ITT: Albums we think are one of a kind and anons prove us wrong

ITT: Albums we think are one of a kind and anons prove us wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ht8FlJjdBJY
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S70909695#p70910207
youtu.be/Xr4Zi_BQZeI?t=152
youtu.be/epJ03N31MYk?t=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not disputing your claim but making my own and hoping someone proves me wrong

>DUDE RANDOM TIME SIGNATURES XD DUDE SPOKEN POETRY
DADA LYRICS AND OFFKILTER INSTRUMENTATION XD

this album is a cliche as any album largely recognized as being "Experimental" is

mad that he doesn't get it

then post another album like it instead of spewing your salt dumbass

>inb4 some random synthpop albums

Lick My Decals Off Baby tries to be the same but falls short IMO.

From another band I would probably say The Pop Group's "Y" is kind of in the ballpark but still not that close.

trust me, when i heard it at 15 I "got it", it's just later on I realized there was nothing to "get" to begin with.

>Me and my girl named Bimbo...
>Limbo...
>Spam.

What did he mean by this?

wow you really don't get it at all

a man and his girlfriend named Bimbo do the limbo with Spam

>trust me, when i heard it at 15 I "got it", it's just later on I realized there was nothing to "get" to begin with.
You do acknowledge what they experimented with and what they achieved? If there's something to get, that would be it. Also, there are some hilarious songs (Ella Guru, China Pig, Pena).

lmao what a contrarian tool

i get you though

>if i like this bullshit
>people will think i can hear something they can't
>they will think I have special knowledge curated from years of listening to rare musics
>they will never understand why i like this absolute amelodic shit because it's clearly fucking garbage
>but it's ok
>i'll just tell them they don't get it
>and
>double down
>double down
>double down
>double down
the perfect plan :^)

>Time signatures
You really don't get it

It's not that weird of an album but I never found any rapper with a voice that low and beats that relaxing
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ht8FlJjdBJY

I'm really hoping for someone to prove me wrong

look at all this delusion. sad!

Why are you so mad? Please read this:
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/mu/thread/S70909695#p70910207

closest I've found like it myself is LA Priest - Inji

That's some really generic music man

Then what's some other music like it?

name similar albums then?

I'm not playing your game buddy, sorry.

Damn, was just about to post this

also the rest of their albums

here you go

please let me not be right, this is much better than both big black and shellac for me

WRONG

This genuinely is one of a kind, but I'm not sure if it's great or not.

of course it's great have you ever heard music meme at such a high level

How could you not think it's great?

he hasn't read the Scaruffi review yet

I think it's more likely he hasn't heard it

Tbh, I'm just kinda hoping someone will post something similar.

basically a Cocteau Twins ripoff but with synths

I have the perfect thing for you, but only if you respond to

I mean, that album is so varied it's impossible to find something similar on all fronts.
That being said, if you're looking for something similar to I Was a Prisoner In Your Skull or The Beautiful Days try this

Kid A

Oh, I have. Disturbingly beautiful.
Should probably check more of Current 93, the only other thing I listened from them was Soft Black Stars and I liked that one as well.

I would actually be so happy if someone could prove this one wrong. Best country album

In terms of the idea of deconstructing music, though a different genre, half Japanese - 1/2 gentlemen/not beasts does that well

I don't disagree. But in my mind that doesn't make it good.

>You do acknowledge what they experimented with and what they achieved? If there's something to get, that would be it.
Please explain. The only things I really know is that Beefheart was a cunt who physically and mentaly abused his bandmates into memorizing his bullshit. And frankly, based off how emotionless the instrumentation feels when I listen to it, I can tell that nobody but Van Vilet and Zappa wanted to be there. The other thing I know is that it was recorded in around 6 hours, aside from the vocals which were dubbed in later. I get that there was experimentation with splicing in the riffs that Van Vilet was writing and shit like that. I've read up on it. But I still feel like it's vastly overrated and it feels like nothing but the ramblings of a godamn madman.

That album is literally attempting to be derivative. Are you stupid?

808s and heartbreak

someone give me something like pic related, literally no hip-hop album i've found sounds anything like it

edan - beauty and the beat
somehwat similar maximalist production

Give examples you fruity tooty

drake - Views
beyonce - Lemonade
solange - A Seat at the Table
kendrick lamar - To Pimp A Butterfly
chance the rapper - coloring book
kanye - life of pablo

nope

My dad literally taught my music theory as a teen.

he's got a point

honestly theres's nothing really like this

Love this album, but this isn't anything entirely new.
Great psych rock, great melodies and effects but it still draws so much influence from the beatles, as their first album did, which leads me to think it gets more boring every time I listen to it. Still, it doesn't tarnish the sentimental value I have for this album because its wonderful.

You can dig through other Doseone projects (people like Deep Puddle Dynamics) but I've been there, done that and cLOUDDEAD is pretty much on its own.

this

Kevin didn't even listen to The Beatles

Dean Blunt - Black Metal

please help i've listened to all the live recordings of it

literally all the other neofolk c93 albums

thinking fellers local union 212

lol

big black

RIP Snakefinger
the first step towards the residents getting bad

bon iver also did a electronic album

give me some poetry/lyrics, i'll read them next to my fridge so you can have an album like that one

This will always be posted in these threads, I will always want an answer.

what is this a response to

jefre cantu ledesma - love is a stream
a lot more to the ambient side of things but it has a similar style
also spc eco - sirens and satellites

ooh definitely got some blonde vibes. this sounds great. thank you, def will be checking this out.

the depreciation guild has a couple albums that sound like that
maybe ulrich schnauss?

quit projecting

Huh? Did you even listen to it? Just because Grimes has a high pitched voice like Liz Fraser, it doesn't mean her music is a ripoff of Cocteau Twins. Where are even Robin Guthrie-style guitars? Name a Cocteau Twins song similar to Eight, Oblivion, Circumambient, Be a Body and Genesis.

It shows.

Built to spill dude cmon

It's great user. Not many things as affecting as Alife and Little Red Robin Hood.

Uchu Nippon and Kuchu Camp are somewhat comparable

Todd Rundgren - A Wizard, A True Star has some songs on it that are pretty similar

I've found things that are somewhat similar, like the Goslings but nothing I've found has the same sound.

Honestly, Van Vliet was a child prodigy sculptor, he quit music in order to be taken seriously as a painter. I don't have the acuity to examine his music theoretically; but he took a style (50s rnb) and changed it to a point where it was unique. When I listen to his records, I'm not expecting theoretical revolutions. But in the context of pop music, he made discordance work. I feel like if I looked at his scores, I wouldn't shit my pants like if I had looked at giant steps. But most pop artists try to go for a unique timbre, or sonic profile, than create songs around discordant intervals. Also his lyricism is surprising good. Like, better than Dylan for sure

Every part of this album.

Specifically the song Trilogy. Not even ELP had a song close to this one. Beautiful melancholic piano intro, that starts rising in intensity to show how much of a virtuoso Emerson was, and then that synth break. A monster of sound that was the moog, no one ever used the moog like this. The synth solo cuts like a hot knife through butter. Try and request a similar song.

youtu.be/Xr4Zi_BQZeI?t=152

Full album (Warning: god tier) youtu.be/epJ03N31MYk?t=1

I think these two share a spiritual kinship with Astral Weeks. Few songs, in a long format, with a jazz inflection. Although I do prefer Happy/Sad over Lorca.