I dont understand the hate this guy gets on this board

I dont understand the hate this guy gets on this board.

Wether you agree with him or not, unlike all his predecessors, he doesnt just say stupid fucking "current jokes" but actually offers a very interesting serious insight in political matters.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Sy52OXSVQqc
youtube.com/watch?v=iAgKHSNqxa8
youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I T S
2 0 1 5
P E O P L E

IT'S THE CURRENT YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAR

Come on, 2015 I mean seriously come on 2015

He's alright. I prefer the episodes where he talks about issues like dams in disrepair and shit rather than shaming a presidential candidate based on their heritage.

>smarmy affirmations of my opinions are high comedy
I hate people like you with a passion, no matter what you believe.

I heard a lot of shit about him but was pleasantly surprised when I checked some of his videos. I came back around to disliking him after watching his Brexit one. It's a shame how that one seems to be so far bellow the discourse quality of the others as he just resorts to name calling and fear mongering to criticize anyone on the Leave campaign. I guess reporting on Donald Trump created this bad habit among journalists and now they think they don't have to present anything in a fair light if it goes against their personal opinion.

Because Sup Forums are full of kids and if you meme something hard they will adopt the meme as an opinion because teens find hard to think for themselves

I kinda had a feeling it was just meme kids hating him. Thanks for proving it

BUT POL SAYS I CANNOT ENJOY THIS LEGITIMATELY FUNNY SHOW!!!!!!1 :(

POL WONT LIKE THIS!!!

it's not funny

COME ON! I MEAN REALLY! IT'S 2016 PEOPLE! I MEAN SERIOUSLY! COME ON!

Have you heard of this idea of the "meme", the selfish idea that propagates itself at the expense of other ideas. One strategy for a meme is to be easy to fill an entire vector with its presence, that is, to entirely drown out all ideas. Other meme propagate by setting themselves up to be indispensable. It's a bit like horizontal or vertical integration. End of lesson 1

This is reddit
This is memes
This is reddit
This is memes

>interesting serious insight in political matters.

Kill yourself.

Le echo chambers XD

His BREXIT episode was spot on and conservitards are just assmad cause they cant refute any of his points.

IT'S 2016!

the face of the eternal anglo

Dude he says fuck a lot he's just like me

He's tolerable, not my sort of humour or format but I don't hate the guy.

I think it would be a better show if he took a slightly more neutral stance on topics, obviously he can have an opinion but he seems to go too far and doesn't really present balanced points.

I understand the meme magic of being political on Sup Forums, but I'm honestly surprised how much genuine journalistic research his team manages to produce on subjects most channels wouldn't even think to report. I like his show even if he is a SJW BOOOGWOOGIE MONSTER.

>funny

Dude analogies

He's a smug fucking cunt who has nothing relevant or interesting to say. He's basically neo-Jon Stewart, just sucking Liberal cock. And the only reason they eat it up is because of his accent.

He's a hack and a fraud.

>haha people that have different opinions than me are so stupid
>haha that strawman was hella funny
>haha overreacting to other peoples arguements
American humor

Really? C'mon America it's 2016! Not doing X is like the exact same thing as Y!

C U R R E N T Y E A R

regardless of his politics I just don't think he's funny

this

I'd throw in that it's pretty shameful that he handled the Orlando shootings pretty tastefully while O'brien shat the bed and called for boogeyguns to be banned.

DUDE LONG-WINDED ANALOGIES LMAO

NOT LIKING MY SHOW IS LIKE A TURTLE ON A SKATEBOARD, IT JUST DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE! GET OFF THE HALFPIPE FLORENCE!

1.DUDE REPUBLICANS LMAO
2.profit

I can't tell if you made up that last part or it's a quote from an actual episode

To be fair, Republicans make it really, really easy.

Dude these 30 something iraqi war criminals are totally the same type of immigration that built america

>GET OFF THE HALFPIPE FLORENCE!

whats his deal with Slovenia?

>I guess reporting on Donald Trump created this bad habit among journalists and now they think they don't have to present anything in a fair light
He's not a journalist tho. More like George Carlin but not funny.

Look at his very interesting political insights, wow really makes you think

youtube.com/watch?v=Sy52OXSVQqc

>Portrayals of our common humanity, citizenship, and morality are what’s missing from today’s me-against-you political satire. Moore and the Maher–Oliver–Colbert gang are only interested in assigning blame to their American opponents. Thus, contemporary political satire has become both self-flattering and hate-filled. Such polarization defies the idea that we all share a polity. Moore uses satire dishonestly, hoping to achieve small-minded ideological power.

youtube.com/watch?v=iAgKHSNqxa8

Hands down his best show so far

Who the fuck listens to a british-faced COMEDIAN regarding politics?

Maybe he is just a ploy to document every person that has subscribed to him so that when WW3 comes out it is easier to find those people and genocide them

>letting people who think London is an ideal society comment on American politics

No he's just a paid propagandist and not a talented one for that matter.

This.

Its very formulaic and idiotic humor. Embarrassingly bad on the level of big bang theory.

Some of the subjects """""seem""""" well covered but there's a fair amount of manipulation. He's no more reliable than any other main stream news.

Based.

That Ode to Joy song was fucking awesome.

BEADY

Based on his comments, what are past examples of good political satire?

Hi! I'm a liberal!

DUDE STRAWMAN LMAO
DUDE BASELESS ACCUSATIONS LMAO
DUDE ANALOGIES LMAO
DUDE OVERREACTING LMAO
DUDE REPUBLICANS LMAO

this man is a joke, and the fact of his popularity shows how influenced people have become by the mainstream media

you will literally see people parrot what this guy says word for word thinking it has an ounce of credibility without an actual thought from themselves. god help us.

2 0 1 6

it's all agenda driven.

every fucking segment.

Britbong here.
Thanks for keeping him and James Corden off our screens and on yours instead.

My top three conservative comedians:

w-wait one second... d-did you just say you have an opinion that differs to mine..? TO MINE!?

IT'S 2016!

>serious insight

people like you should have their voting rights taken away

Sup Forums can't tolerate people who don't agree with them.
They are emotionally reactive in a way only manchildren can be.

They were triggered by the Saarkesian episode. The reddit/Sup Forums response to him hasn't been the same since.

I wish he'd tone down the comedy parts though.

>liberal unfunny twat pushes his political opinion as fact

>disparaging someone based on heritage

>I DEMAND TRUE OBJECTIVITY.
>ETHICS IN GAME SJOURNALISM
kill yourself

2 0 1 6

How is that any different than your average news consumer, no matter their political leanings?

>people I disagree with shouldn't be allowed to vote

john oliver does not present any facts. he makes the opposing view point seem like such a joke that it can't possibly even have a shred of truth even when it's the right thing to do.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME"

welcome to 4CHANREPLUBICANS

Speaking of the current year, the last episode of Keit-ai has been released.

youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic

Is Sup Forums finally free of Keit-ai?

great post reddit

how many upboats do you think you can get on it?

I just don't find him as funny as Stewart/Colbert were

This guy's such a fucking shill.
I watched his Brexit video and even he couldn't really come up with any good reasons why Britain should stay in the EU aside from "Just do it!"

The Great Dictator, Mon Oncle, Dr. Strangelove.

SHUT IT DOWN
H
U
T
I
T
D
O
W
N

The liberal rally call

>shilling intensifies
never forget

He's actually funny unlike Trevor Noah, Bill Maher or Wilmore.

Sadly this is what a lot of people are saying about Trump supporters.

What did user mean by this?

It would seem his mind has become an incoherent mush of memes and buzzwords when someone has a different opinion than his

I haven't heard that once.

Sup Forums told me not to like him

it's the same as SNL's weekend update but with a more liberal agenda

When black science man said that Trump supporters should be left alone Hank Green told him to delete the tweet

>haha people that have different opinions than me are so stupid

this is how everyone on Sup Forums behaves though. especially Sup Forums.

If you're idea of "serious insight" is a comedy routine then yes you shouldn't be voting

They want to stop a man from speaking his political views at a private rally. Liberals are fucking disgusting

Tons of people have been saying Trump shouldn't be allowed to run and BLM has been attempting to shut down his rallies.

REMINDER
Sup Forums is always right
REMINDER

DUDE CONSERVATIVES LMAO

CAN YOU BELIEVE THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO CRITICIZE ISLAM?

I MEAN COME ON!

It's the right of every citizen, even if they're dumb or get their info from comedy or corporate-owned networks (Fox, msnbc, whatever). That's how a republic works.

His content tends to be good, but his jokes are fucking awful. Makes him feel like a smug cunt and buries the actual discourse he has to offer:

>So (serious issue a) is happening, but for whatever reason, people aren't acting appropriately
>That's like (something that doesn't go with politics) mixing with (something else that doesn't go with politics)
Audience fucking loses their minds.
>I say! I say! Those two things do not go together!
More laughing
>They do not! It's 2015, people!
Clapping

Because he is considered liberal, and that triggers people here.

>tfw most non-retard leftists hate john oliver
>tfw people only like him because theyre retarded and think british people are smart/civilized

Pretty much. I never understood how someone's political alignment could trigger someone so much.

If you claim to be a liberal or conservative you're pretty much retarded

correct, and like a typical twatty knowitall liberal' he thinks his opinion is fact

Shit use of dubs
kys

More like the fact that people like him have invaded liberalism is offensive.

I want you British to leave the EU. Your poisonous neoliberal Cancer infects the very essence of the EU.

I wonder where that tumblr meme of "brits are sooo smart and sophisticated" came from

They perpetuated it themselves because they have nothing left to offer society.

>Because he is considered liberal, and that triggers people here.

Not really. I watched plenty of talk show hosts in my lifetime, all of them which are pretty Liberal. Difference is that they were tolerable and funny and a lot of their humor was apolitical. This guy on the other hand is more forceful, smug, and opinionated. He has no clue on how to land a joke and his recent stunt that the EU is a good thing with his shitty tastic teeth grinning about was so fucking cringeworthy. Hope my Britbros across the pond get out of that shitheap.

He wouldn't trigger me that much if he was an American. But to come from the UK to the states and do a smarmy, holier-than-thou show where you preach your yuro libcuck stance on a country that you're not even from is ridiculous.

I couldn't finish his Brexit video I saw online. Basically he calls anyone who is for Brexit a racist and says that Britain should stay because Obama, The EU, and China want UK to stay in the EU.

He is the poster child of liberalism:

Find the worst case scenario for a story he is covering and masks it as the reason why something is completely wrong

SJW regressive leftist who attacks/diminishes other view points on the grounds that its racist/sexist/homophobic/intolerant without back up.