel in every way that she could not.

That's what you get for not replying to the post

OP here. Should I seek counseling or something? I feel like shit. When I heard she died, I vomited. Never done that before.

Hey user, remember to stay calm and dwell on all the good times you had with your mom. My mom died almost 2 years ago after a hell of a battle with cancer. I took care of her the whole time, gave up school, job, etc. I miss her all the time, but I'm done crying and feeling sad because she was a great woman. So again, remember everything great about her and one day you'll think about her and smile instead of starting to cry. Stay strong, OP. Pic related, I had recently moved out with my fiance before my mom got sick and my mom had gotten me a rottweiler as a moving out present (Have always grown up with rotties.)

The only mistakes she made I can think of were marrying the wrong asshole.

I had to carry her around because she couldnt walk. I don't think I have any regrets.

Fuck. Thinking about her again is making me nauseous.

Are you me?

Yes please do you you sound like a normal person in a horriblwhile situation, lots of love dude. lost my mom when I was 16, I met my fiancée at a counseling session she had lost her father to ALS at 12.

OP back. Got sick again thinking of the shitty situation I'm in.

Lost my mom 15 years ago and I'll still cry about her from time to time.

If I could make a suggestion it'd be to opt into a few therapy sessions once it really sinks in. Also if her clothes still smell like her put a couple in an airtight container for a few years down the line.

My family was poor so there was no recordings of my mother and its a bummer to not remember her voice or the way she smelled.

So sorry for your loss, my condolences.

I can dump a pic if requested. Maybe I'll feel better.

smoke some weed and take up a new hobby, sorry bout your mom dude.

Go to her room and smell her underwear

Then don't marry a piece of shit. Marry a good person. Strive to become the good person. Strive to become the person your mother would consider to be her hero.

Let the vomit come. Putting it away is only going to make it worse and last longer. Let it all come over you, don't fight it. I don't say that in the stupid fucking hippie way either. Running from the issue is only going to make things much worse. She is dead, and there is no reversing that back. Understand this, and let your emotions fully experience it, otherwise you will be carrying an unnecessary for the rest of your life, then you truly have disappointed her.

I'm sorry user. I lost my mom about a year ago. Some days are easier than others, most days suck.

I think a good analogy is being in the middle of the ocean. When someone you love passes, you're in the middle of the ocean during a storm. You can't breathe. You can't take a break. You get pushed one side to the other, and you feel incredibly tired.

Eventually, that storm will calm down, but the waves, the aftershock will still affect you. You'll see your moms favorite sweater, and the wave of sadness comes and overwhelms you. At first, the waves come fairly quickly in between.

After a long time...depending on you as a person...the waves become smaller and the time between them longer. Now, when you see a picture of your mom, you feel a sense of grief, sadness, longing. But you're better equipped to deal with it now. The wave isn't as large. It's still there, but it's not as hard. Other times, you can still cry.

My advice to you is to seek therapy. Talk to someone who is really close to you, and who you could trust. It's not easy user, and there is no shame in asking for help.

I truly wish you the best. I am sorry user, my mom passed away from Cancer in 3 months after she was diagnosed. I feel like I didn't even get to say goodbye.

Fuck off sick fuck.
We got the news her treatment wasn't working a week ago. I made sure to end every conversation with I love you. We experienced some weird supernatural shit the second she died, its subsided now. I explained above somewhere.

Yeah. I'm having a good cry right now. She meant a ton to me.

Hey user i lost my mom to ALS about a year and a half ago. My mom was diagnosed about 4 years ago, it helped me knowing that she was not in pain anymore. Almost like when you have to put your family dog down. This might sound fucked up but it has really helped me accept what has happened. Talk to your family if you have a good relationship with them, They are most likely feeling the same way you are. Good luck user your in my thoughts

If you guys could keep giving me advice, it'd help.

I kinda got a sense of relief in a way.

My mother had cancer, OP

It originated in her uterus and got into her lymphnodes. Almost got into her blood in general but she got lucky.

When i first found out about the situation, i was gone at uni and couldnt see her. Those first days i couldnt help but drift to a dark corner of my mind where i would imagine life without her. It ate me up like no other kind of pain could.

My grandmother would die only months later when my mom went into remission. Funny enough that she died because of blood complications. It was a smashing hit to my heart that day and the feeling hasnt totally left me.

Its going to be okay, OP. Your mother didnt raise you jusy so you could kill yourself like a faggot. Live for her. Thats what she would want.

My mother died four years ago, when I was 15. Cancer, she'd been fighting for about four years too. I really wish I could help you OP. It's awful, and I still miss her like crazy. Just make sure you remember her. It's almost more painful to realize that you've forgotten many of your memories with a person than it was to lose them the first time.

For me, it wasn't all that sad. I didn't even cry until three years later. She'd been wasting away for the year leading up to it and we all knew it was coming. If nothing else she wasn't in pain anymore.

Yeah. I am at community college, mainly so I could take care of her ironically. But I'm not gonna kill myself. Seems like you have to be a bitch to do that. I've been through too much to end it now.

My mother's cancer went the same way, uterus to lymph nodes.
I'm this guy, btw.

This. I feel this but I'm experiencing the pain now. My mind keep saying remembering myself young and my mom carrying me around, and singing lullabies and shit and it fucking hurts.

Even the prince of all Saiyans cries

And I thought losing my grandpa was hard. Fuck.

Fuck, feeling sick again.

I can't fucking sleep. I want to vomit. Fuck this hurts.

Really sucks dude. I don't have experience, but I guess my only advice would be do something that keeps your mind occupied. If you've got friends rely on them for support, go out and get spastic drunk, etc. Best of luck and I hope you get through it.

Thanks user. Not old enough to buy.

youtu.be/Ildtq20FK7I

Just don't be a little bitch. Life goes on, unfortunately. Deal with it.

bury her corpse in the backyard and get over it

HOw about I bury her in your backyard?

My Mother passed away in cancer when i was 27. (3 years ago) and it still hurts. You will learn how to cope and to move on. But it is a hard upphill battle.

I personally started working shortly after and that saved me. Not having to sit at home thinking about it really helped.

Thanks to all the non-trolls that have given advice. It helps, Ihad a good cry, threw up a little bit but I think I feel better. Gonna try and get some sleep now. OP out.
>Pic related; my mom

check'd

check'd again

Sorry for your loss user. I know the feeling all too well. I lost my mom in 2010 and was devastated. I felt mad at the world because it was still revolving and going on with life when this person who meant so much to me is now gone. But it does get better, that I promise you. It'll always hurt a little when you think of her, but I guess that's just life's way of telling you how much you loved her.

I feel less mad and more strange but to the same effect. The world doesn't care, and I see that all the time now.

I just want her to come home.

We all do user.

>
Yeah I get that. What helped me was talking with other people, whether they were family or friends. You're doing exactly that here and I'm glad some of us were here for you. I hope you find solace in the fact that there are people around the world who now know about your wonderful mom and how important and loved she was. I am sure that in whatever afterlife there is, all of our loved ones are together and happy.

Sorry, user. A buddy of mine lost both of his parents before he was even 18. Dude grew up strong and always did what he could to make sure they were proud. I'm sure you will too.

Did you not reply to the posts?

Absolute madman

Even if you surround yourself with people, you will always feel alone without her..

Listen OP, those that say shit will get better are wrong. It sucks forever, I still deck people who want to be dicks about it provoked or not.

My life turned to literal shit after my mother died, my sister turned into a meth addict to deal with it, my father turned to alcohol and started abusing me. The woman my father hooked up with tipped my mothers ashes out and sold her most cherished items that I still had.

Life royally fucked me continually after it happened and it never "got easier", I still think about her. Tell you one thing, I got fucking harder though, learned to fight people, busted my FUCKING ASS and have finally got a degree and landed a nice job + girlfriend. It's 10 years on, every minute has sucked, I've ditched my entire family and have restarted my life. I'm the person some people on Sup Forums bitch they wish they could stop being depressed and be. I simply learned that I never stopped being sad, I just built a life shouldering it along the way.

Good luck OP, don't stop for a second. Keep busy and be someone she'd be proud of.

Awww, that's adorable.

>I still deck people who want to be dicks about it provoked or not

Kek what a faggot

this is what happens when you don't reply to that post.

Not saying I go around trying to act hard, but I'm the asshole that goes 0-100 at a party and ruins it for everyone if I get #triggered.

I've had to get harder over the years. She had cancer for 4 years. I've never vomited from grief or stress before now.