Interesting take on the zombie genre

Interesting take on the zombie genre...

youtube.com/watch?v=HjGkB_oWTe0

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/2016/02/22/467392750/the-girl-in-the-title-more-than-a-marketing-trend
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Since Romero's Movies, the zombie movies haven't innovaded

I feel like I've already seen it.

If by "interesting" you mean good enough for teenagers and retards then yeah I guess you're right.

>its an adaptation of a young adult novel set in a dystopian near future, featuring a young protagonist and some B+ actors in supporting roles
>it has """"""""""""deep"""""""""""" messages and themes

do they make them in a factory somewhere?

The brilliant innovation of "hey maybe if the zombies actually were a threat they'd actually be scary?".

Don't get me wrong, it elevates above the entire genre, but it didn't really innovate anything.

Yawn

They should stop making zombie shit for 20 years. It's exhausting

What a retarded concept.

Fucking Warm Bodies was a better idea.

Running zombies finally.

Seems like it'll have the same ending as The Last of Us where they can create a cure or vaccine but they'll have to kill the kid and the adult won't allow it even though the child is willing to sacrifice themselves.

>WB
lol no

It's basically just a serious version of Warm Bodies? which sucked btw

So they cast a black girl as the protagonist in the most overplayed genre of fiction in the past 5 years? This movie is going to do great.

Technically, they're not zombies, because they're not undead. They're just infected humans.

*tips fedora*

It's the same shit everytime

Must be a surefire hit with focus groups

The idea that the infected only become violent when hungry is kinda interesting.

I might watch.

WE WUZ ZOMBIES N SHIET

Pretty interesting looking movie, I might give it a try when it comes out.

WE WUZ ZOMBI BUSTAZ N SHIEEET!

I'll watch it for Gemma, but...

>zombies
>interesting
Everything that can be done with the subject has already been done. There's nothing of interest left to milk out of it's bloated corpse.

I am working on writing a far-future "utopian" society novel with an old man and an autistic robot as the protagonists, but I've recently decided to adapt it into a near future dystopian novel with a younger trans protagonist because I know it will sell lilike hotcakes.

I have the novel in my tablet since last year...i might start reading it now.
The trailer was pretty cool...also Gemma...

This is clearly children's story, but with all the bloody headshots and shit it looks a bit violent to get away with a PG-13 rating. Who is the target audience?

innovative were maybe Warm Bodies and Z Nation

dr. frankenstein was right all along

>black girl called a white women the most beuatiful women she has ever seen

pottery

huh
really makes one think

This.

Zombies just need to be relegated to backdrop set pieces while better genre takes the front. Like the world has a zombie apocalypse yet everyone has gotten over it to the point where no one really pays the zombies much mind while they go about their lives. Only somethings end up changing, like picking up extra zombie rounds of ammo at the local gas station.

Think like Napoleon Dynamite + zombies, but no one really cares about the zombie, but there might be a scene where some kids are bored so they go plinking zombies in a field for a bit.

pedophiles

I don't understand why people always rehash the same old zombies, when they could go full ham and have Resident Evil/House of the Dead style bio-weapon monsters/zombies that actually pose some threat.

Because the zombies are always some retarded allegory.

>I don't understand why people always rehash the same old zombies

read books and play vidya. books will always be the bastion of great ideas that might not appeal to the masses at the moment. film, and to a lesser extent vidya, will always be beholden to the astronomical cost of production and current demographics, meaning that accountants will be looking over your zombie bio-weapon idea and saying, "Well the ages most likely to view this movie wouldn't like the graphic gore unless this is a horror movie, but zombie horror movies really aren't in this season... Hmm. Romcoms sell well, did you see zombieland? how about we take out the bio-weapon angle and...
>tl;dr he wants zombieland 2; with vampires and it should be rated pg for the 13 y/o girl audience

welcome to hollywood.

only mildly related... does anyone wish for a break on movie monopolies? like i get it, who wants to be a shitface actor outside hollywood if they could be in hollywood, being famous and making fucking money, but jesus. imagine in the future when movies might be able to hold a candle to comparable media.

Thought the book was pretty shit.

Also, the infected kids are pretty much dead like the others and look dead like the others. They're not supposed to be normal looking.

It's all some cordyceps fungal infection taking over. The immune/intelligent children are offspring of the infected. Little girl burns up a huge city sized spore thing to release the infection all over the planet because she realizes old humans are old and busted, second generation fungus humans are new hotness.

>It's all some cordyceps fungal infection taking over
So this is just an attempt to beat The Last of Us movie to the theater?

>zombie movie
>obligatory character who either gets themself, or others killed because they can't accept that their loved one is a zombie and no longer human

Make the robot to be a transmechanic panelectronic demiwireless

npr.org/2016/02/22/467392750/the-girl-in-the-title-more-than-a-marketing-trend

>The Last of Us movie

I'm honestly not sure why they're making one

There's no way it'll tell the story better than the game

Was there a real operatorkino zombie flick? I want to see that.

The closest you get is the one Dolph Lundgren is in, "Battle of the Damned."

It is shit.

>have been urged by various professional people in their life to put the word girl in their title

There's a lot of other shit like this they try to force on you to put into your works, sometimes flat out refusing to publish if you don't add/change it to suit it.

Remember, all forms of entertainment media are merely a vehicle for social propaganda.

making zombies run defeats the purpose of them being zombies. You could literally replace the "zombies" with disease infested animals or just about anything and it would be the same movie. The point of zombies is that they're like inevitable walls of death slowly closing in on you.

>inb4 military guy was right all along despite movie trying to make him out to be a dick

>literally, LITERALLY just The Last of Us; book written after The Last of Us came out, movie getting rushed out before The Last of Us adaptation
>le POC girl lead
>all the men are just brutish soldiers that put a hamper on the intelligent women's plans
>her deciding to infect the rest of the human race so the intelligent infected can rebuild society is an incredibly transparent allegory for miscegenation and the goal of "ending racism by ending white people"
Into the trash it goes.