IIT: movies where charachters go to the cinema!

From now i got this:
- Taxi Driver (1976) Dir: Martin Scorsese
- Heavy Traffic (1973). Dir: Ralph Bakshi
- Goodbye Dragon Inn (2003) Dir: Tsai Ming-liang

If you got a capture, post it!

Blazing Saddles, Pee Wee's Big Adventure

The Long Day Closes

>ywn have your boss hire a call girl for your birthday

thanks m8, if got a capture post it ;D this thread can end in a interesting thing

lion king 3

Vivre sa vie
What Time Is It There?
500 Days of Summer
Amelie

The Departed.

Donnie Darko counts I think

who framed roger rabbit

one of the Scary Movies has that stereotypical black person at a horror movie scene. Can't remember which movie it was though

american werewolf in london

scream 2?

I think it's the first right? The killer doesn't end up killing her, she gets killed by the rest of the audience I think

I just looked it up and it's Brenda from Scary Movie 1 watching Shakespeare in Love

Last Action Hero.

The Green Mile

Goodbye dragon inn was such bullshit.
Might as well have been watching paint dry.

The Outsiders

Cape Fear.

12 Monkeys

The Shawshank Redemption. A prison cinema counts right?

Public enemies

the postman

i think so

Inglorious Bastards

Cape Fear

Jarhead

every time i watch a movie or tv show and two characters go to a movie (or the opera) and start having a whispery conversation it bothers my autism so fucking much and i can't empathise with the cunts for the rest of the movie or tv show

Almost every single good film has either a character going to the movies, a character who's a writer/director or some other reference to cinema.

Directors and writers can't help but to put movie references into their films because that's their frame of reference

Holy Motors!!! awesome movie btw

expatiate more dear user

scream 2's opening scene is a black couple at the cinema watching Stab 1 or 2, where the killer sneak murders the girl while everyone else is pretending to stab each other

an actual movie about going to the movies

A Clockwork Orange

There's a french movie of Pialat I think where a kid go to the cinema, but can't remember the name

KINO

technically Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, if you count the scene where they're watching the drive in from another parking lot

obvious choice is obvious

max cherry goes to the movies on his lunch break in jackie brown

Cinema Paradiso
that mr Bean movie with Willem Dafoe

Twelve Monkeys
True Romance

South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut

he doesn't ''go to the cinema'' he gets fucking brainwashed

you on candid camera, also hannah and her sisters

Gremlins 2

In the Mouth of Madness.

Hugo

We' went to the movies often. The screen would light up, and we'd feel a thrill. But Madeline and I were usually disappointed. The images were dated and jumpy. Marilyn Monroe had aged badly. We felt sad. It wasn't the movie of our dreams. It wasn't the total film we carried inside ourselves. That film we would have liked to make, or more secretly, no doubt, the film we wanted to live.

The Last Picture Show
Barry Lyndon

Chloe got so unbelievably ugly the past few years

Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master

The Blob

Interview with a Vampire. Brad Pitt. I think he goes to the movies twice, once in early cinema and again later he's shown walking out of Tequila Sunrise.

Inglorious Basterds

Notting Hill

The aviator
King kong

they're watching the original Evil Dead
fucking great taste

Except obvious choice is Midnight Cowboy.

2001: a Space Odyssey