Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1p809FSIFas
youtube.com/watch?v=cAEf33fN9LY
youtube.com/watch?v=ugZU4ITYkuw
youtube.com/watch?v=3XqyGoE2Q4Y
youtu.be/pb8BiQR9RTI
youtube.com/watch?v=uhdDlkrXeww
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Listen to the Ramones....then listen to the band's that inspired the Ramones...then listen to the band's the Ramones inspired.

You can start with Riff Raff

Will sure do my good sir.

Bump

New York Dolls, The Animals, The MC5, Iggy and the Stooges, even The Beach Boys

Beatles Rubber Soul to Abbey Road
Led Zeppelin 1 to 4 and In Throught The Out Door
Rolling Stones Let it Bleed + Exile on Main Street.
The Who Who's Next + Live at Leeds.

What do you listen to? Some people think shit that is universally loved sucks balls, so you should educate yourself in the direction in which you lean

DEVIN TOWNSEND

Death's album Symbolic is great. First American death metal band. Hence the term "Death Metal"

Thx
I actually listened to the Beatles (sergent pepper I think it was), didn't really like it. Did listen to The Beggars Banket from the Rolling Stones too. But besides this and Pink Floyd I really don't know anything
I'll take your advices bro, thanks !

Fucking SYL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rammstein, System of a Down and Pink Floyd. Besides I really don't know anything really

You should listen to this op...

Not worthy of being called music.

Chopin's Nocturnes
Schubert's Impromptu and Symphony no.9
Shostakovitch - String Quartet and Jazz Suites
Brahms - 4th Symphony and Cello Sonatas
All Beethoven
Strauss - Vier letzte Lieder
Mahler's 2nd Symphony
Bruckner's 8th Symphony
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Bill Evans - Portrait In Jazz
Charles Mingus - The Black Saint and the Sinner
Coltrane - Blue Train
Cannonball Adderley - Somethin' Else

Would be a good start. And there is no pop music worth listening to since the Beatles broke up.

Led zepplin- No Quarter. Take some lsd first for the full experience.

Deltron 3030

Listen to it faggot

Thank you !

Thanks ! I'm open to classical music as well. Though I think there I'll still listen to what everyone gave me, few names ring a bell so I'll go for everything that can enlarge my culture

youtube.com/watch?v=1p809FSIFas

3 words brother..

Ten Years After

That's all I need. Start with songs, rather than bands. Tool- Aenima, Schism, Opiate, Lateralus. Cannibal Corpse- Murderer's Pact, Eviseration Plague, Icepick Labotomy. Behemoth- As Above, So Below, Ov the Fire and Void, Left Hand of God. Arch Enemy- We Will Rise, Yesterday's Dead and Gone, Blood Stained Cross. Strapping Young Lad- Decimator, AnitProduct, New Black (All the same album). DethKok- Dethharmonic, Bloodlines, Skyhunter. You should like all of those. Explore, learn, shit's awesome.

>no Mozart
Fuck of, Salieri.

Moving pictures - rush

can this be considered classic yet? still a great album that holds up and its cool knowing the band is just 3 dudes making all that noise.

Thanks. Any good tips to get some around Paris ?

Band of Gypsys (live)
Love - Forever Changes
Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Nas - Illmatic
PInk Floyd - Animals

youtube.com/watch?v=cAEf33fN9LY

Listen to Black Sabbath. Listen to the bands that inspired Black Sabbath, then listen to the bands that Black Sabbath inspired.

Favortie from that album is Sweet Leaf. Not sure if Lord of this World is on it, but love that shit too

>Band of Gypsys (live)
You mean listen to how they beg for money?

Lil B. Classic

You win. Love that play

Both of the songs you described are on BS's best album, not paranoid

What are you talking about?

This. Black Sabbath all day, until you know every word from Sabotage

Thank you !
Thx
Thank you so much ! I do listen to Behemoth sometimes !
Thank you

FYI Pink Floyd is only good post Syd Barret and before Pulse

Shit my bad, I'm kinda drunk internet surfing but, YES! Sorry about the misinformation

youtube.com/watch?v=ugZU4ITYkuw

youtube.com/watch?v=3XqyGoE2Q4Y

>no Tchaikovsky
Kys m8

this guy gets it

Well the bands that Black Sabbath inspired are pretty much are rock band that existed after the year of 1970

Tony Iommi created literally all the possible hard rock and metal riffs in existance, others just copy him in a slightly different way

Its over 30 years old

While I do love all of those, DethKlok (or should I say Brendon Small) is my favorite musicians. He put another album unrelated to DethKlok call Galaktikon that's fucking awesome

Tool-no quarter>Led Zeppelin-no quarter

GTFO

Thank you all so much ! I'm screenshoting every answer of this thread, will try to listen to everything as soon as I can !

Iron Maiden
AC/DC
Motorhead
The Rolling Stones
Queen
Van Halen
Led Zeppelin
Deep Purple
Dire Straits
Guns N' Roses
JIMI FUCKING HENDRIX
Judas Priest
Joy Division
Metallica
Black Sabbath
Ozzy Osbourne
Rainbow
Rage Agains The Machines

Jacques Brel, anything really but definitely look for his less depressing songs, like Bruxelles, Marieke and Bastille. But anyhing is really good

Listen to Maynard James Keenan. He's the musical genius of our time.

>Charles Mingus - The Black Saint and the Sinner

my man

Living colour's Collideoscope great album. Check "Flying"

Listen to Deep Purple 60´s and 70´s Stuff (forget about "smoke on the water"), listen the first Three albums (psicodelic stuff), then the more Hard Rock oriented "in Rock" "fireball" "machine Head" "Who do we think we are" Then Listen "MADE IN JAPAN" (this is how a Hard Rock Band should play Live)...

youtu.be/pb8BiQR9RTI

so in other words turn on the radio and you'll have all that in a couple of hours

>Black Sabbath from the fist album up to Mob Rules, then skip to Dehumanizer and 13
>anything Pink Floyd up to The Division Bell
>anything Dire Straits
>anything from Rush
>EVERYTHING from Jimi Hendrix

That will give you a good ground to look for more and get into what you feel that touches you the most.

approved

Crowbar - No Quarter is superior to both

this guy right here, hes god among men.
sir Rory Gallagher himself

Beatles, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, The Doors, The Animals, Frank Zappa, Talking Heads, Supertramp.

>not including Stormbringer

Also if you enjoy Deep Purple listen to Judas Priest.

Went to Voodoo Fest in New Orleans two weekends ago and he performed with Tool AND Pusifer. Shit was unreal

The doors!

OP still lurking. Wouldnt have imagined getting so many replies it's awesome ! Thank you guys

Chce mieć duży dom pełen cudzych żon, słyszysz?

Rush Exit Stage Left
Zep - Physical Graffiti
Priest Sad Wings of Destiny
Mussorgsky - Pictures at an Exhibition
Rimsky-Korsakov - Scheherazade

and this suave motherfucker...

are you 16?

Start with Blues kings like B.B. King, Ray Vaughan, Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Healey, Santana.

Then go upwards to early proto-rock with later works of Jimi Hendrix, later work of Beatles, Rolling Stones, Dire Straits, The Who, The Doors

Take a sidestep to psychedelic/progressive with Pink Floyd, Yes and Rush.

Then listen to Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath. These define the rest of all the bands you can possibly listen to.

>OK "Burn" and "Stormbringer" Also...

Pink Floyd, Yes, Magma, King Crimson, Opeth, Meshuggah, Phazm, Steven Wilson, Porcupine Tree, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Atomic Rooster, Caravan, Dave Brubeck, Eugen Cicero, Genesis (early Years), Joy Division, The Kills, Rush, Spooky Tooth, The zombies

if there was only one album of electronic music, i'd vote for this one

Reverend Horton Heat

especially this album
>youtube.com/watch?v=uhdDlkrXeww

one of my favorite BS albums, Tony, Geezer and Bill

Classics thread

Schubert - "Unfinished Symphony" (No. 8, in B Minor, D.759)

ITT we post either pleb-tier classic rock bands or we post classical music and laugh at the things other people enjoy.

The best way I have found to find new music is to go on youtube and just keep clicking a "related video" starting from one of my favorite songs until I find something new to me.
Also Thelonious Monk FTW

Mozart - "Coronation Mass" (Mass No. 15 in C major, K. 317)

Gas yourself

There's this if you aren't familiar with it

>Mussorgsky - Pictures at an Exhibition

Gonna see them in two weeks time

Brahms - Symphony No. 4 in E minor, Op. 98.

Start With this. Everyone loves Brit Popish Dad Rock

Giovanni Battista Pergolesi - "Stabat Mater"