Can any ausfags answer this question. Does your ATAR score really matter?

Can any ausfags answer this question. Does your ATAR score really matter?

>also general ausfag thread

Other urls found in this thread:

australianuniversities.com.au/rankings/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No

Well that's helpful. Thanks for the insight and have a great day.

Cunt.

>ATAR
>Most likely

Ha! I've been marking VCE exams all evening!!

Most of the time you can get in to a course even if your atar is below it, or instead just do bridging courses to get there. I needed an 85 and still got in with a 66

How the fuck did you come to that conclusion? Most people who complete year 12 are over 18.

Depends if you want to go to Uni. If you do and get a poor one, there are ways around it. Such as bridging courses.

What exactly are bridging courses?

what course did you do?

make up courses for uni requirements like maths and shit, they're taught separately from school sometimes by the uni offering the course

Atar doesn't mean shit. If you get a crap score just do a take course earn some money and apply to uni at 25 when your atar doesn't matter anymore

Mechatronics engineering

No, i spent all of highschool smoking weed and doing acid, winged all my finals and now im doing what i want at university and am happy with life.

Teachers literally don't tell you any of this shit. WTF.

There lower courses so cert 3, 4 an diplomas.
I failed year 12 because it was a waste of time so i watched anime like the cuck i am and now I'm doing my bachelor degree so fk school and go fk bitches boi

I am doing that too, only needed 60 to gen in.

What are you doing? What was your ATAR if you don't mind me asking?

ATAR matters relatively little.

Its a big fucking help if you do get a good one.
But you can still get into most things by working towards it.

But if you can't manage a good atar (including through laziness) with retard tier highschool stuff, you probably won't do well or enjoy the courses a high atar will open for you.

Take it from me. Uni doesn't suddenly turn make education meaningful or interesting. If you half ass highschool, you will half ass uni.

user you are going to get raped if you don't get above 95 barely made it into electrical Eng and I'm already dropped out.

My ATAR was 67 and now im doing chemical and pharmaceutical engineering.

Yeah I the atar changes every year though so take it with a grain of salt, but it depends on the uni too

I've had pretty good SAC marks all year. Between 75% and 100% all year. I've performed pretty poorly on my exams so far. What can I expect? I originally planned on doing a Bachelor of Arts at Melbourne Uni but now my expectations are more alongside Deakin or Swinburne.

Don't worry about exams, just do your best. It will work itself out. That's my mentality

>arts
Kys fag

> Melbourne Uni
Eewww<

Trust me user, anywhere but there!

Why?

At least you have choices, there is only like 1 uni in Tassie

I'm beginning to find the whole "it will work itself out" thing doesn't really happen.

Failed 3 of my 4 classes this semester and have 0 interest in my course anymore.

That's because your total population could fit in the MCG

>ATAR
Finished mine so long ago it was called UAI

No you aren't you fucking liar. I guarantee you're sitting at home with your parents bludging off them claiming centerlink.

checked,
it might be true, I had a guy in my class who was a stoner, but he studied really hard and got 99 ATAR

> worked there for >10 years. Place is going to shit.
They tell you #1 in research, but you won't do any of that until postgrad (and you can transfer there later). You might not even bother with postgrad.

They are trading on their name alone, and rank lowest out of all other Unis (even the shit ones you've never heard of) in terms of 'student experience'.

These 'student experience' rankings even include things like 'quality of education', etc from a students point of view.

Damn really? If it sucks so badly why is it so hard to get into?

is it true they put a fuckload of stress on their students for no reason? I had a mate who came from melbourne to swin saying that it was retarded like that

They're cucks that's why

Mate, you must be retarded. I guess it goes to show that an ATAR is not an indicator of smartness

They instituted the 'Melbourne Model' a few years back.. Basically a 4-year undergraduate degree you can get at any other institute in 3 years.
> they are farming students for cash

They also moved some HELP places from undergrad to postgrad 'to make if easier / cheaper for postgrad students'
> more paid places for undergrad students

They have moved to be more 'corporate' and target international students to rake in the cash. Doing so means less places / more competition for limited numbers of students in courses.
> all out to make money, education and 'student experience' be-damned

Courses in building a bridge so you can seige the university. If you are able to penetrate the Uni walls and make it inside, they will accept you regardless of ATAR.

Depending on the course, lecturer, etc...
> Yes

They stopped caring about student years ago and now prefer to churn them. If you can't keep up, we'll get a full-fee-paying student who will.

Again, course related, but in most instances, as above.

kek
after trebuchet training

ATAR scores do help with acceptance into uni initially, but theres ways around it.
I ended up with 70 ATAR, early acceptance into a teaching degree, changed to law within the first week.

As long as you get accepted into something, you can swap and change whatever the fuck you want to do.

fucking LOLLLL

> UAI
Old fags unite!

You laugh, but the Uni Executive at Melbourne are basically held-up in a bunker. You can't get near then, even as a staff member without prior authorisation given to security.

No shit, the building they occupy comes complete with blast-doors.

> they know they're not loved by staff and students alike

I didn't finish school, but instead found a job I reasonably like and have stuck with it (after a few attempts with jobs I didn't like).

Considering I'm driving a 2016 Hilux SR5 at 21 without any degrees or a job in the mining industry I'd say ATAR's are definitely a bonus but are not essential in the slightest.

Samefag here, I just wanna point out that ATAR will come in very handy if you want to follow a specific pathway through uni, and not just 'a job' like me.

> Hilux
So what, you're a tradie?

Mining is a good industry to be in. My outdoor ed teacher in college had been in it, he took the whole class of 35 out on his yacht, he was rolling in it.

I'm pretty much a yardhand, but I'm driving excavators, skidsteers, graders, rigid trucks through to the occasional road train, and gotta have basic mechanical, electrical and troubleshooting problems as lots of stock has issues. Also a lot of ugly freight forklifting.

school dropout here, doing my 1st yr apprenticeship as a chef

the work is tough, but im going places. atar is a number

it really doesnt, i dropped out in year 10. im 19 and i have a few certificates from tafe and a diploma in graphic design. im working as a paid intern in a design firm and am very happy.

>RMIT Master Race

Yeah but you're obviously a tradie? Tradies obviously don't need ATARs. I've got plenty of opportunities to do a trade but have no interest. If you want to follow an academic pathway you need an ATAR.

You don't need ATARs for apprenticeships.

RMIT, Deakin, Monash, Swinburne. Sheeiittt, even VUT or LaTrobe, please just stay away from Melbourne.
> you have been warned

Didn't RMIT just rank last for Victoria?

I'm not a tradie. No trade certificates, just a road train licence and some equipment tickets, not all of them required for the job. One of my mates I work with was until recently doing the job with an automatic car licence

What's wrong with VUT or LaTrobe?

I've read through this thread. You sound like an idiot OP. I hope you enjoy digging ditches.

australianuniversities.com.au/rankings/

(Different person) Actually, I think LaTrobe is pretty good for its Science courses from people I've spoken with.

I don't go LT nor do a Sci

Absolutely nothing (when compared to Melbourne).

VUT in Footscray doesn't have water supply to their main fire hydrant booster on campus, hasn't had for years.
> but that's none of my business

Managements stance is 'so, we haven't needed it'. A friend working in Facilities Management their quit over it. MFB is about to Cain VUTs ass over it.

Do you have an opinion on Deakin of Swinburne?

Sounds like a good gig. Good on ya mate

Out of curiosity, how did you get the job?From my own experience, most people in those type of industries usually have to know someone to get in.

I studied at Swinburne (Hawthorn) years ago. Had good experiences there.

I know a few people who studied at Deakin (as well as other that work there) and have heard nothing but good things.

Given I'm a bit out-of-touch with Swinburne, I'd lean more towards Deakin myself - unless any other annons can contribute...?

4053fag reporting

Do any of you guys have uncensored video of jarred haynes from today

Swinburnes great I've been there for 4 years now, is pretty good, always met nice people

Any queenslanders here who /OP/. Steve mccain amirite

Whats your predicted op's brothers, mines a 6 how did i do?
What uni course should i take