Ask a WOTC employee anything. Yes i have advanced knowledge of mtg product...

Ask a WOTC employee anything. Yes i have advanced knowledge of mtg product. No this place is not as fun to work at as you would think. Bad day literally dont care if i get canned for telling secrets. Pic very loosely related.

What colors are the new Tezzeret?

What are some good reprints coming soon. Damnation, liliana otv etc?

Grixis

Do you guys actually still make money? Have profits been dropping over the years? How much longer do you think you'll be around?

most big reprints are going to be done in the form of masterpiece series now. Research showed supplemental product buyers prefer new cards.

Despite asshat management profits continue to rise. We will stay profitable and be around at least long enough for your kids to play.

What are the next from the vaults? Anything of note in them?

From the Vault: Dominaria is next in line, to go along with the upcoming standard set.

Does StarCityGames really get insider info on prices of singles?

Any clues to whats in ftv: dominaria?

We dont interact with secondary market sites except for tournament organizing.

Not much yet except that its major figures/moments/artifacts from dominarian history. Jaya ballard legendary is a good bet since she's returning as a standars legal walker

Is Wotc actively looking for a way to get around reserve list or make fuctional reprints of duals? Or is legacy really dying?

Do they still have the dragon in terms upstairs lobby at corporate in renton?

Is Linda still working there as a receptionist ?

How about John G.? He still around?

Hasbrouck still fucking things up by making it a corporate no fun zone?

How long have you been working there OP?

If its not too revealing, what do you do for wotc? Thanks for answering questions

Legacy is certainly dying, sell staples while you still can. Once we feel confident there will be minimal be a blowback from players we will ban the entire reserve list and rename the format. This has been discussed for a while now. Fact is things like dual lands just dont make for a good metagame.

What are the new core mechanics for Aether Revolt and Amonkhet going to be?

Is MaRo an absolute faggot or what?

Let me correct 2 of those...

"The upstairs lobby"

And the old receptionist's name was "Pam" not Linda.

Sorry, it's late n' i'm tired

Dragons yes, linda yes, john g yes if its the same john g i know. Dont wanna say how long ive been there. Honestly every day i pray hasbro would come in and fire half of management for some new blood but i know itll never happen.

How are you guys competing against hearthstone? Losing and business?

>former mtg player.

Haha well linda is a receptionist. Freudian slip

Dont really interact with him

We dont actually consider that game as direct competition although we probably should

Any tips for investing?

What is stop thief?

Are you that stone cold girl that works there? She did mtg pro. I always thought she was hot.

Will we ever see more Kamigawa or a Chinese-flavored set? I admit to being a total weeb.

Also, if you could push white weenie that would be awesome.

If this new format springs up (banned reserved list) are we expecting to see a broader ban lost or mostly legacy bans plus reserve list

Cool thanks OP. I was out of the country for awhile n' lost my phone with the numbers of people I kept in contact there thought they would have been gone by now.
Maybe i'll drop by for Christmas n' revive an old tradition for a day sometime.

Dont wanna say

fortifications for AR, not sure on AMK

Bump. I'm curious as well. I just recently got back into standard.

No idea. Such decisions are made by far better players than me.

Whats the next DnD campaign book? Any new player options like races?

Buy reserve list cards, even the shit tier ones. Collectibility beats tournament playability in the long run.

Will we ever see Contraptions?

>Spend my entire childhood playing in local tournaments that involve winning booster packs for top 8.
>Move to another state
>Every shop tournaments involve paying money to win some stupid pin and a star city games alternate art card for top 4 and the pin is top 1.
>This is at every shop, in every town, in this shitty state.
MFW I quit magic.

Kamigawa will be one of a few planes to turn phyrexian over the next few years. Basically it will lose identity and become another phyrexia.

Yea

Any idea when?

Goddamn it. Really? That storyline is so frustrating and done

Have you seen volos guide to monsters? We're pretty proud of it. Trying to do more story-centric stuff like that over lots of rules.

Who is running the DCI now btw?

Theyre gearing up for bolas and other walkers to team up to fight the phyrexians. The plan is for jace to become "compleat"

Do you use your information to play mtg stocks and invest in cards you think will spoke?

Oh shit I forgot about that! Yeah that looks really cool

Supplemental set, either commander decks or next conspiracy set, wherever it fits. I dont know what they do just that developers were excited they found a way it makes sense

Didn't they already do that storyline in the invasion cycle?

We aren't allowed to buy or sell cards online at all. Id get fired if they caught me, and im not saavy enough to pull it off.

How long do you suspect 5e will last for?

Sort of, but this is more of a "planes uniting" concept that will span several blocks.

How about 'giving' cards to friends. Ive always wondered.

Sounds cool, thanks OP. Yellow fever runs high in the American male audience, but it'd be nice to get a male Asian planeswalker.

Several more years. We saw that paizo is still making money off the same pathfinder rules set and adjusted accordingly.

Nah, ill just wait til i leave then sell everything i got

Wtf? They used to have it where you could not sell the product you got as a company perk. But, wtf???? You can't buy cards? Do they still have the company store?

Mostly former pro players

why are you boys making faggot shit

I'm glad. I really like 5e. Did you have anything to do with it? seriously good work if you did

Cant buy online. I can go to my lgs and buy cards

Dont wanna say, but if i did, id be very flattered

So it's a take off of cuck wars doing the episode 4 remix then. Does urza's son kill him with a lightsaber?

Eh that sucks

Whats your favorite card?

Cuz alot of our player base is faggots

That also sucks most of the pro players were asshats

Painters servant.

You can't argue with that

Truth to that

Lol'ed. No urza stuff, he's long gone.

Will there ever be a PC game that's not just a "sitting at a table playing cards" simulator?

Like with actual graphics where you can see the fighting going on.

Whats the worst idea anyones had while you've been there?

We can't even get our event reporter to fucking work. Be glad you have duels they barely got that shit off the ground.

Well that's cool. Urza's character was a dick

Is wizards content with the pptq system? are plans or overhauls?

People keep wanting to do another un set. Seems like bad sales waiting to happen.

There's a legal conversation going regarding employment status of "pro" players and judges. Working that out first.

Are there any plans for a format to replace Modern, or perhaps major changs to the format? And please don't say that it's Frontier.

Lul are they going to start paying judges now? With real cash, not in product?

Alright I'm off to bed op, but serious thanks for this. I really, sincerly hope you don't get in shit for it and sort whatever went wrong with your day. Keep up the awesome work and never stop shitposting

what's the shadiest thing that you've seen going on

Literally no one cares about frontier outside of the stores running it. I heard some relevant folks talking ways to open up control in modern, unbanning recall was step 1 and now unbanning a cantrip or jtms is being considered.

We are already requires to offer that

Most of the shade comes from bad local stores, not us. I feel like the mythic rare is our shadiest maneuver in years

what can you tell us about Commander 2017 OP? Any ideas floating around the workspace?

And on the subject of 5e, any new classes in the works? I'm hoping for an Alchemist but I know it's a long shot.

Nice. It'd be great to play with or against something not Infect.

There's always supplemental campaigns and books in the works, i dont interact with those teams very much

Dont know much about commander 17 yet except that the commanders are dual colored.

Things have changed. Thanks!

how much did lsv get to commentate at the pro tour

Are we ever going to get a pdf of Curse Of Strahd?

Eventually yea

Few more questions then i gotta sleep

Is Nicol Bolas going to be in the next block as a Planeswalker or a Creature card?

Are you Melissa De Tora?

Walker. And a good one too.

No

Can you spoil any of his abilities?

is the reprint damnnation meme reaching r&d? seems dumb it wasn't in ftv wraths

>play mtg
>your kids