Okay. I am 19 years old and I just realized I had my fingers on WASD and arrows wrong my whole life

Okay. I am 19 years old and I just realized I had my fingers on WASD and arrows wrong my whole life.

Index finger: W and S
Middle finger: A
Thumb: D and Spacebar
Ring: Shift
Pinky: Ctrl

Nobody showed me as a kid so I just played.
I can't re-learn it's impossible.
Am I retarded?

When I want to go right I just switch middle finger to W and index to D.

that just means you are gay.

pinkie sticks out = gay

Well done this is the most fucked up shit I've ever seen on here op

How the fuck did you ever move right and jump at the same time?

How do you hold jump and right at the same time tho?

Like you guys do. See

When I want to go right AND jump*

That's what it was supposed to say

Well if you are just gaming for fun / own enjoyment then don't worry about it man. Otherwise maybe you don't need to change your hand position but change your keybinds (maybe). People have made unconventional stuff work. Kerp played in League of Legends LCS with a trackball mouse. There was a guy in Russia national team that played with the keyboard on his lap in Overwatch. Just do you bro and own it.

hey if it works, do your thing fam.

How did your hands not cramp up really bad?

I'm actually getting close to GE now and just got Champ in RL yesterday. Also, I don¨t know about the keybinds. How'd you change them?

Now when I think about it... I don't know myself man...

Well I hope you will be able too retrain yourself without too much trouble..

I tried. I honestly tried but it's impossible man.

I know this isn't the same but two months ago I used 4 fingers too type. Everytime I tried too type I would make errors and slow downs from touch typing. But fast forward too now I can type 70wpm.

Anyway by that I mean that challenges aren't overcome by giving up.

I mean I am not giving up, but it's just... It feels uncomfortable as hell man. I don't even know if it will be better afterwards. I am pretty comfortable with it.

Well if it works for you why change. But I'm assuming that this is making gaming more difficult then it should be and that's why you want to change.

Ranks don't mean anything. Are you actually looking to improve and/or become pro player or just playing for fun? You can play for fun at a "high" rank. I assume by "GE" you meant Global Elite but "Champ in RL" I can't figure out. I mostly play only Overwatch nowadays. Just to add I'm pretty certain that your hand position (especially if you have played years with the hand positon) won't hold you back even if you want to become pro.

I am a tryhard and try to improve any chance I get. I'd love to be a pro but I feel like I'm too old and there's wayyy too much to improve. I mean there's a 13 year old kid that wrecked our team on faceit.

RL meant Rocket League :)

It doesn't matter how you do it, it is the results....if you slap your dick on keyboard and get more kills than anyone else who cares?

That's true

kys

Champ isn't that bad...
Im trying to change to the controller right now and I suck a lot couse its very different. But Handling in Air is much easier.
(Btw Im the same rank like you)

what mmorpg s do you guys recommend?

how the shit

you saw the fucking pyramid of basic movement keys and decided to only put fingers on TWO OF THEM

that makes sense. It was always extremely uncomfortable to press ctrl

Then maybe switch the hand position but don't try to fix anything that isn't broken. The hand position alone won't hold you back IMO. And if you want to go pro in a game you need to want it bad, don't dick around and play some other game on the side. You need dedication and put ridiculous hours into games to be pro nowadays. If you slack you can be sure that there is another guy practicing. And if you are serious about getting better always look for opportunities to play with people better than you. Never play with worse players even if they are IRL friends or online friends

I am doing what I can. I have a bunch of people better than me I play with

kek

fucking retard