I feel so shit and depressed when I see videos like this

I feel so shit and depressed when I see videos like this.
> people partying
> people having fun

I have never partied
I've never experienced UNI life

I'm too old now to go to stuff like that
I'm too ulgy to show up
I'm not trendy / cool / experience / tattoed enough to not stick out like a soar thumb

youtube.com/watch?v=YPTCqGqga-s
youtube.com/watch?v=EjHHGLFl2ZQ

wanna join my frat

I'm over the hill sadly.
When I was a uni all I did was study 24/7.

I feel you.
I've always been shy, but for what it's worth:

I did uni, "partied" (by which I mean got drunk in the loud company of other students and fondled/fucked random female drunks), have done the clubbing scene, blah blah blah.
I've been trendy and fucking untrendy at different times of my life.
Anyway, I feel, and have always felt, lonely as fuck, and I imagine I've always felt the same lonelyness or wanting of the Other as you (Freud's capital O Other).

The contentment you see on the faces of the people in those pictures is a fucking lie we tell each other.

OP here, then why do they parties seem to be the ultimate.

To clarify: I'm not saying bliss, companionship, and happyness don't exist, but you sure as fuck won't find them in a party, trendy as it may be.

>> people partying
>> people having fun

that shit isnt fun tho
just do you

I don't know... you have more chances of meeting people, so I suppose they serve as kind of a platform. It helps you spend time with people without having to say something really engaging. I'm not trying to sound like le reddit here, but talking one on one is hard, and scary for most people who are afraid they're not that substantial.

You've been to the wrong parties bro.

The best I ever had were with large groups of friends who were forced together for whatever reason and got to know eachother well. I still have fond memories of those people and the times we spent together partying and living life to the druged up, drunken fullest. It wasn't always fun since people will be people. But when it was good, it was great!

I'm sorry you missed out on this OP, but as I get older I've learned that it's less about the parties, and far more about the people you choose to associate with and spend your energy/time/resources on.

Surround yourself with good people and you'll have a good time no matter what stage of life you find yourself in.

Thank god there's at least someone who is sadder than me

Sorry OP dw about it, just do good

Ok, I'm a little drunk, so I have to clarify again. I mean the party lets you talk to people without being forced to do it one on one. You or she gets bored? (and you *WILL* get bored) No prob! make up a bullshit excuse or turn 30° and you have a brand new conversation! You never have to go deeper than 5 or 6 bullshit well-practiced lines.
Outside of a party you are much more naked. You have to listen to the other person. you fuck up... conversation's over, you continue carrying your groceries.

"via 9gag.com"

>just do you

I hear you. Mileage might vary. I'm not saying I have not had wonderful times in the company of other people: but the knee-slapping laughs, drunken acrobatics, consequence-free vandalism, to-be-remembered-sex, or hallucinogen-induced perspective, the real fun I've had, it was always in a party of two. three very rarely. and I never made those acquaintances at parties.

Not the other guy, but I think what he's meaning by "the Other" is you already know you don't like what's happening to you. You know partying is what's not happening to you. Therefore, you would like partying.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence, but the dirt is the same and you still have to mow it.

OP here

I understand you point about getting older.

But I want to have experienced things.

I do not want to die regretting never having lived.

I call bullshit. I think many people feel OP's trepidation and feeling of inadequacy with respect to the outer appearance of parties, and that does not make them sadder than you.

Want my full bio ? here is is.

I feel like my life is over.
I feel like I've missed the golden years.
I have no idea what a 33 year old is supposed to do.
I'm very far behind in my development.
I feel too old now, some of the things I've listed below you do when you are 14 - 24.
I feel I no business being anywhere.

> Dutch
> 33
> Lived abroad most of my Life, in an islamic country
> Never had sex
> Never drank alchohol, never tried
> Never smoked, never tried
> Never used drugs, never tried
> Never interacted with girls
> Never talked to a girl
> Never touched a girl
> Never kissed a girl
> Never had friends
> Never hung out around town
> Never hung out with peers
> Never been to a house party
> Never been to a club
> Never been to a bar
> Never been to university / college partying
> Never been to an event (concert, football match, comedy show, etc)
> Never been on holiday
> Never been to summer camp
> Never been to a party island like Ibiza
> Never had a stereo in my room
> Never had a tv in my room
> Never had a console in my room
> Was not allowed to bring people over
> Was not allowed to go to other people's homes
> My parents were very strict and would use guilt tricks to keep me indoors
> My parents also used the same excuse over and over again, which was "You are too young for that, you are not ripe enough".
> Another excuse was "Because you lack expierence you are not allowed to participate, only when you have enough expierence are you allowed to participate".

I maintain that even the "popular kids" who juiced the parties for all they were worth felt this trepidation.

Jesus christ. Are you still in islamistan?

OP here.

I'm 33, but I do not feel 33.

When I see people in those videos, they feel much older than me.

I'm scared they will say "Hey kid what are yo doing here, go home, you are too young".

Sadly, I have a babyface. Often people mistake me for 21.

No!

I was born in The Netherlands.

I lived abroad due to my dad being offered a position in Saudi Arabia.

>I feel so shit and depressed when I see videos like this.
>> people partying
>> people having fun
Get a bike, go to bike rallies party and make friends, no one gives a shit who you are or what you look like, been a biker for 30 yrs many people don't like us but we look after our own.

you didn't miss a thing. most of people partying are empty inside, bro. They try to fill the gap and it doesn't work.

And you'd be right.

The difference is some of us have our little existential crisis the get the fuck on with shit.

OP here, but those parties look fun and I wish to be part of the trendy / hip / sexy people.

I'm in uni right now and feel the same, I've been to some parties but they were never very fun for me so I stopped going. I'm confused if the real reason I stopped going was because it wasn't fun for me or because I'm just to sad to even try anymore

Again: 1) babyface is a blessing (I'm 36, pass for 25 sometimes).
2) the feeling that all other people are more "mature" or "accomplished" than us, is a recurring fear. All the people I've truly spoken with have this same fear, including myself: "Doctorate, lived by myself for 18 years, etc..."

This guy is on to something. Fuck those "trendy" vapid excuses for parties that some marketing team wants you to believe (including those assholes on facebook who always seem to be having fun. this is careful artifice). biker rallies (bicycle in my case, but hey) are FUN, and you don't need to justify your presence.

To quote jane's addiction: "we all want to be beautiful too". But that's the trick, the people you see as beautiful/hip/sexy posters, don't feel so, or only feel so in the most fragile and unfulfilling of ways.

My last piece of unsolicited advice, which you might need having spent so much of your formative years in islamistan: 1) don't smoke tobacco, it's not cool and has no real benefit. 2) if you're a fat fuck, get in some sort of shape. you don't have to be a buttplug model, just get within a healthy BMI. 3) the friends you get by waving money in their faces don't ever lead to fun.
4) lastly, and inb4, guys... have you seen Bill Hicks or Doug Stanhope's comedy on youtube?

yep hes right, we are all "popular" at different times of our lives

I feel like if you wanna experience the partying and stuff you need some sort of sense of community. All those college kids are there because they all have a similar trait in common right? They're all in college. So you need to find a common community to be a part of, not just to party, just something to do. Maybe try volunteering somewhere or joining some sort of club, somewhere you can meet friends to do things with, maybe party with who knows. Maybe you can try and party and if you don't like it do something else, do whatever makes you happy, there are loads of people that don't party. You just don't hear about them because the party scene is so loud.

OP here.

I lived locked up in a compound where I was bullied everyday, for being the only kid from that compound to go to the british school and wear an uniform.

>9gag
go suck a dick

Just do some heroin op, it will make you feel better

This is such a mediocre thing to crave.
You're just as bad as these mainstream regular normal popular kids, you just don't get a shot at it because of how repulsive you are.

This guy is on to something. Do you play an instrument? Even something like the flute? As a non-musician, let me tell you, those fuckers have a strong sense of fraternity, and they're usually knee-deep.
How long have you been back and out of militarystan?

Even though I'm bike biased any sub culture or like minded group will do, I have friends into VW beetles which has a huge following and have big party meets, pick a group and see if it works for you.

Came back in 2004
Went to uni
Found job
That's all I do.
Work -> lock myself up at home -> repeat.

What ?!? christ OP. not to be an asshole, but is all this after 12 years?

> Never had sex
> Never drank alchohol, never tried
> Never smoked, never tried
> Never used drugs, never tried
> Never interacted with girls
> Never talked to a girl
> Never touched a girl
> Never kissed a girl
> Never had friends
> Never hung out around town
> Never hung out with peers
> Never been to a bar
> Never been to university / college partying
> Never been to an event (concert, football match, comedy show, etc)

A) fuck your parents. B) go buy 1L of good blond beer and watch Bill Hicks on youtube. C) go see a psychoterapist. preferably Lacanian (I speak from personal experience)
D) fuck that pisspool Ibiza. E) never ever mention summer camp again. it's stupid and has no business in an adult mind. F) Seriously, do you have a job? move away from your parents. Are you trolling?

Ok, sure, but come on: "let he who is without sin..."

Ok. Last last piece of unsolicited advice. You might be trolling. If not:

If and when you get out of your shell, you'll probably meet a girl. You'll probably fall in love with the first skirt that so much as looks your way, and you'll be hearbroken when she's not as madly in love as you think you deserve. This is normal. We all fuck around and get dissapointed: them and us, and blind devotion is not sexy. Take your time, and always let them fall in love before you fall in love.

OP here.

Got a job.
I hardly have to interact with people.
After work I go straight home and lock myslef inside my apartment.

I have 0 social skills

I'm too old for sex / relationships.

This is normal. Social skills get formed, a little at a time.

Seriously, watch bill hicks while getting a little drunk. it will give you good ideas.

it's not that you don't have the skills, it's that getting out is fucking scary. this is normal. you have some balls, you get out a little, have good and bad experiences, you go to bed, and the next day you get out a little more, etc...

lastly, I think any good psychoanalist/doctor would happily prescribe you some anti-anxiety treatment that should help A LOT when you are just starting to meet people.

WHAT? Now THAT is whining. Are all Dutch this easy to cower?
I'm older than you and I haven't gotten a fifth of the sex I want from this life.
Too old at 33? You're either trolling or you've been lied to.

ok. going to bed;

My parents raised me roman catholic.
They taught me Alcohol, drugs and sex are all immoral.

strict catholicism is more immoral than alcohol, drugs and sex. go live your life and be a good person at the same time, dont be a slave.

>I feel so shit and depressed when I see videos like this.
I feel depressed too.
Is sad know that the idea of fun of most people is stay in a tight dark room, semi naked with other semi naked people, listening to bad music while a random loser throws smoke in their faces.
It's a feeling that humanity didn't evolve after all, and never will...

my sister threw some crazy house parties when she was in college... I'm a year and a half younger so i tagged along to everything and her hot friends usually fucked me
I have 'alpha' and 'epic' stories by Sup Forums's standards
Its just an empty life though, drama with one night stands, $200 bar tabs, serotonin syndrome from molly etc etc nothing is perfect

where do you live

this was me up untill i was like 22/23, just DO them, dont think about it, if you really dont give a shit just go out and do them, every time you can possibly get a new experience, take it, you will learn what you do and don't like, and this will build you a personality, i was exactly like you up untill i did something about it. it's not too late to change

The Netherlands, Utrecht.