So I just bought Spiderland today

So I just bought Spiderland today

I think my copy's possessed

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Spiderland-SLINT/dp/B0000019HU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487482666&sr=8-1&keywords=spiderland
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All seriousness does anybody know why the artwork is mirror flipped? There's no booklet, it's just a single photo. The other side of the cover is the tracklist. I can't find any information on discogs or anything; I've never seen Spiderland with the artwork flipped like this.

post a pic of the inside

That's it. There's no pages to the booklet, just a front and back

Mimi pls you're spookin me

its a misprint, actually very common

Reverse the disc.

ok now flip the disc over

Maybe this is one of the first cds of it made?
Or that, although i find it kinda weird with the whole female vocals add and KY address. That's odd to put on a bootleg.

Probably earlier copies of the CD were misprinted or something.

Common for this album, or common in general? Discogs doesn't say anything for any of CD listings

That is the top. Pic of the text in the center to prove it

Play the CD, that is were we are supposed to get to the spooky stuff

Attempt to transcribe the small etched print onto your post.

Well it says 1995 on the disc. So I guess it's just one of the '95 reissues of it with a misprinted cover.

common for that album
amazon.com/Spiderland-SLINT/dp/B0000019HU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1487482666&sr=8-1&keywords=spiderland
the cover art for the album on amazon is actually like that, and i know several people that have copies like that
misprint =/= bootleg

well the normal version does kinda seem like the writing was an afterthought so maybe youre onto something

dude youre rich

© & ℗ 1991 touch and go records tg64cd © 1995 neatly folded music (bmi)

Holy. Shit. Can't believe I'm seeing this. I had a misprint of this back in the early 2000s and I was going through some personal shit at the time and had a nervous breakdown of sorts along with some humiliating spells of addiction. Long story short, I got superstitious/paranoid as hell and would see that sitting on the shelf at 4am and eventually couldn't take it anymore. I ended up moving a couple states away and got rid of a bunch of shit including a ton of music that I dumped off at some record store. Anyhow, I'm long over with that time of my life and this won't haunt me or anything of that nature. Just quite stunned to see this posted...

Isn't this just a bootleg?

What does Tg64 stand for?

Touch & Go I assume. Idk what the 64 means

>the whole female vocals add and KY address
That is what was actually on copies of Spiderland. The band were seriously considering recording with a female vocalist, but nothing ever came of it. Supposedly PJ Harvey replied to the ad.

>the cover art for the album on amazon is actually like that

user I was all buckled in for some hot spoopy action over here, dang

the label catalog number i.e. the 64th album released by the label

Touch and go 64.
The hell would you touch a disc for aside from movement.

Huh really? Didn't know that, that's kinda cool.

>The hell would you touch a disc for aside from movement.
wut

i bought the spiderland limited box set a few yrs back. like 3? never opened it. could i sell it for much?

the documentary is sick. watch it if u wanna gain sum insight on slint

I sometimes touch myself and cry.

lmao

I actually had a possessed copy of this album with the "misprint" cover. I remember listening to the album once and waking up in the hospital the next day. Apparently I had somehow burned my own house down without knowing. This album ruined my life, get rid of it.

Albini got ya.

Albinied

nice and epic

Not even joking.
Ever since the house burned down I've been diagnosed as schizophrenic and I drink so much I might have dementia.
This album fucked me and I just wanted to warn you.

and you drank back then?

How alcohol is legal but pot is illegal is beyond me. I've never almost burned my house down on weed but last month I blacked out on booze and woke up to the smoke detectors. I got damn lucky.

a strange thing happened to me as well after listening to this album with the flipped art.
my headphones got all fucked up after i was done listening; the sound only comes out of one side...

cute

I once listened to the inverted Spiderland, and then I suddenly started creeping up into the sky, that's when I realized, I was abducted by Aliens

I didn't drink much back then, this is a new development I picked up to deal with trauma and depression. According to my last few living relatives I should go see a shrink or try some antidepressants. Weed could work but I have no fucking clue how to get my hands on most illegal narcotics.
Ha Ha very funny
that was sarcastic.
I feel I had to type it out because I don't think assholes can read very well.

I thought you were memeing. Sorry that happened bud

Please no more memes you're scaring me