How come I can watch The Phantom Menace so many times yet I only want to watch The Force Awakens once and then never...

How come I can watch The Phantom Menace so many times yet I only want to watch The Force Awakens once and then never view it again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uQ3SPmmHKps
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because you already watched A New Hope making Force Awakens unnecessary.

Because George Lucas is based as fuck

>How come I can watch The Phantom Menace so many times yet I only want to watch The Force Awakens once and then never view it again?
..... because you yourself made said decisions....?

that aside, Lucas may be crazy (surrounding yourself with yes-men and attempting to make a prequel trilogy does fall onto the crazy spectrum, in my books) but he did study ethnomethodology under Garfinkle: so he knows how to fuck with people's heads -- what you, and others, find so magnetising in the prequels

Because TPM is kino and TFA is a quip-filled children's movie.

>.....
>.....
I realize you THINK you're intelligent, but you're not.

Because you watched A New Hope more than Phantom Menace.

the prequels are so fucking entertaining

because TFA is shit

Because TFA is a pleb filter kino

>I realize you THINK you're intelligent, but you're not.
please explain
I don't understand what your IMPLYING, IMPLYING means -- in this context.

here
forgot to add this; I don't consider myself particularly intelligent, just offering my opinion

Did you first see TPM as a child?

TPM is entertaining as fuck, also it actually feels like its a part of a larger universe.

TFA on the other hand is bland as fuck, and it somehow managed to make the Star Wars universe feel smaller

I made an experiment, Sup Forums.
I watched this shit 32 times.
32 fucking times.
I wanted to know how people can like it, and I had time to loose.

And i understood. This movie has something more, but also something less. It's a lot different from the other SW movies (i didn't like any of the others movies, but I was disturbed by this one), but it adds a lot more things.

TFA is a good movie.
Admit it. It has its flaws, but it's a good movie.

My non SW fan ranking :

IV>V>VII>VI>I>III>II

Also, I would say that it's more rewatchable than the other ones.

I've came to a point where I like this movie, and I know I'll rewatch it.

You're right honestly, I can rewatch the prequels, I have zero interest at all to watch TFA again

>Watching some shitty capeshit movie 32 fucking times
What the hell is wrong with you?

Here let's just run a quick test.

Because it's unforgettable reddit trash.

You claim to not be a star wars fan yet you watched it 32 times? You need to stop lying to yourself mate

I wanted to know why some people liked it, and I had time to loose.

Throw yourself off of a cliff you waste of oxygen.

I'm not a SW fan, I just had time to loose
(I ended up liking that movie)

And that's, like, his worst Star Wars.

/thread

Does this look like someone with a soul? There's your answer.

saw TFA twice, once on release day and once a month later. I fell asleep in the cinema on the second watch.

I thought this piece of shit prided himself in being a major star wars geek.
Kevin Smith would have made a better star wars than this ass clown.

TFA is a well crafted, soulless piece of merchandise.
Phantom Menace is a failed attempt of telling a genuine story.

Because Darth Maul is cool and Kylo Ren isn't. Because Qui Gon and Obi Wan have good screen chemistry. Because Sebulba. Because the floating blue jew. Because "now this is podracing", "woooo whoooo".

Honestly, because it has better characters that actually make some fucking sense.

TFA stars two characters that were written like absolute dogshit, no real villain, no good fight scenes, TRAITOR. Mostly because you can't care about the dithering nickelodeon nerdy black friend or teethette, the girl with absolutely no personality or screen charisma.

This

>Darth Maul is cool

You have to go back.

I probably would have like Kylo Ren if he wasn't an obvious insert for /pol9k/ and prequel fans.

He is a demon who can take on two jedi at once and one of them was obi wan, one of the best duelists the jedi had to offer. He only beat him by surprise. The final saber fight is the best in the entire series.

Nostalgia mixed with good film making the movie had (sets, special FX, score etc).

TFA is just a shallow cash in that doesnt do anything original nor does it push a new industry standard in the technical aspects.

The prequels fault along with Lucas autistic decisions are what they are but i seriously believe that "his" Episode 7 would have been more memorable for better or worse.

I would have preferred to live in a world with lucas autistic Episode 7/more Clone Wars Seasons/Lucasarts popping out 1313/Battlefront 3 along with a new Jedi Knight

first comment nails it... every time.

They showed him way too much and there was no mystery. He had no real motivation for hatred. He is an incredibly weak villain. They also showed his vulnerability too much and teethette bested him immediately. Movie was dogshit.

>The final saber fight is the best in the entire series.
youtube.com/watch?v=uQ3SPmmHKps

Yeah, that's how you make a fight fun. They took a note out of Rocky's handbook. Rocky's fight made no sense, but it was fun to watch. They fired the actual boxing choreographer.

Actual swordfighting is fucking boring to watch. Watch a bushido or fencing match.

The real reason Kylo sucks is that Dark Side users are supposed to be threatening and ominous. Having him be the underdog goes against what makes Star Wars in the first place.

You didnt enjoy the hurr duur we have a deathstar 100x the size of the old built in secret and gets destroyed even faster then the old with no tension subplot?

I'm pretty sure making the villain an underdog is a major faux pas in story telling in general. At least is if you're trying to paint him as an irredeemable shit stain.

An obviously pathetic villain can work but in Star Wars it's especially out of place. Remember how ANH starts? The Empire is seemingly invincible, with the Death Star and Vader. Even in the Prequels you know Palpatine is on top all along.

They have an opportunity for dynamic characterization though. They can make Teethette evil and Kylo good in the next movie and redeem the new series. Plus Jew Jew Abrams won't be ruining the next one. Hopefully they'll kill off the nickelodeon nerdy black friend as well.

>They can make Teethette evil and Kylo good
>kill off the nickelodeon nerdy black friend as well

The SJWs would shit their diapers if they did this.
They see this as "their" star wars.

>Luke tells Teethette that jedi can't have relationships, they always lead to pain
>I am your father
>Why did you abandon me, Dad, you're the worst
>dark side lures her in while she's vulnerable
>nerdy black friend tells her it's wrong
>you don't understand me!!!
>she kills him in anger
>#sunkcosts she has to stay evil now and blames Luke for her killing him
>Ren is reminded of killing his dad
>Ren runs back to Luke and begs for redemption
>Luke and Ren try to turn Teethette good again

Fixed the series

>Punished Ren
>a sith redeemed

THIS

Because PM had long lasting memes. Force Awaken has two memes which are already getting stale.

I would pay to see this.
Liberal media would shit itself.