Why is dragonfire so weak? Wildfire seemed more powerful. Ancalagon the Black would wipe the floor with these wyverns

Why is dragonfire so weak? Wildfire seemed more powerful. Ancalagon the Black would wipe the floor with these wyverns.

IDK, literally shattering a sea-worthy naval warfare boat in just a few seconds seems pretty powerful.

If Wildfire is more powerful, it just goes to show, even in a world with magic and fictional monsters, human ingenuity is the most terrifying force of nature.

And I think that is pretty cool.

Ancalagon was slained by some white faggot-elf cuck on the boat.

Why is thermite more powerful then flamethrowers?

Keep it in one thread, shitforbrains.

A few seconds? It took at least a minute!

How do the dragons actually produce the fire internally? Gritty realism master GRRM should give as all the details.

I'd say gas from rotting flesh

you can see their little pilot lights inside their mouths too

I think Reign of Fire gave us the best explanation of dragon fire, if not dragon slaying.

Wildfire is a highly explosive super-napalm created by pyro-alchemists. Of course huge quantities of that shit is going to be destructive. Like another user said, the dragons destroyed the ship pretty quickly, and with streams of fire no less, rather than a massive explosion.

>Reign of Fire gave us the best explanation of dragon fire

This. In fact, I think GoT does the same thing. Whenever you get a good look in the dragons mouths, it appears they have the same chemical tube thingies going on. The horntail in Harry Potter looked like it had that too.

>the dragons destroyed the ship pretty quickly
No... no, they did not. Not for three of them working on the same target using multiple blasts each.

Nope, it wasn't done quickly at all, not for the amount of dragons involved and the effort expended. No, that's wrong.

>3 adolescent dragons breathing fire in intermittent bursts on a large ship, destroying it in like 10 seconds
Do you have any idea how much heat it would take to make that much thick, likely wet wood just disintegrate and fall apart like that in such a short time? And again, comparing it to wildfire is stupid. One destroys by sheer intensity of the heat, the other blows shit apart with force.

>Wildfire seemed more powerful
Well, duh.

Dragonfire is just regular fire? I thought it was supposed to be magical.

I really don't trust that you know what you're talking about.

These dragons aren't anywhere near full grown yet, right?

>Dragonfire is just regular fire?
Where did I say or even imply that? If it were just regular fire there is no fucking way the ship would have fallen apart so quickly, nor would it kill almost instantly and char bones black like it does.

For somebody with such poor reading comprehension, you're awfully condescending.

Someone please post that fucking dragon size comparison chart

Why in the fuck no one challenge those dragons ffs, you can easily jump on them and then stab strongly with 2h sword or camper them with a massive crossbow, easy as fuck boom dragon problem solved, why is this show full of pussies

Drogon is getting there, but his little bros have some catching up to do.

Look at XXXAnonymousXDragonSlayer over here. Isn't he tough.

It is fucking frustrating that khalisi seldom uses her fucking dragons, and when she does she uses them too late and too mildly.

What the fuck? Whose fault is this? Whomever he/she is is an idiot.

Yeah I'm sure you'd be a big hero in their situation. Dragon hide is always super stronk in literally every canon ever. Good luck even getting close enough to drop one with a sword, let alone attacking it enough times before you get vored to death.

Drogon is still 25% smaller than Balerion was. He's still got a fair bit of growing to do.

Sorry for responding to you.

To anyone else who knows the lore: what are the properties of dragonfire? How magical is it?

Why doesn't it cling like wildfire does? Tyrion's wildfire didn't care that its targets were wet.

How many times has she been in a situation where dragons were necessary?

How many of those times did at least one of them come through? Hint: literally every time.

>Ancalagon the Black vs anything except Jörmungandr is fucking stupid be ashamed OP

The sizes are inaccurate. Shen Long is way bigger than that, for example.

You're fucking retarded.

Its weird colours, like Drogons flame is pitch black, Rhaegals is golden, Viserions is white shot with red. Stone glow and run where they hit.

>Why doesn't it cling like wildfire does?
Did... did somebody manage to stop, drop, and roll on screen and I missed it?

Its used to forge valyrian steel.

That's interesting. It melts stone? None of that seems to have been ported to the show.

This is so wrong

Skyrim dragons are much smaller, so is Drogon

>Drogon bigger than Smaug
Is that the book version? because the movie version had to be bigger than that. Or maybe Smaug ony being near dwarves and hobbits in all of his scenes is throwing me off.

Dragons never stop growing in ASOIAF

Are you kidding?

Dragons grow until they die, and balerion was able to swallow mammoths.

I guess I just based my assumption on Tywin lecturing Joffrey on the dragon threat, and Joff said "the largest [skull] was the size of a carriage". I guess they weren't referring to Balerion's skull then.

No not that one, the stupid LotR one that shows Ancagalon as being massive

>balerion was able to swallow mammoths.
by that account Alduin from Skyrim is the largest, since he's able to eat worlds.

I think that might be a case of GRRM being terrible with numbers.

he probably forgot exactly how big he'd decided Balerion was supposed to be in between writing the two scenes.

Because wildfire is napalm, man. It's literally medieval napalm. Napalm sticks to shit, it's basically fire glue.

Joff wasn't exactly an academic. Misinformation is common when literally 9/10 of the population can't read or write, and a good 50% of the remaining 1/10 don't care to.

If anything it's one of the few instances where a show portays the effect of a flamethrower. A lot of shows portay fire and being some sort of kinetic force that also burns things when it's not the case.

Wildfire has more immediate effects because it's pretty much a fire bomb.

Also it can be assumed Dany could command them to burn shit faster, but she was just trying to intimidate them and not destroying many ships

No fucking way is Shenlong is that small.

I assume both season 7 and 8 won't cover much in-show time, maybe a couple more months at least.

If we assume that dragon growth is not linear (or else they would be the size of mountain in 10 years), It's likely they are near the size they'll reach before the story ends

>What the fuck? Whose fault is this? Whomever he/she is is an idiot.
Budget.

Anybody that says "Shenlong" is a weeaboo.

It's listed as Shenlong in the image. What else would you call it?

Shenron, the English version of the name, which doesn't sound as faggy as Shenlong.

I'm going to be more saddened by their deaths than by anybody else in the show desu. I actually felt a little bit happy when Rhaegal and Viserion busted out of that dank dungeon and got to see the sun and fly for the first time in probably years. I always felt so bad for them being trapped down there.

I want at least one scene of Dany coddling the fuck out of them and apologizing while they reciprocate affection. I want to be spoonfed with certainty that they're happy and all on good terms now.

Shenron, maybe? Didn't you ever watch the show? Unless you grew up watching the original because you're in Japan in which case I shut my whore mouth.

Yeah but Tywin didn't call him out on it and correct him, so we can assume it's true.

Not that user but it was translated as shenlong in the manga, at least where I live.

Didn't Ancalagon the Black blow up with the force of a like a million megatons by just falling to the ground when he was killed.

I think some nerd calculated it at 500 teratons or something.

>500 teratons
>just by falling
That is absolutely fucking ridiculous

I'm probably very wrong but it was a large number.

He crushed multiple Everest sized mountains.

What would something of that size even eat? But then I guess "magic, I ain't gotta mansplain shit"

Every time I see this it's different. Is there an official source on this with the actual scaling?

>Moon sized dragon

That's literally retarded.

no. He's just described as the biggest, and everyone pulls numbers out of their ass from there.

LOTR lore is fucking metal dude

Dat mace is rad yo

People mostly ass pull but the fact that his fall destroyed Thangorodrim when he fell means he must have been pretty fucking big.

harrenhal

thanks user

>this post

Is it necessary to be THIS rude?

Well how can little cuck dragons compete against Ancalagon the BLACKED?

Why didn't they just leave him alone or placate him?