Hi Sup Forums

Hi Sup Forums

Never set foot in the states but always enjoy watching it unfold from afar. Recently heard from someone from the states that the election is decided by an Electoral College vote.

It was described as if this vote was the primary indicator of which candidate won the election, and is made up of a handful of votes from each state.

So, when does the individual vote come into play? Can Sup Forums clear this up for me?

It changes in each state
It could be depending on there amount of votes that's how many electoral votes it gets
Ex) the percent it 30% for one and 70% for the other so they would split the electoral votes up 3 and 7
The other way is the winner takes all so with the same percentage the winner would get all 10
The amount of electoral votes per state changes by size and the state decides how they split the votes
It kinda stupid and easily corruptible and I personally think we don't need it

But do individual votes determine the electoral vote?

Basically what happens is everybody goes to their individual polling place and casts their ballots into an industrial size shredding machine, then the jews decide who is King.

Sorry for the spelling, I'm on my phone

The individual votes go into the percents in each state

I thought jews only existed in Saudi Arabia since they left the Cold War?

Yes, but because most states are of the winner take all variety, it is possible that a candidate can be elected without having the popular vote. This happened in 2000 with Bush v Gore.

The do. It is the Saudi Arabian Jews that make up the electoral college.

Ah I understand now.

What a wonderful system

the way the individual vote comes into to play is simple, the candidate who wins the popular vote in that state gets all the electoral votes. Meaning that if someone were to get 51% of the popular vote they still win all the votes in the state. whoever wins the overall popular vote doesn't matter, it's whoever wins the popular votes in states that have lots of electoral college votes.

Indeed it is. Indeed it is.

Yes, quite

This all varies by state law.

The US is not a democracy. It is a republic. We do not vote for president, we vote for a representative who then votes for president on behalf (much like you would vote for a senator or representative of parliament).

Each state gets a certain number of electoral votes based upon population. Their representative votes, by federalist state, are allocated by each states individual laws.

Once state by decide that if a candidate wins 51% they get all the representative votes. Others give votes proportionally based upon how much of the vote each candidate gets. Some do this by district, others by sheer number of votes. It's all different.

This is not 100% true. Not all states are all or nothing. Some states award votes proportionally. Some states also award by district.

The majority of states do award the total of their votes in this manner though.

No individual votes don't determine the electoral vote.
Meaning the majority of voters can vote for one person, however electoral college under federal or constitutional law can vote for a different candidate. It's pretty much bullshit, and for whatever reason the government insists we vote every year.

So which of these?

VOTE TRUMP!
>VOTE TRUMP!
VOTE TRUMP!
>VOTE TRUMP!
VOTE TRUMP!
>VOTE TRUMP!
VOTE TRUMP!
>VOTE TRUMP!
VOTE TRUMP!
>VOTE TRUMP!
VOTE TRUMP!
>VOTE TRUMP!
VOTE TRUMP!
>VOTE TRUMP!
VOTE TRUMP!
>VOTE TRUMP!
VOTE TRUMP!
>VOTE TRUMP!
VOTE TRUMP!
>VOTE TRUMP!
VOTE TRUMP!
>VOTE TRUMP!
VOTE TRUMP!
>VOTE TRUMP!
VOTE TRUMP!
>VOTE TRUMP!
VOTE TRUMP!
>VOTE TRUMP!
VOTE TRUMP!
>VOTE TRUMP!
VOTE TRUMP!
>VOTE TRUMP!
VOTE TRUMP!
>VOTE TRUMP!

>So, when does the individual vote come into play? Can Sup Forums clear this up for me?

United States Constitution Article II section 1 explains precisely how the president is elected.

The Electors shall meet in their respective States, and vote by Ballot for two Persons, of whom one at least shall not be an Inhabitant of the same State with themselves. And they shall make a List of all the Persons voted for, and of the Number of Votes for each; which List they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the Seat of the Government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate. The President of the Senate shall, in the Presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted. The Person having the greatest Number of Votes shall be the President, if such Number be a Majority of the whole Number of Electors appointed; and if there be more than one who have such Majority, and have an equal Number of Votes, then the House of Representatives shall immediately chuse by Ballot one of them for President; and if no Person have a Majority, then from the five highest on the List the said House shall in like Manner chuse the President. But in chusing the President, the Votes shall be taken by States, the Representation from each State having one Vote; A quorum for this Purpose shall consist of a Member or Members from two thirds of the States, and a Majority of all the States shall be necessary to a Choice. In every Case, after the Choice of the President, the Person having the greatest Number of Votes of the Electors shall be the Vice President. But if there should remain two or more who have equal Votes, the Senate shall chuse from them by Ballot the Vice President.

Google does my vote count (in usa) and it breaks it down simple. Everyone is trying to sound smart, but it's b so I don't know what I was expecting

>Google does my vote count

Yeah, you can trust Jewgle.

Seriously, kids, just read the fucking law here :It's one god damned paragraph.

>Seriously, kids, just read the fucking wall here

Summary please.

It's a long paragraph

So it would seem based on

..that if a state got 30% votes for Trump, and 60% votes for Hilary,

>electoral college under federal or constitutional law can vote for a different candidate,

and could overturn and vote for Trump instead, rendering most posts here incorrect.

Hey Eurofag sit back and watch how we pick the leader of the free world. Fundamentally tomorrow we are picking your next president as well. Go fuck yourself.

>Summary please.
^^^

This is precisely why the franchise of the vote isn't given to the masses.

Also why senators were originally not elected by popular vote either.

The founders realized that the average fuckwit was far too incompetent, lazy, and apathetic to be trusted with such matters.

Each state has a number of electors equal to its representation in Congress. Each state gets to decide how its electors are split up by election results; almost all have a winner take all system by majority. Some apportion them.

Whoever gets a majority of the electoral votes becomes president. If no one gets a majority, the House of Representatives votes to decide.

Aggregate popular vote across the entire country is irrelevant; electors are determined by state. If only one person in California votes, whoever they voted for gets all of California's electoral votes.

It rarely happens that the person who wins the electoral college loses the popular vote, but it's usually close; it varies by statewide turnouts. A lot of people in solid states that always go for one party don't bother voting.

>degree in government
>and law

Going to bed, no questions.

And in case some stupid faggot starts screaming conspiratorial bullshit about the electoral college, yes, electors do occasionally defect and vote for someone they aren't supposed to by their state law. No, this has never made a difference. Ever. It could theoretically in a tight race, but it has never, ever happened before.

OP, not from Europe.

Fail more.

You people should be grateful the jews decide everything for you. Imagine if you moronic ADD-riddled fucks had to run a country yourselves.

But im not from the states. I want a summary of the election from a forum. If I wanted to read scripture from the Dark ages, I wouldn't go to a public form.

If I wanted live up to date information from people who know what they are talking about, I will posit a question and wait for a Summary from someone glad to help.

It's less than 300 words holy fuck. I think its safe to assume you've never read a non-fiction book in your miserable life?

Yeah but everything is so drawn out. If someone could provide a summary that would be nice :)

Go fuck yourself, degenerate. You are the death of human society.

Gee I would say someone so hostile and aggressive to someone else is on that track mate.

It says "chuse".

It can't be taken seriously