Ask a guy who worked in a major amusement park's guest service office anything

Ask a guy who worked in a major amusement park's guest service office anything

stupidest thing youve seen somebody do while you were working?

There was a lot, but I'd have to say that the lady who asked me to help sneak her child in to the park without having to pay takes the cake.

How many times have you walked in on sex in the park, by staff or customers?

Also, guests constantly demanded that we had to pay for their cell phone because they took them out on roller coasters and lost/broke them.

I never personally walked in on it because I rarely actually traveled in to the park, but at least 3-4 times a week people were caught having sex on rides, most of the time on an kids ride that was inside

Any fatalities when you were there or paedophile colleagues?

Nope, but one of our sister parks had a man killed after he jumped the fence and was struck my the coaster train. The closest I knew of while I have been there is a man having a heart attack and being unresponsive, but that was not on a ride, and he survived

Jesus christ how boring

And no kid groping colleagues to my knowledge, but ride operators are constantly helping guest lock in to the rides which requires hands to be close to those areas so who knows.

I know right?

We have had guests die in park in the past though. But not for some time. Most of the time its because people try to undo their restraints on rides

fuck ment to start a new thread. ignore. did not mean to derail

lol

What's a garunteed way to get free shit?

Tell us that the vending machine ate your cash. Hardest thing to track/verify. Nearly all of the time we asked how much the machine took, and then gave the guest back that amount in the form of in park credit as long is was reasonable.

What if I used a hundred dollar bill in machine?

How do I get free passes/sneak in?

People ever fuck at the park?

Or bring a kid and tell us its their birthday. Also, be nice if you have an issue. If a guest was a bitch while complaining, I did everything I could to not give them any sort of resolution. If they were nice to me and reasonable, they had a decent chance of getting what they wanted, if not more.

why do they build the roller coaster structure with wood?

Was the guy decapitated

Kyle, no one will ever think your cool. Shit Courtney is married and she's the only one who can stand to talk to you. Just let go man.

That would be something we would look deeper in to. Probably would have to look at the actual machine totals at the end of the night, etc etc, better to stick to a small amount.

At my park it was tough. We never ever gave out passes/fast passes as a resolution. The best way I guess would be to have a severely handicapped friend/family member and act as their handler.

all the time on rides

huh?

This coaster isn't at our park. This coaster is a "hybrid" wood/steel coaster made by Rocky Mountain Construction. In general wood coasters give a rougher ride, but this combo allows for the cool/intimidating look of wood supports, with the smoothness and ability to invert of a steel coaster.

Im not sure, but the coaster was traveling nearly 60 Mph, and the train is multiple tons in weight, so he almost had to be.

personally i wouldn't ride a rollercoaster if i know part of the structure is made out of wood. i get the sensation that it's going to break any moment.