youtu.be/3YZ60mQA4Q8
youtu.be/qT0iQRjHbW4
dailymotion.com/video/x2gwnjxreal
dailymotion.com/video/x2gwnjx
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

clip from latest project as promised

Don't ask the context it's confusing as shit

vimeo.com/170990108/c7748321da

Looks like he just pulled a Scanners on the black kid, albeit less explode-y.

bump

pulled a what now?

>vimeo.com/170990108/c7748321da
The fuck m8

Thanks my nigga.

Also I was at a con this weekend and got a really nice looking solid cosplay gun (pic related). I've been wanting to do a hyperviolent action short but never had the means to do so, and now I do.

Though toying around with it I kind of want to see what I can do with using the gun as a melee weapon.

my thought on this as a completely normie viewer is that the music doesn't really fit in with the environment and the guy you're focusing on. so i guess that guy in the shirt killed the person sitting next to him? also i dont know what happened at the end there with the white background but it almost looked like kino

Vimeo is more professional than youtube apparently.

idk it seems pretty shit to me, but it looks good on the resume apparently

Video quality is better of course but I hate how it constantly is asking me to buy shit

You know, Scanners, by David Cronenberg. Killed him with crazy mind powers.

youtu.be/B_Lnz64vXB8

Take a look.

Can you tell me exactly what you thought didn't fit about the music?

context is complicated but basically you're correct about the shirt guy killing the black kid. At the end there is a blood apple- the whole film is a take on the original sin in that the glasses kid is offered essentially infinite power to remake the world but he fucks it up and makes it worse accidentally

I unironically named the main character adam (kill me)

It's more like the glasses kid has gained power to alter the code of reality and killed him by bursting all the blood vessels in his brain

>unironically named the character adam
Kek.

But hey, it looks pretty alright so far. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, that means a lot to me user.

Im about halfway through a short film called Green Horn. Its a Murder mystery. If someone gives me a tutorial on webms i can upload a really rough cut of one scene

just make a youtube account

No problem my man.

Just upload it to Youtube or Vimeo

very nice. My advice- use a homemade blood squib machine for any bullet impacts, looks 100% better than any sort of CGI shit. Can be easily made via online tutorials and home depot.

As for shooting, get a camera rig or steadycam to stay steady, and do mostly medium-closup shots. Far shots tend to look like shit on low budget. Spend a lot of time on sound in editing, it can really make or break an action sequence.

Good luck!

Interestingly enough i have one for some really whacky videos. Nothing to do with my serious work. There is one i never finished but kind of put together for a showreel type deal. Search Aura Short Film by Liam Fitch. Also my dumb channel is LeprosyTV.

waiting to hear back from the Nicholl

Here's a concept poster for the film, Its a screenshot by the way from a scene that I captured not some googled bullshit.

Does anyone film stuff using their smartphone? it allows me to use legos to make a tiny dolly.

Up your font game- a good font really helps to sell it to the audience. Plenty of good free fonts out there.

More closeups, play with focus and DOF more.

Don't move the camera as much as you are unless you're following a character or action.

Cut down the time spent on unimportant scenes- you could cut the entire sequence of him waking up, eating and getting out of the house to 30-60 seconds and it would probably look better.

Outsides dancing shots are very nice- subjects get a bit out of frame and camera is shaky but still very nice.

You have some very nice shots at the end with the plants and the rails- you seem to be best at taking shots when you're not focussing on a person, but the background. So work on those. The text shit was wierd- don't do that.

Basically just keep making films and you'll learn from your mistakes and get better.

Thanks, I was also considering the condom squib technique (fill condom with fake blood, tie at both ends, tape to actor, glue washer and clear fishing line onto condom, cut a hole in the shirt, and rip it off)

It's a cliche at this point but I really want it to be sort of inspired by Hotline Miami, but kinda different. Like, really cinematic, lot of haze and dreaminess. I'm not nearly talented enough to pull that off but I'mma try it anyway.

No, I find theres too little technical control.

vimeo.com/164510352
No audio editing yet, short little dreaming skit i made for fun

No, don't even think about it.

If you're serious, hit me up here [email protected] and I'll help you write a script. I'm not great at it but I know how to format at least.

I am really really aware of all the critisisms you have, but apppreciate the hell out of them none the less! I made that last august and was a complete and udder amateur haha! Green Horn is much much more professional on aspects like Focus, depth of field, blocking, and dialogue. Thats why I dont consider Aura as part of my filmography, it was really really shit and obviously incomplete. I also had just seen Birdman when I filmed it and you can obviously see the result haha amateur shit.
As for the font, it isnt official and hasnt been seen by anyone but me, i've already picked a new custom font from one of those websites with like 10000 fonts, and the new one is great.Once again thanks a ton!

I'm working as a camera assistant/key grip it's a small crew on this indie film. Despite being fucking grueling it's actually pretty fun. It's the first "real" movie I've worked on so hopefully this opens up some doors for me down the road. Best part is I'm fucking useful instead of just being a gofer.

>comic sans
Oh lord WHY

But you have a decent start I guess. Don't know what the massive bowl of...shit, I think? Don't know what that's all about but that streetlamp wide shot was actually surprisingly good.

And don't worry about the sound editing. Toss some good music in and you can pull something off. At worst you end up like this, which was my last short. This isn't even the final version.

youtu.be/K-XIm_r6EQs

Alright I'll send a message. I just wanna get an idea down, to use as a basis.

no prob dude, upload that shit ASAP

Had a few good shots- it was really obvious that you filmed this by yourself with a tripod though. Audio was shit. Whatever the fuck was in the bucket creeped me the fuck out though, good job with that.

Get a friend to film with and keep at it, you will improve.

That was pretty good, though your sound editing was super rough.

Yeah, and it didn't end up getting any better in the final cut, just changed around a song and got rid of the obvious shit like me saying "Go".

Try to think of a song you want to use for the action sequence, and then build an idea around it. I always build my scenes around songs- okay I like this song and want to use it, how can I make a good scene that will work with the song?

I've been thinking on that a lot lately, I really love a good rhythm when it comes to directing.

Some songs I've considered:
youtu.be/_4IS_EKmsko
youtu.be/3YZ60mQA4Q8
youtu.be/qT0iQRjHbW4

How'd you get that job?

sucked a lot of dicks

Some nice shit you got there, you're definitely on the right track with something. Just keep going over it in your head until it's perfect.

Thanks man, I'm trying to formulate something concrete and I've got a couple unused drafts down but they're all kinda shit.

I literally knew a guy who knew a guy. This girl who I went to high school with said her friend was looking for crew members so I asked him, and bada bing bada boom I'm in

Met with a producer a few days ago about this urban thriller short that I'm writing and directing. It'll cost quite a bit since it's going to be a union project and I want a big crew on-board.

He wants me to direct a smaller budgeted short film first before we jump into that one, just so he can get a feel for how it'll end up turning out.

Good luck with that my man, cheers.

Thanks user.

Well, I'm going to bed. Hopefully this is still here in the morning.

Thanks all.

does anybody have a link to that experimental short that gets posted in /fmg/ threads from time to time that shows an axe in the beginning? the same guy had another one called dream that was awesome, it's probably the best stuff i've seen on here. just can't find them atm.

I'm working on part 2 of this
dailymotion.com/video/x2gwnjxreal jazzy

dailymotion.com/video/x2gwnjx

I'm writing some short stories that can easily adapt to screenplays, it's comedy scifi

Anyone know how to get animators? I'd like to have them on youtube so I could say "hey here's moy portfolio" which is better than "hey here's something I wrote"

bunp