Sup Forums what do you believe in?

Sup Forums what do you believe in?

Rather it be a god, an ethic, a theory, anything

What do you believe?

Norse/Ancestral Paganism

Murphy's law

I believe there are things greater than us and our existence. I also believe that making shit up doesn't help figure out what these things are at all.

Epistemic relativism and internal ethical consistency.
Everyone views the world differently, and different aspects of the world will have different value and meaning to them based on their views. A universal ethic or belief is never going to happen for this reason. The best we can hope for is that people hold themselves to their own values and follow their own rules that they expect others to follow.
That doesn't happen either.

Human create their own reality.

That humans don't yet have the intelligence to find out how shit really started or really is. Like an ant has no fucking clue that there are planes flying over his head.

>Human create their own reality.
lmao, then where are all the shadow people that talk to me? I see them and talk to them yet no one else does.

well said; i was going to say "tanning my palms" until I saw this

proving 's point
You created your shit. You don't create anyone else's. They create their own.

First one must understand the the is order rather than chaos. Intelligent design follows. Order implies a creator, it's very simple.

Humans cannot understand the mind of god, and when a human, whether through inactivity, boredom, or ambition, attempts to rise beyond the position established for himself by the natural order he causes chaos and disorder, which must be suppressed. My two cents.

I believe in Donald Trump.

But it's not a "reality" at all. My shadow people inside my skull won't ever affect the real world.

I believe in steel. I believe in mathematics, sound mechanical design, and that the soul is in the software. I believe that one day humanity will be able to better itself, and become more than god intended. I believe that the corporations must be stopped, that promoting human advancement through scientific understanding should be our most pressing and urgent goal, and that the biological and physical sciences are essentially working on the same problem from two different directions.

They affect you and your perception of the world. That's real to you. Real enough that you see them and talk to them.

The idea of a world in itself as it would be independent of perception or interpretation is a meaningless concept, since it can't have meaning that isn't assigned to it by interpretation.

Even our proven hard science is just the answers to the questions we've thought to ask, as filtered through how we are equipped to interpret those answers.

Shit dude you sound like my therapist lmao.

Anyway my delusions don't affect me in real life, they've basically become background noise I don't even interact with that much anymore.

If there were more people like you, we would still be living in the dark ages.

Oh how i hate post modern philosophy. It's basically everyone ripping Nietzsche off and pretending they came to those conclusions on their own. Pathetic.

Don't be a dick to people unless they deserve it. No more, no less

I follow the beat of my heart and the path in front of me. Nothing more, nothing less. Those I travel with along the way may come and go as they see fit, but I'll only keep moving forward.

Yeah, you tagged me with the perspectivism. But really the internal ethical consistency is more ripped from Kant and Sartre.

But please go ahead and tell me what else outside of postmodern is still relevant? I'm legitimately curious as to where you're coming from.

what. nigga did you just make this shit up?

yeah lets relax here Kant, just need to say you are a faggot and everything you say is worth less than 1 sperm in my ejaculate

I believe in these sick dubs

Nietzsche for starters. Ethical consistency from animals? That is what we are. Do you see the problem there? Philosophically, I guess I'm a Kantian in that we will never experience things as they truly are. That led me to occultism.

I have answers.
Ask all who have questions.

I believe your mind is some kind of program. Shit you might even be reincarnated since there are so many fucking galaxies. I don't know what to Believe but I know science is the best possible answer in finding any solution to this.

I belive the universe is a simulation, the countless religions of the world point to the fact that this life is a veil over the real one.. could they be so wrong?

God is a being from another dimension, something we can't comprehend. Our feeble religions only begin to grasp at the corners of the great tapestry that is our universe

I find the big bang as impossible as there being a creator, but i have a hard time picking any one beleif that has been re-written 5000 times since the beginning of recorded history

Google the saturn machine my young friend.

Will do

Denied!

I believe in the Christian god. I do not care about the proof he doesn't. I have faith.

Will faith protect you when it gets bored of you? It protected Job so well.

Oh, wait... That's right... His life was ripped apart over what was effectively a stupid bar bet... Never mind.

i am currently reincarnating through all forms of hell for each sin committed.

I believe that people are generally good. They will go out of their way to help other people. I choose to believe in people and see the good in mankind

Ive heard this concept before.

Not opposed to it, i think it's unfortunately stigmatized by shitheads who just did shrooms for their first time.

It's fun to dream about, and the concept of nanobots breaking down a small moon and building a massive supercomputer simulation from the inside out to simulate, study and emulate the existance of an entire cosmos is only 10,000 years away, being aware of the possibility changes nothing.

Able to wonder, never to know. Is this free will?

Are my thoughts just simulations? Calculated trickle-down statistics formed by the countless billions of tiny variables my life has been subject to?

I'll never know

Life is meaningless and only temporary happiness can be found.

In korean micro-god of course.

Descartes was not a shithead on shrooms. You are just wasting your breath on mental-midgets. Descartes alludes to this when he wrote that a demon could well be deceiving him and his senses but that at the very least he knew he was a brain/mind. You just have to have the eyes to see and the ears to listen.

The only universal truth is that of logic

Mind Upload is the only God I bow to.

Think of time as existing all together. Past, present, and future. Every possible scenario playing out in parallel universes. It's our biological organism that makes the experience what it is. It's not true reality.

I believe in 'sword logic' and that i must kill those inferior to me.

Check this book out

Cool. I've heard of this book. I always forget to download it. Thanks.

science
>inb4 ridicule for trusting the very method that created your computer and the internet

Np. Just found the PDF on a random website google led me to. Gonna read this tomorrow. Peace guys. I love faith threads, they help reinforce that not everyone is a complete reee ree. This shit gives me a headache though. Also I'm ready for the James Webb telescope.

I believe that everyone has a set destiny that you can not change.
even if by doing something radical you think that you are changing your destiny you're not, it was always meant to happen.

And then it was restored to him.

Oh, sure, that makes it all better.

"Hey, your wives and your children all died, here, take some new women and start a new family!"
Give me a break. The man never had to suffer in the first place. It was all a sick joke.

When you die it'll probably be exactly what it was like before you were born, nothing
Anyone who believes in god is an dumb stupid idiot

Existentialism + Carpe Diem.

I grew up in a non-denominational Christian home, but realized that there's no definitive proof beyond convincing yourself that __________ exists. There is no way out, and the chances of having a noticeable impact on mankind are practically nonexistent.
However, because of this looming deadline, you should work hard and enjoy/utilize the time there is, so there's not a regret afterwards.

I believe... I mean I know that the Universe itself is "God"
It forged the galaxy and the planet that gave birth to us
Through a natural process that can be understood
There is no better world above us and there is no hell below us
When we die, we return to where we were before we were born.
Life is all we have and we all SHOULD make it worth living
Because there is no Hell, this life we live in is as close to Hell as we'll ever get
But we can turn things around and make this life closer to Heaven

I truly believe that op is a faggot being