Ausfag thread

>ausfag thread

Why is Australia such a backwards shithole? America is a bit of a joke ATM but at least they're progressive in a lot of areas. They've just legalised weed in several more states, it's not even a conversation here. Gay marriage has been legalised there for a few years now, we're still at least 3 years off. On top of that, our internet is a total fucking joke, and Donald Trump is basically a hippie when compared to Pauline Hanson and Malcolm Roberts.

Other urls found in this thread:

australianhempparty.com/page/cannabis-laws
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Weed legal in the ACT for at least 20yrs for personal consumption. Retard.

Source?

Yeah I can find anything on that. Faggot cunt.

Australia is slow to do anything new, this is both a blessing and a curse. Overall I think we are doing pretty well, even though we spent all our mining money on luxury cars instead of infrastructure....

I think it's a curse mostly. We were in a position a few years ago to really improve our economy during the peak of the mining boom but absolutely fucked it up. I love this country but its inhabitants are mostly fucking idiots.

Not legal at all, just decriminalised. Just for small amounts most states and territories give you a slap on the wrist by way of a small fine.

australianhempparty.com/page/cannabis-laws

Australia is as backwards a shit hole as the UK and the US.

We wound up with Tony Abbot as PM recently and the likes of Kevin Rudd. (They are both shit, really).

Australia has problems, but there's good things about Australia too.

1. Medicare
2. A reasonable minimum wage (this has pro's and cons, but compared to the extortion of the US, it's significantly better).
3. Gay marriage will still happen (eventually) but was stalled by TA, and politically such things move slowly. I believe it'll happen sooner rather than later though... it's just a shame there are so many hicks holding it back. Labor is likely to push something through the Senate in the near future, and with Xenophon and the Greens, there'll be the numbers to push it through. I'd put money on a few of the Libs crossing to make the vote too.
4. Yes, the internet is a joke.

Trump isn't a hippy though. He is a narcissist, and a potentially dangerous one... but he'll be forced to tow the party line.

As for Pauline Hanson, she is a very vocal minority who frankly has no idea how the real world works (like Trump!) but also has zero business sense (unlike Trump).

Baby boomers are protecting their wealth and buying up all the property, they elect politicians that allow them to protect their assets above all else. We just have to wait for them to die

>Caring about weed in Australia

Fuck off cunt Australia has thousands of more pressing issues

>Caring about Pauline Hanson and One Nation

Nobody takes them seriously you dumb cunt, get outta here

>Fuck off cunt Australia has thousands of more pressing issues

Sure. But weed legislation can be done in less than a week if we wanted to. Plus you could tax the shit out of and that would help solve the various economic woes this country faces

>Nobody takes them seriously

Oh but people do. They were elected, obviously people take them seriously.

Australia is fine and gay marriage is irrelevant you fucking poof

What I'm unhappy about is how we're constantly cucked by the chinese but it has its benefits at least

Internet is shit but I blame Turnbull for that

I wish anabolic steroids were made legal or at least legal for possession when using for self.

Sick of injecting roids from dubious sources...sigh.

What do you mean "cucked by the chinese"? I don't understand people on the internet anymore

Do you ever get tired of being an angry dickhole?

Not OP but the chingchongchinamen are buying all our houses and driving property values through the roof. I suggest the government introduce a foreign buyers tax that's stops these yellow cunts owning up our shit.

im not angry OP was bitching about how he hated this country but it's really not bad
are you a chink lmao

chinese people are making houses in sydney so expensive young people have to move further out
there are also other areas such as education that they're flooding, and seeing as how most of them can barely speak english it creates a very bad atmosphere

dozens of other reasons but the gov just lets it happen because it creates growth, sadly at the cost of the comfort and life quality of young people

Yeah, I'm paying excessive rent to a chinese investor atm. The company that built our unit is also dodgy as fuck, have to live somewhere though...

meanwhile gays are complaining they cant receive a piece of paper while others can

i swear some people have fucked up ideas of what's important

I agree with you that the housing issue is far more important but allowing gay people to get married would be relatively easy and not have any real drawbacks. It's a backwards thing to do but if you solve all the superficial issues only the real ones will remain.

We're not quite as bad as you think and America is worse than you could imagine. They're progressing in some areas yes, but the NRA has just grabbed Uncle Sam by the balls, and Trump's looming presidency is already destabilising the country.

I spent some time in the US and it seemed literally everywhere I went people were dropping casuals warnings about who'd shoot me.
>"If you're walking on the property, don't cross any fences. The neighbours'll shoot you on sight."
>"oh if you go into the gas station with your hand in your jacket pocket like that you'll have a gun in your face before the door closes behind you"
>"yeah my first night living here the next door neighbour shot his girlfriend's ex between the eyes... if you need sugar ask the guy who lives on the other side"

I think it's awesome they're legalising weed and marriage equality but that is still one backwards place. We'll get there with both of those things, Hanson will embarrass herself out of politics again and maybe we'll get a decent politician as PM again one day.

>are you a chink lmao
Do you ever get tired of being a dickhole though?

No btw. Convict criminal scum here.

yup, know some people who have doubled their house value because of chinks, fucking ruining sydney.

>if you solve all the superficial issues only the real ones will remain.
And that's why they like to draw out these superficial issues as long as possible. Solving the real issues would direct some focus on our economic elitist politicians.

Fuck off Greenie scum.

And yet our most kickass politician is Penny Wong

build a wall like the cool kids

Wong, Ludlum and Xenophon are our most kick ass politicians.

The Chinese beat us to it

dude its fantastic if you own a house

if you're a young australian who's just starting off though, you have leave

hence sydney just becomes more and more asian (in the nice areas at least)

Tim Watts is good too, look out for him

oh defintely, know family who built a house for just over a mil, sold to some chinese for just shy of two and a half mil. if they come to queensland with the same idea punches are gonna be thrown

I just find life a lot easier not being a dickhole to people. I guess it's easy for me because I don't have a bunch of dickhole opinions about gay people, and I'm not racist so I can talk about the problems with Chinese investors without coming across as an intolerant dickhole. So I guess I was just wondering if you literally can't help but be a dickhole?

Wow we have four decent politicians? It's sad that I'm actually a bit excited about that lol

It usually takes a special kind of cunt to become a politician, is it any wonder the good ones are so rare?

Haven't been progressive since the 70s here m8.

On the other hand , we have a far lower incarceration rate for weed. People smoke, the legal system just doesn't give much of a shit really. It's fine.

This is true, we don't imprison people for smoking weed thank fuck

gun control in the 90s was rather progressive, but otherwise you're spot on.
Whitlam's corpse could draft better policy than today's major party politicians.

If you ask me it's because the big two parties (Labor/Liberal) keep getting elected. If we got in a minor party, it might kick off an age where parties actually have to do shit the people of the country want done. That'll improve the country and provide actual competition for the government instead of the big two just being like "yeah nah cunt we'll just get back in next election"

wong for PM

She'd have my vote

yeah for sure. her or tanya pilbersek. she seems like she has more integrity and spine than shorten.

I agree with that. It's almost happening to a degree in that the major party's have been forced to deal with a bunch of independents because they were the only ones listening to the people. So that in turn SHOULD be forcing the major parties to shape up - but they're just doing their usual shit.

I'd like to see a system of government where instead of each government picking who in their party is going to be environmental minister, transport minister etc. who only cares about the short term - we have the best qualified person in that field fill that position. So like, a leading environmental scientists serves as environmental minister, with no alignment to either party. Then maybe they'd just do their job and we wouldn't waste so much on bullshit policy and spin doctoring.