Explain this to me at a 5th grade level

Explain this to me at a 5th grade level.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/233OwqrLvgE?t=1m41s
youtube.com/watch?v=DXfigGZWY8E
youtu.be/bxiVxWmBRbM
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-03/mayoi-neko-overrun-listen-to-me-girls-i-am-your-father-novelist-tomohiro-matsu-passes-away-at-43/.101728
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's a cartoon about giant robots, it's already aimed at a 5th grader mindset.

It's an anime, it's already aimed at a 5th grader mindset.

Y-you too...

The series is a basic coming of age story. The TV ending is Shinji accepting maturity, EoE is everyone's rejection of maturation. All the philosophy shit is just there to distract the plebs.

ACCEPT JESUS

It's a Chinese cartoon. By not watching it, you are guaranteed to never become autistic or socially inept. You will get laid and you'll never smell bad.

A garbage clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in waifu faggotry and NEUROSIS. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The broken, angsty characters all trying their hardest to hide from their mental issues, the SYMBOLISM, peculiar, complex machinery, the whole Freudian faggotry and everything about the Evangelion world fuels their fantasies of being a patrician, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on guilt tripping, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underage retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

tl;dr; If you're impressed by YA novels(Hunger Games, Divergent, Horns, etc), garbage like Donnie Darko or just smile(the trip not movie) then you'll probably love something from it.

>socially awkward kid scared of dad and women in a cuhrayz futuristic world with bio robots that kill aliens trying to purge the world of humanity
>kid has to step up and stop being pussy to save his friends and stand up to his dad
>gets guilt tripped into piloting giant bio robot that's really his moms corpse mixed with aliens because a cute gril is hurt
>gets gud at killing aliens but is constantly butthurt about teenage shit and his hot female guardian not letting him put the tip in
>dad starts armageddon because his dads a badass rebel that wants to end the world and kill everyone for some reason that's never really explained
>grils he likes all die, turns out one of them was an alien all along
>he can save the world or end it, but in the end he can't make a choice because he's a faget and still sad about his grils and friends dying
>ends with the world in a stupid way as a result so he's the only person alive with one of the grils corpse on an island surrounded by water thats really people

evangelion in a nutshell:

super secret illuminati society funds a top secret organization designed to battle alien god beings that want to reset life on earth by reuniting with their progenitor and remaking the world over in their own image

the society is actually planning to return humanity to a primordial state where everyone was one and there was no suffering between people

the project gets hijacked by a guy who wants to have control over the process himself so he can reunite with his dead wife because he's a miserable wounded human being

eventually it happens and his son, who is really depressed and wants to die by the time of the movie, rejects divine unity because it feels weird and so he realizes nothing can save him but himself. he breaks down and cries at the end because he's completely fucking broken and not even the experiene of what is supposed to be paradise snapped him out of it

Good until the very ending. You make it sound sad, but its actually very uplifting. Hence the congratulations scene. Shinji accepted that he would rather be himself, an individual with flaws and suffering, then be in a collective consciousness. He fully embraced who he was, which all things considered is something worth congratulating.

Asuka went through the same thing, which is why they are the last 2 in EoE. Its a happy ending in a way.

>the congratulations scene.
OP asked about EoE, not the tv ending.

its all very complicated and mostly unimportant the main theme of the series is the connections between people: mother son father friend lover colleague comrade. the series is mostly about relationships and what happens when you shut people out to avoid getting hurt. there is a lot of biblical imagery and references to science fiction. but the core of the story is about learning to love yourself and others.

GET IN THE ROBOT SHINJI

they happen at the same time

kid masturbates on crippled girl; world explodes
DEEP

life will continue even if you mess everything up

feelings are important. also dont masturbate to dead people

It's not a cartoon, and the fact that it involves giant robots doesn't mean anything.

Most anime isn't made for children.

>Most anime isn't made for children

You don't watch most anime

Please do not reply to the autist that replies to everyone.

Things falls apart

Most anime today is late night anime. Historically, a lot of anime was not for children (or if it was, it's not discernible from just watching them).

If you are so triggered my posts then stop starting shit.

Hope this explains it for you.

youtu.be/233OwqrLvgE?t=1m41s

>eva was 2deep4him

The Porcupine's Dilemma.

Interacting with people hurts, but it's still a good thing worth doing.

I'll explain it so a hip kid like you can understand, you feel me? So this gangsta named Shinji right, he's crusin' around in his dope ass robot when suddenly his pops is like "Yo, I'm gon' take this fine ass girl I cloned from yo momma and the genetic material of a race of ancestral beings who populated the world and throw a sick ass party and literally everyone in the world is invited whether they wanna jam or not, you down with that?" And our boy Shinji and his bitch Asuka are like "No we are not down with that" and hop inside their robots to kick some ass. But aw, snap, it was a trap, now Shinji's robot is the catalyst to humanity's destruction and that shit don't fly with him. Slammin' ass naked bitch pops up and turns everyone in the world into delicious ass Florida natural orange juice, you dig? Our boy Shinji trips mad balls for the next like half hour and finds out that he wanna kick it back on Earth, this ethereal non-corporal bullshit really be crampin' his style. He's like "Yo, peace bitch" and heads back to Earth, but he's feelin' whack as hell and starts chokin' on his bitch.

Why didn't Shinji take advantage of the situation? Why didn't he tell his dad to give him a large sum of money to pilot the Eva, like make a deal with him
>ill pilot this robot alright, on one condition, you give me money and other luxury items

>robots

Party at Rei's house

its highly overrated anime
they went nowhere with the plot and pulled the ending out of their ass because they ran over budget

like 10 episodes in, you ask yourself, where its going, because its not going anywhere, and they are just doing monster of the week formula with no other semblance of plot or coherent story

i just recently watched through the series for the first time and wondered myself what the fuck is this overpraised piece of shit. i watched so many better animes in the past and for this to be the most praised anime? just sad and pathetic, they rally behind it, because its gimmicky. they try to act like its 2deep4u because of mature themes but nothing about is handled maturely , its just whining teenagers venting angst. other animes have done it better, and had better plots while doing so.

i would recommend .hack//sign over that
the TWEEST actually adds depth and meaning, the ending isn't something they pull out of their ass, the characters are developed better and handled better. the plot is better. and they followed through with the plot development more coherently

even FMA is better than it

Because he has absolutely no reason to trust his dad. He only wants to please him because he's never known his father's gratitude or warmth, he even tells himself later in the Leliel episode that he's just regurgitating and redigesting the fleeting moments that his dad actually appreciates him. The kind of thing that any normal dad should do without having to put your kid through physical danger and psychological torment.

love it

He's a 14 year old boy with several issues like deppresion, anxiety, abandonment and overall lack of self esteem.

The only thing he wanted was to be praised, specially by his dad, but Gendo is a manipultive cunt.

What does she smell like?

You're factoring too much of your personal grudge with the elitist fanbase into your review of the show.

Also .hack//sign dropped the ball in the latter half and beyond the interesting premise it's very much just a thinly veiled commercial for the ps2 game.

Keep in mind, Evangelion came out in 1995 and probably inspired all the later anime that you think did it better.

LCL fluid, aka Tang.

>It's not a cartoon
found the pretentious anime faggot. a cartoon is a cartoon, no matter where it comes from. animes are cartoon. fucking idiot

To retain your ego is to accept both the love and pain that comes with connecting to others, to lose your ego and have no borders between your self and others is to reject real connections with people thus losing both the love and the pain that comes thereof.

This is a criticism against many immature subcultures, particularly the ones in Japan, who retreat from society out of fear of rejection and escape to mindless pleasure, be it mindless action mecha \ moe SoL anime, video games of the same type of escapist vein, drugs, alcohol, fast food, etc.

>found the pretentious anime faggot

Where do you think we are?

>Rei is a pill popper

what doe Gendo give her

Uppers or downers?

What's up with those pills anyway, why would Gendo want rei to be a Pill Popper

If you see glaring errors or unfinished stuff in anime, it's not because they ran out of money, it's because they ran out of time for whatever reason.

Cartoons and anime are different subsets of animation. I've noticed people usually get really upset when they're told this.

Probably stuff to help her with her alibino/clone body

it's fucking adderall

Reminder that Neon Genesis Evangelion is just an autistic worse version of Mobile Suit Gundam and Space Runaway Ideon. Anyone who says it is a "deconstruction" has only seen less than 10 other animes, all of which were made after 2000. Everything that Evangelion is known for was done better 15 years earlier by the master Tomino. The only reason Eva became popular is because it pandered more to pervert pedophiles (most anime fans, especially Sup Forums.) Evangelion is the go-to anime for newfag plebs. They say it has "deep" characters but they really only like it because the 14 year olds show a lot of skin. A big difference between Gundam and Eva is that 0079 has one of the best endings in anime history and Evangelion has not one, but two of the worst.

Pandering has never been proven to exist in anime, and the whole idea is a misconception.

Anime doesn't have anything to do with pedophilia, and anime is by far less perverted than Western media.

So you're saying I should watch MSG instead?

But there's so many of them, I don't know which one to watch. Like that Gundam wing one or the one with the kid with the pony tail.

>show a lot of skin
>plugsuits cover entire bodies
room for improvement

xanax and lots of em

in the home life sections they show alot of skin

>i cant handle criticism so i need to invent a victim complex
>personal grudge with elitist fanbase!
no, its quite literally a point of fact it is an overrated anime
and its also a point of fact, that is well documented and commented by every person who worked on the anime, that they literally did go overbudget and had to pull the ending out of their ass.

>it came out in 1995! thats my excuse for it being complete shit and overrated!

what did he mean by this?

Most anime is aimed at manchildren

almost exclusively asuka, but then a major facet of her character is that she's a massive attention whore anyway

Digibro says otherwise, and I'm more inclined to take his word over some user's since he's obsessed with Evangelion and Anno and is pretty knowledgeable about anime in general.

youtube.com/watch?v=DXfigGZWY8E

This is the standard meme people deploy when they can't argue it's made for children but still don't want to admit it's made for adults.

no, its quite literally they ran out of money, they had no budget, they wasted it all on their power ranger's monster of the week formula. its well documented and every person in part of production of the anime has commented to that effect in interviews.

for an anime, to have such a shitty and terrible ending, nothing it has done or attempted to do is worth mentioning. they failed, and anyone that sits there trying to defend "congratulations" is a fucking pleb who is delusional as fuck

>because its not going anywhere, and they are just doing monster of the week formula with no other semblance of plot or coherent story

Literally brain dead.

Is

Gunbuster better than Evangelion? A friend of mine told me the communist girl in that show is the predecessor for Asuka in Eva.

>random retard on youtube vs quotes and interviews from actual production members of staff from company that made the anime

okay, you're delusional and i can't help you

>Gunbuster better than Evangelion?

No, only a contrarian would say some stupid shit like that.

This is a joke right? I watch anime but I know that 90% of it is aimed at horny slightly pedophilic manchildren who want "comfy" escapism.

Yes, the vast majority of all media forms are crap, but anime's particular flaw is that most of it is aimed at manchildren, while other media forms just aim for the lowest common denominator. Both just want the leech the most money out of their particular demographic, with a handful of actual works of art once every few years.

>can't argue , might as well greentext!
you mean, the part where all they had was the tweest reveal, and then fucking nothing? because that's literally the entire plot

you are having a lot of trouble articulating yourself right now, so i'm gonna give you another chance to post what you want to say in fucking english

>Wings of Honneamise
Literally the greatest anime film of all time. A truly beautiful and ambitious film, tastefully done and with a good message.

>Gunbuster
>Nadia
>Evangelion
>FLCL
>Gurren Lagann
All bullshit that panders to waifufags with no standards.

What happened to Gainax?

You can't even discern whether something has an overarching narrative when it clearly does. Instrumentality is set up at the very start of episode 2 and is said to be the end goal of SEELE, but they're apprehensive about NERV/Gendo and his intentions. You're an idiot.

beautiful inspiring film, but the rape scene really came out of nowhere

Most of them are shit
>Like that Gundam wing one or the one with the kid with the pony tail.
Those two are shit

See Like I just said, he's obsessed with Evangelion and Anno. He's read interviews and production materials too.

It's also a very common notion that when an anime has problems it's because they ran out of money, but that's not how anime production works. They run out of time.

Anime has nothing to do with pedophilia, and the amount and importance of fanservice in anime is grossly exaggerated (why did Valkyrie Drive sell less than 3000 copies while fanserviceless shows like Girls und Panzer are top sellers?).

"Manchildren" is a meme and "comfy" is just a (very recent) Sup Forums thing.

>Both just want the leech the most money out of their particular demographic
This is a misconception.

Not the Sup Forumsnti-art anime faggot board

world leaders want to start the end of the world i guess just to know there is something more than what we see and hear. they want to live forever in a world without boundaries where memories and sentience bleed together without and you or me but a singular us sort of vibe. that and humanities continued existence on earth is questionable with aliens trying to wipe humans out

so they use the angels a alien species that has waged war on humanity and cloned it top make mechs. they are organic but they are turned into cyborgs so humans can ride in them

they are waiting for the right time for the pilot of unit 1 to be synced enough with his eva (mech) to start the end of the world because that was the whole damn point

when the mass produced unmanned units crucify unit 1 it starts and all consciousness bleeds into 1. everything that is seen as happening after that doesnt happen in reality its the shared consciousness

its how aska knows about shinji jacking his shit to her. there are no secrets when every one is 1 entity. the thing is shinji still has more control being the one that was in unit 1 when it started which is how he ended it... but not before his mind drifted and the collective tried to shame and bribe him into staying

I like the special relativity gimmick

It's a story of how Misato is the best girl

What fucking world are you living in man? Just go take a quick glimpse at Sup Forums and you'll see what most of the anime-watching demographic is comprised of and interested in.

I agree with you that anime as a concept by itself has nothing to do with pedophilia, unfortunately media will forever be influenced by its consumers.

And what's the misconception, exactly? You think series like Dagashi Kashi, Oreimo, Kiznaiver, or whatever crap they're airing this season is made out of passion and artistry? No, it's made to sell, often not even itself but the manga it adapts, figurines, or even a fucking product it advertises.

youtu.be/bxiVxWmBRbM

Go to Sup Forums if you're going to start that "best girl" faggotry.

>general story
the leader of nerv is secretly trying to figure out how to use the giant jesus eva in his basement to create a kind of matrix for all humanity allowing everyone to live in their own personal heaven

the evas are attacking to free jebus

>shinji arc
people are dicks to shinji, but shinji also acts like an asshole, cumming all over asuka while she sleeps like a sex offender and things, he has supepowers due to being an eva pilot and gains influence over the evas, in the end asuka forgives him and this one act of kindness makes him realize he is a massive cunt so he decides to let people choose whether to live in the matrix or the real world

the entire thing is an allegory for Germany (asuka) and Japan's (shinji) failure in ww2

what the hell is up with the blood? is it from the first episode?

>the entire thing is an allegory for Germany (asuka) and Japan's (shinji) failure in ww2
woah... really makes you think...

>normalfag friend finishes EoE
>"I really liked it aside from the sexualization

Modern generation of western males is fucked.

There's no pedophilia on Sup Forums either. Are you confusing Sup Forums with Sup Forums perhaps? And in any case Sup Forums is merely a single community in the English-speaking world. Anime is made by the Japanese for the Japanese and Sup Forums has nothing to do with it.

>And what's the misconception, exactly?
The misconception that in Japan creators and fans are two completely separate groups of people with no common interests.

>You think series like Dagashi Kashi, Oreimo, Kiznaiver, or whatever crap they're airing this season is made out of passion and artistry?
"I don't like it, therefore the artist didn't like it either." Great logic, 10/10.

>No, it's made to sell, often not even itself but the manga it adapts, figurines, or even a fucking product it advertises.
Did you know that making anime involves the labor of hundreds of people who need to be paid? There isn't even anything wrong with selling things.

Westerners have this irrational fear of capitalism and think everything has to be made by one starving artist and released for free.

Yes, let's have more stupid show like GoT that cram Tits&Asses everywhere because I'm a horny 14 year old.

>It features girls
>OMG WAIFUFAGS

And suddenly the people bitching about pretty girls suddenly become a whole bunch more obnoxious than the people who obsess with them. Fucking twat.

Fifth Episode

>I am a sophisticated adult, look at me being sophisticated and mature

yeah the matrix thing involves merging your mind with the plebs, so it is kind of like Japan coming to terms with its abandonment of god emperors and the US imposing democracy on it with the help of nukebombs, also a theme in other animes

Yeah yeah loli isn't pedophilia they're 1000 years old etc etc, I don't even care about pedophilia specifically, but you're a liar if you tell me the community isn't obsessed with fanservice, it's basically pornography whether it's pandering sexually or to other desires.

Secondly, Sup Forums is definitely not entirely American, there are Japanese people there, not to mention 2ch has pretty much the same culture, as do otakus in real life, as did Gaia, MAL, hell Sup Forums is one of the more subdued and "refined" communities out of them which should put things in perspective.
And saying anime is made strictly for the Japanese is a ridiculous generalization and, as with your whole counter-argument, completely irrelevant to the issue I presented.

>The misconception that in Japan creators and fans are two completely separate groups of people with no common interests.
Yeah, exactly, creators want to make money so they pander to the fans' interests. You really blew my argument wide open.

>"I don't like it, therefore the artist didn't like it either." Great logic, 10/10.
So now we're playing delusion and sophistry? Yeah, Dagashi Kashi is a real passionate work of art, with its candy advertisements and sexual fanservice.
It's not art. Art has themes. Art has expression. Art is not an advertisement, though arguably an advertisement might be art.

>Did you know that making anime involves the labor of hundreds of people who need to be paid? There isn't even anything wrong with selling things.
Of course there isn't anything wrong with selling things.
Fast food sells very well, drugs are a booming industry, and pornography has the largest demographic in the world, coincidentally they all have zero integrity, so don't try and defend a medium of art that disgraces itself in order to make money.

And stop fucking putting words in my mouth. Artists should be paid, people who market pornography should not be more successful than passionate artists, but this is not a fair world.

It's an Sup Forums re jec t who f el l for the eva is deep maymay episode.

Why do dipshits complain about how Snyder's symbolism goes nowhere, yet this gets praised as deep? Anno pretty much threw shit he figured would look cool and deep on to the screen. Watch Rah Xephon if you want a more coherent version.

also b2
R e d d i t
e
d
d
i
t

Oh god, sorry. I didn't know it was such a elitist thing to not want everything to be aimed for the lowest common denominator.

Snyder couldnt have done evangelion in a million years m8 because hes a hack

It's not because of le epic 1000 years old meme strawman, it's because they don't look like real people, don't act like real people and don't exist in a world like ours.

>you're a liar if you tell me the community isn't obsessed with fanservice
Sup Forums's obsessions don't change the fact that you are exaggerating the amount and importance of fanservice in anime.

>it's basically pornography whether it's pandering sexually or to other desires.
It's not pornography or pandering.

>And saying anime is made strictly for the Japanese is a ridiculous generalization
It is a generalization but not a ridiculous one since nearly all anime is made for the domestic market.

>completely irrelevant to the issue I presented
You're trying to make it seem like anime revolves around Sup Forums.

>Yeah, exactly, creators want to make money so they pander to the fans' interests.
No, that's not how it works. Creators and fans are the same people in Japan, e.g. someone starts off drawing fan art and doujinshi and then eventually becomes a published manga author or illustrator.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-05-03/mayoi-neko-overrun-listen-to-me-girls-i-am-your-father-novelist-tomohiro-matsu-passes-away-at-43/.101728
>The official Twitter account of the Comic Market (Comiket) event also mourned Matsu's death, and shared details on the author's work as part of the event's Comic Market Preparatory Committee staff, which he joined when he was still a student. He remained a member even after his professional debut. He appeared in talk events at Comiket Special 5, Comiket Special 6, and last August's 88th Comiket, and also wrote for Comiket's 40th anniversary book.

>Yeah, Dagashi Kashi is a real passionate work of art, with its candy advertisements and sexual fanservice.
You can't argue the author was being insincere on the basis that you don't like what he did.

>It's not art. Art has themes. Art has expression.
You know very well that's not what we're talking about, so don't try to move the goalposts.

>Fast food sells very well, drugs are a booming industry, and pornography has the largest demographic in the world, coincidentally they all have zero integrity
Yeah this is exactly what I meant by an irrational fear of capitalism. You're comparing anime and manga etc. to drugs. You're being hysterical.

There is no reason whatsoever why there's anything wrong with selling manga, anime, light novels, games and figures. It's also necessary to sell them because--surprise surprise--they cost money to make.

shinji literally trips onto naked rei

A boy rejects collectivism.

>le eva is gud maymay

people only remember it, because of the waifus and because it was their 1st WTF Happened!! show.

The relisgious symbolism and references went nowhere because Anno is a hack had clue what he was referencing. Where as Snyder's symbolism is used to drive a narrative.

No kidding, illustrators are hired for showing talent in their works? Damn, really makes you think. That totally means that there's no one running a business, limiting the artist's vision in order to keep selling.

You don't even have an argument against mine. You keep saying I don't want anime and manga to sell, even though I've not once said that. I don't want anime and manga to be MADE to sell instead of expressing a vision, which you fervently deny ever happens on the basis of removing all human cognition, so far as to think even worthless fan pandering mass produced shit like Dagashi Kashi might have been made with any intention but to sell copies at all.

Keep acting blind all you want. Hell, you might even say next that Luluco is as much a work of art as Mushishi. Fuck it, do whatever you want, obviously I won't be able to take you out of your deluded mindset.

you got me there, but that wasn't sexy so much as really awkward and uncomfortable for everyone involved.

But Snyder is terrible for driving a narrative. There's a lot of dull shit in BvS that adds nothing to the plot and messes up with the structure of the movie. Snyder has the mind of an edgy 14 year old and knows nothing about building up a plot.

The religious references were chosen because Japan isn't as familiar with christianity and it gave the show an exotic look.

The only people who seriously read the bible and try to make actual deep meanings using references to religious symbols are christfags, and most of that shit is straight-to-dvd for a reason.