How hard is it to learn to play the violin on your own? With like online lessons?

How hard is it to learn to play the violin on your own? With like online lessons?

I've played other instruments before, mostly as a kid, and I have a pretty decent ear for pitch.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2D-y2kJU0lg
youtube.com/watch?v=wT0a-fBVbtI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Violin is one of the most expensive instrument to own and maintain.

If you never played violin before and don't have a teacher for it, I'd say don't even try tbqh famalama dingerdonger

>on your own
It's not going to happen. PERIOD. Get a teacher.

Alright. Can you suggest another instrument?

Every faggot and his mother plays the fucking guitar.

OP, you can, but chances are you'll fuck it up. It will take years. It's entirely possible though.

What the fuck are you talking about?
I taught myself on a terrible violin, and I know people who taught themselves that now play professionally.
Shut the fuck up spreading misinformation, you fucking moron.

harpsichord

If you don't play an instrument at all, then you'll definitely fuck up.

>"Can you suggest another instrument?"
If his comment was all it took to sway you, then you have no fucking chance learning any instrument.

Start with guitar or something because it'll give a general idea on string instruments as whole and is super versatile. No memes

I should have specified that my only requirements were an instrument that I can physically carry with me, that is not a guitar.

I've played instruments before, and I used to sing classical before I lost my voice. I just need some other way to make music.

Can't it be literally anything else?

Well, how do you make music now?
And don't say that you make beats in your bedroom

Why do you reject guitar so hard? If you never touched an instrument before, it's pretty much always either guitar or piano. There's literally nothing wrong with building up fundamentals.

I honestly feel like you just want an accessory, not an instrument.

I get drunk because I can't sing anymore.

I played the clarinet for a long while earlier, though I never enjoyed it as much. I just quit one day and never missed it. I have less want to play the clarinet again as I have to eat a chair.

I've played the piano before and I just fucking hate guitars.

Then go play ukulele. Cheap as fuck, easy as fuck, hipster as fuck.

Suits you real good

So instead of a faggot guitar, a MORE faggot guitar.

How clever.

What about some real instrument?

Good for you.
OP ignore this person. Get a teacher.

Recorder

Real fucking cute.

An ADULT instrument.

You're full of shit you fucking idiot

See, that's the thing. Recorders and ukus are meant to get you ready for real instruments like sax and guitar. You obviously don't have any fundamentals built and never will with that kind of mindset. I can tell that you're the kind of person who will never be able to gather any kind of passion or integrity to learn anything, especially when you care more about how an instrument will make you cooler than actually becoming an artist.

So because I don't want to invest time and money into something I don't want to do, I'm a fundamentally bad person who will never find happiness?

I'm not some completely green idiot who's never touched an instument before and can't read notes.

I HAVE played the piano and clarinet for years and briefly tried others before switching to classical singing, which I actually loved.

I want to make music with a real instrument, not tinker around with some hipster bullshit.

What the fuck are you talking about "real instrument"? You can't be this dense, can you?

And if you're saying guitar isn't a real instrument, then you're too stupid to be playing any instrument

>I get drunk because I can't sing anymore.
You do realize that alcohol is damaging to your vocal chords, right?

>real instrument

Modular Synths.

>An ADULT instrument
The recorder was an adult instrument in the baroque and classical periods. Just because you associate it with school kids, doesn't mean there isn't a lot of very serious and demanding music written for it.

Bach and Telemann both wrote for it quite often:
youtube.com/watch?v=2D-y2kJU0lg
youtube.com/watch?v=wT0a-fBVbtI

Are you by any chance modern looking? If you are, transform into pic related and cash in, because I think you're not really interested in making music, let alone learning to play and sticking to an instrument.

I'm teaching myself violin by watching YouTube videos.

I'm not saying that guitar isn't a real instrument. I'm saying I don't want to play one.

A big fucking blow to the throat will do that too. I can still talk but singing is out of the question for good.

Jesus christ... she can really blow a pipe.