Ask a Bethesda employee anything

Ask a Bethesda employee anything.
I have knowledge about Fallout, but I don't work with Elder Scrolls at all.

Other urls found in this thread:

wmata.com/rail/station_detail.cfm?station_id=17
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is fallout 5 a thing/when

prove it faggot. a pass or card or something with a timestamp that says "hi Sup Forums"

What will the O button on Playstation Gen-? do in Fallout 8?

This. Where will it take place?

Yes. We're planning on some sort of reveal in the second quarter of 2017. I don't know a ton of details, but it's going to take place in New Orleans.

What kind of mathematics does a Bethesda game programmer has to know?
What programming languages and frameworks, libraries and IDEs are a must?
Is x86 assembly programming useful at all at work?

Probably open and close the pip-boy, if I had to guess.

Pip boy forever

do you have knowledge of anything on Elder Scrolls? do you even know if a game is in production or not?

Please don't tell us we have to play as a nigger.

I wouldn't know, I don't work in the programming section. I work more with ideas. And no, I haven't met the President of Bethesda.

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD HIDE AN EASTER EGG ABOUT Sup Forums SOMEWHERE IN THE WORLD AND DONT TELL ANYONE

Thanks for replying. What software do you use in your work then?

I know that Elder Scrolls 6 is currently NOT in development. We're still on the drawing board with that one, Skyrim Remastered took a lot of resources.

Why is the writing and animation shit in every game your company makes?

well fuck. are there any details as of yet you are able to disclose or do you just know that it will happen

Why did the mission to become brotherhood elder get scrapped?

What platforms? Nintendo Switch?

Why did you killl the RPG elements of Fallout 4?

It's still in the early stages of development, so it's mostly talked about in conference rooms. We take notes on a shared server, nothing crazy.

prove it faggot, OP could be a hobo

still waiting on proof of merit.

Bethesda is shit at writing. We're trying to work something out with Obsidian and Telltale to do some writing for us, but it's unlikely.

I see. Any pro tips for a guy that may want to find a job like that in his 30s?
How hard is it to become a programmer at Bethesda?

I don't know any specific details, unfortunately. I work with Fallout, so I don't hear a ton about Elder Scrolls.

Fuck yeah man i live in new orleans. Im sure youre already aware how youre going to have to include voodoo and an easter egg of mary leveau

Please hide an easter egg referencing this thread

To be honest, I don't know. The idea wasn't scrapped until really late in development, but it did indeed exist at one point.

How long does it take to produce one of these games, start to finish?

Not Nintendo. As much as I love Nintendo, they just don't like to work with us to maintain a more "family-friendly" feel. Expect it on XBone, PS4, and PC.

why do you fuckers never support Mac on Steam? its all my fucking parents use and i'm too poorfag to build my own pc

We started development of Fallout 4 right around April of 2013, so honestly... not long. We have huge teams of people who (hopefully) know what they're doing.

Macs just can't handle the sheer awesomeness that is Fallout.

You just need to know how to use our engines, and from there it's surprisingly easy from what I've heard. How do you think we cranked out Fallout 4 in like two years?

Ok, that was my last quation. Thank you :)

What is your favorite game? Not necessarily Fallout or ES.

I've always been fond of the Pokémon Mystery Dungeon series.

any new monsters or factions you can tell us about?

Why did you guys make the settlement system in Fallout 4 so fucking tedious?

How do you feel about the metro?

But isn't Skyrim Special Editon on the Switch?

why is it so fucking hard to snap shit where i want it in FO4

Yes, actually.
There's going to be an all-female faction with a leader named Artemis. Not sure how I feel about that one. Speaking of, they're adding bows and arrows as weapons (they'll work similarly to Skyrim's bows). A new monster based on a cougar is going to be created.

It's under consideration, but it's not confirmed yet.

Have you seen Todd Howard ?

No idea. I wasn't too involved with that, but I helped develop a bit of the Prydwen's design.

I have not, unfortunately. One day, I hope so.

>How do you think we cranked out Fallout 4 in like two years?
No, don't even try that. The problem with the Fallout dev team now is you're either choosing to be lazy and reusing assets, cutting back on bug testing, using really low textures on areas that get a lot of exposure from the player. You're just going down the route over big titles are going down in order to shit out a product in a timely fashion.

if you meet him one day, show him all of the Sup Forums memes about him

what is your salary? how much trouble could you get in for disclosing this information?

awwww, no radioactive swamp-gators? you disappoint me OP

>implying GTA San Andreas wasn't fucking awesome

Plus they will probably not remove the skin color from character creation anyway.

Why are your graphics still shit even though its 2016

It could potentially cost me my job, but I'm not too concerned about getting caught. My salary is approximately 70,000 a year.

What's it like making a game that always fall short of being elder scrolls since you're a fallout guy

so..... close...

I would make more if I worked with Elder Scrolls, but I'm more passionate about Fallout.

>more passionate about fallout
lol why

Why can't you make good games anymore?

Yes, that one : why is fallout 4 so ugly ?
Love every other aspect of the game, though.

Our development team isn't great, unfortunately.

By the way, Fallout 4 wasn't the best because we were trying to ride off of New Vegas' pros without adding much else.

There will be a faction quest in New Orleans that literally entails you standing as a guard for almost an hour with little to no compensation or action.

Fucking typical in nigger country.

How much voodoo will there be?

No shit. You basically copied the best mods from New Vegas and turned them into DLC.

>How much voodoo will there be?
About 35.

Why is that a good thing?

Too many voodoo

The Enclave will be a huge factor of New Orleans, and they're actually joinable this time too.

Will the RPG aspect of Faggot continue to be dumbed down?

It's supposed to be a test of patience in a religious faction (Not the Children of Atom)

Do you mean an hour in real time??

Will there be another voiced character/backstory that prevents immersion and projection, or will you do away with a voiced character?

Excellent

We're having a voiced character, but the dialogue will be closer to 3 and NV. Also, skills will be back.

I asked this in last thread but of course didn't get an answer, well I didn't beyond usual "kys" "faggot" etc....

Why did nv suck so badly? Bugs/glitches, storyline that seemed like it was written by 10 yr old...WHY?

Not a Bethesda employee. Just some fag pretending to be. Common knowledge that ES6 has been in production for years. Fuck off fag!

Is it going to be built on a new engine, or will you continue to use this currently horrendous engine?

Yes, but they end up being the 'bad guys'.

So you're based in Rockville?

Will you release the G.E.C.K at the same time as the game to make sure the modders can fix the game as soon as possible?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

We are reusing Skyrim Remastered's engine.

it's a big game with a big open world ya dingus
not everyone has a nasa computer

How come there are no pics in this thread?

Yup, in Maryland.

Well fuck. It's going to be another glitch ridden pile of trash riding on an underserved legacy

because newfags will believe anything without questioning
btw obama here ama
i kno who gonna win the elections

Skyrim remastered engine is just the fall out 4 engine...

How is your commute with the green/yellow line how it is?

Everybody does, Clinton will. Because you're colluding with her and the oligarchy

probably shit. i work up that way so i know

Whats Bethesda's obsession with rape in all their games?

hell naw john cena gon be prez xd

Don't forget about the illuminati.

Yup. Complete shit.
Almost got stabbed once.

This guy is bullshit. wmata.com/rail/station_detail.cfm?station_id=17
Rockville, Maryland is on the RED line. Not GREEN/YELLOW. This guy is a fraud.

>btw obama here ama
Why are you such a faggot?