Is French cuisine overrated?

Is French cuisine overrated?

Not saying it´s bad, but I don´t find it any better or worse than other European cuisines

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/cities-with-the-most-michelin-stars-in-the-world-2016-12?international=true&r=US&IR=T/#8-san-francisco-usa-46-stars-11
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I do think macarons are overrated

I agree. Danish, Austrian and Italian is better.

What exactly does French cuisine even consist of?

Butter

butter everywhere

Snails and frogs and butter

Too sweet. Why girls and gays like this shit?

ae Budder and uhh eggs and aeeee mirepoix

Last month I tried an eclair and it look quite good on the outside and tasted quite OK.
But again nothing that´s better than other desserts

>t. br*ton
You're an embarrassment to our country.
French cuisine is varied since France herself is varied. "French cuisine" is just exported Parisian cuisine. Some parts in the east are quite close to german cuisine for example, while in the south east you find more vegetables and fish.

shit with butter

Non, il a raison.

Saying that French cuisine is overrated and not noteworthy is like saying the beatles are an overrated, not noteworthy band. French cuisine defined what european cuisine would become, like how the beatles defined pop music.

it doesn't really exist. Each regions has it's own cuisine.
"French cuisine" is the invention of parisians discovering the local cuisine.

yes and ancient Greeks defined literally everything.

modern Greeks suck at literally everything

kek i also wonder

Considering they pretty much defined haute cuisine, I don't think they're overrated. More that a lot of others are underrated.

I think they're way too sweet in isolation, but it's actually pretty good if you eat it with unsweetened tea.

they dont you bitch

not in greece

>Not saying it´s bad, but I don´t find it any better or worse than other European cuisines

This, Scandinavian cuisines are at least as good

>embarrassment to our country.

lel.

>french
>embarrassment

pick two.

Yup, really if Michelin didn't exist French cuisine wouldn't be rated as highly, but because of the Star system supporting French restaurants they appear to be great

>Even though Michelin hands out more stars to Japan
>And that's not even getting to per capita, in which case some micronations take the cake
Nice try m8

Asia is a totally different beast that the frogs don't think they compete with, plus they handed out a ton to establish a footprint there.

Compare it to competing neighboring cultures like Italian and Spanish. You really think the only great restaurants in Rome are French?

*autistic screeching*
man just b good

>I don't think they're overrated. More that a lot of others are underrated.
This.
Also for what I read here, most of people seems to don't know anything about french cuisine.

>Also for what I read here, most of people seems to don't know anything about french culture*

I am greek

nah it's really fucking good

Said the 40% albanian shithole

>You really think the only great restaurants in Rome are French?
Nobody thinks that, but Rome isn't that great if we use Michelin standards.
businessinsider.com/cities-with-the-most-michelin-stars-in-the-world-2016-12?international=true&r=US&IR=T/#8-san-francisco-usa-46-stars-11

Even if you assum Paris is in third (third!) place purely due to bias, you cannot explain away that London and Berlin are multiple places above Rome.

Also, Michelin stars don't say anything about what kind of restaurant gets their stars. An Italian restaurant in London can just as easily win a star as one in Italy. Pretty sure London and Berlin (and Paris too) have some star-worthy Italian restaurants.

Michelin stars are a travesty to mankind and inflict more harm than good. We will never forgive the French sons of bitches for including us in their faggot system

Again, they gave the Japs a ton to establish themselves on the market there. Not to mention the French don't see asian cuisine as a cultural threat, it's too far off and different. They see Italian, Spanish, and Greek food as cultural threats.

Michelin doesn't have stipulations on what gets stars but the overwhelming majority of 3 star places are French bistros. You are far less likely to get 3 stars (or probably any) if you're Italian or Spanish fare.

Thank fuck crowdsourcing review sites have started to erode them slowly but surely. Less and less people give a shit about michelin and they can hardly get established in a lot of US cities now.

I think you watch too many movies

"no"

>La Durée
Overrated as fuck.

Yes.

Just like their wine.