Do people actually enjoys this chicks music or is she just another meme here like Vincent. Her pitch is horrendous

Do people actually enjoys this chicks music or is she just another meme here like Vincent. Her pitch is horrendous, ..
I thought she'd be good since she gets good reviews but fuck I can' t deal with her whiny chalk scratching voice.
She's like a female equivalent of Danny Brown.

Here's a reply. Oh and kill yourself.

(You)

>he thinks music has to sound good

It's a niche style of folk. It's not for everyone it's only natural that there are people who dislike it. That's okay you're entitled to your opinion.

>ywn be that chair

Just kill me now.

Are these supposed to be serious replies.?
I guess her general music and song structure are fine, it's just the voice that kills it for me. I don't see how anyone can listen to that voice for minutes at a time

I'd rather be the toilet she poops in desu

>I don't see how anyone can listen to that voice for minutes at a time
We know, we know. We have this thread everyday. She's still great.

Maybe they enjoy her elaborate lyrics and the instrumentals of her music. Shame that her voice is so annoying. She should hire Grimes as a singer and make a duo.

any more pictures like this?

I used to think the same as you. I first heard her when I saw Sapokanikan on Youtube. I was like wow - people can listen to this?

I bought Divers anyway and listened to it. After a few listens her voice really 'clicked' with me and now I love it.

Then I ventured back in her discography to Have One On Me which has become my all time favourite album. Ys also ranks very highly in my mind.

I still haven't come to grips with Milk Eyed Mender because it sounds like she is trying to sound shit, I know that is unfair of me to say but hearing her later stuff I know she is better than that. I know Peach Plum Pear has a lot of love but her voices actually hits a nerve in that song

I listen to HOOM, Ys, Divers at least once a month, I have since seen her live and my only regret is not having discovered her sooner.

Although as it turns out I did know one of her songs, Sprout and the Bean, as it was on a TV ad for visiting Melbourne about 10 years ago.

She's the greatest artist of our generation. Take it back, you worthless loser.

Nobody actually likes her music on here, they like her because she has a fat yummy ass they want to bury their dicks in.

why is it so hard to find pics of her yummy ass? literally the same few pics and then nothing

Girls don't poop!

Not true for all of us, I just want her to sit on my face

then what are their buttholes for?

you know what they're for

They're purely vestigial!

um so pooping then?

>Her pitch is horrendous

literally the quickest way to tell that someone has no idea what they're talking. She very rarely, if ever, sings off pitch or off key. She has a slightly unconventional timbre and uses some weird intonation occasionally (which is the result of her intentionally mimicking the Appalachian folk singers that her weird hippie parents made her listen to).

If you don't like her voice then that's fine, but she's a classically trained musician and is practically unparalleled in pure songwriting talent nowadays. There are plenty of reasons to look like her music beyond just being a meme or her ass.

is that Poppy? i like Poppy.

she's my fucking idol when it comes to vocal performances

>there are use blood-soaked pads in this smelly garbage bin
NGHHHHH

Joanna Newsom has amazing voice control. Just watch some of her live performances. She's got some mad mouth skills.

delicous

this post sums up joanna newsom fans

all waifu fans really. they've become a scourge.

you just know

she's not that great live desu either, at least from what I've seen on Youtube

Of course people love her music. She's the best songwriter and lyricist of this century. Even when I wasn't a fan of her voice, I could tell that she was incredibly talented.

Her voice will grow on you the more you listen. Her pitch is perfectly fine, it's the timbre of her voice that is a little odd.

Never ever compare Joanna Newsom to talentless guitar hack St. Vincent. Ever.

*sings higher than OP is used to hearing*
>Her pitch is horrendous
Joanna's voice is a pleb filter desu

Lets be honest, musically and album wise Vincent shits over Newsoms work.
She's from talent-less. Just because you can play the piano doesn't make you deep and insightful

>Just because you can play the piano doesn't make you deep and insightful

Of course not, but having a learned yet acutely intuitive grasp of music theory that you use to write varied, yet cohesive 17 minute songs whose lyrics are rife with literary allusions and show a masterful control of form that you generally only see in poetry tends to hint towards someone being "deep and insightful".

I actually like St. Vincent, but I'm fairly certain that even Annie herself wouldn't consider herself to be in the same league as Newsom on a songwriting level.

This. Just the instruments Annie played on her debut album:
>vocals, guitars, bass guitar, piano, organ, Moog, synthesizers, melodica, xylophone, vibraphone, dulcimer, drum programming, triangle, percussion

Annie > Joanna, no doubt about it.

So what? Do you imply that more complex is automatically better? Joanna sings about sweet nothings, you're just impressed by some nonsense lyrics. I don't care if she knows more music theory than Vinnie if her music is so boring.

No I'm not implying complex is better, but you implied that there was a lack depth on her behalf and that's blatantly not true.

Her lyrics are obviously not nonsense, and equating a lack of sonic experimentation to being "boring" is ridiculous. I don't know how you could possibly listen to something like Only Skin or Kingfisher which has so much fucking going on both musically and narratively in the lyrics and find it "boring".

Do you call Mozart boring too because he didn't make his viola players use a pedalboard?

THICC

she's an acquired taste, get over the voice and you'll realize what you're missing.

their voices were what initially drew me to Joanna Newsom and Danny Brown and rank high among my favorite things about them
the first time i heard Ys i didn't even realize there was a bunch going on musically and lyrically, i just really liked her voice

Ys is perfect

Stop crackposting.

>Moog, synthesizers
It's literally the same thing
>xylophone, vibraphone
Easy to play as long as you aren't using four mallets
>drum programming
This is not an instrument
>triangle
lmao

She basically know how to play guitars and keyboards, as well as a little bit of percussion, like a lot of other musicians. It's not that impressive.

Sometimes imperfection makes perfection.

anyone else listens to "go long" and get really sad that it is probably about that dick in a box guy and nobody will write songs like this about you?

I appreciate her voice the way I appreciate Young Thug's voice

>her whiny chalk scratching voice
I never made it past 30 seconds