/got/ general

sportsball edition

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hb_Y5cRtji4
youtu.be/YXpPOyVizcE
youtube.com/watch?v=Wez-63P7OHA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Azor Jon

All hail His Grace, Azor Jon of Houses Stark and Targaryen, the Prince who was Promised, the Son of Ice and Fire, the First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.

muh total war 2 knowledge!!

I hope the real Euron with blue lips and an eyepatch comes to shore and kills the pretender.

big dicks in your ass

Niggers

You just know

other thread

>i thought the body pile was historically accurate and it totally happened because dabid said so in inside the episode

Please post thiccque Emilias

More like TWINK EDITION

That's a cute pic.

First for Dragons are fucking awesome

Game of Thrones director said they couldn't afford to have both Wun Wun and Ghost at the Battle of the Bastards due to the cost, along with the dragon-heavy scenes earlier in the episode.

Oh but you fucking idiots had no problem shoving a ton of really expensive filler scenes featuring Dany's dragons this season? Didn't think that maybe you should cut one or two of them to create a few short shots of Ghost alongside Jon?

reckon they've knobbed?

Reminder that nowhere in history does it say corpses DON'T pile up in a battle and anyone saying otherwise is very, very stupid.

I miss ramsay

>i'm so fucking smart guys!

They're ALWAYS together, they look like good friends.

the show was better when it had a lower budget

the larger the budget became for this show, the shittier it got

How can they have all these money problems when their show is so successful?

>7 feet high
>Exactly where Ramsay wanted
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

kek at the people jumping off the other ships

Because the bastard thread maxed out first.
proper thread backlink

Everyone is going nuts about the cinematography of the latest episode.

Has there been an episode of GoT that had better cinematography?

Post your reaction when you saw this literal 10/10 cringe scene played by a bunch of virgin neckbeard extras.

>HUUUHUUUHUUUU

who you talking to?

they obviously should've just ran around them, GENIUS.

Regardless of whether it was completely accurate or not, is it such a big deal? It was kinda ridiculous but it was plausible enough that you could dismiss it and keep watching.

They also couldn't afford a pole for Wun Wun, because timber ain't cheap.

Thats because paper and ink were expensive, and no one was stupid enought to even think about it has a military tactic.

Bran is definitely the bottom.

Reminder no where in the bible does it say God DOESN'T have a massive 10" black dick and anyone saying otherwise is very, very stupid.

>the "flop" thread got filled
>the "trueborn" thread died

glorious

dabid did it because 300 did it

This frustrates the hell out of me.

They said in the lead up to this season "this is the biggest and best season ever! it's everything we've ever wanted!"

But then after every single episode we've heard the excuse that they just didn't have enough money to do xyz.

>if there's a 10 feet high bodypile and an enemy in front of you, instead of fighting where you are you both climb up on top of it to add more bodies to the pile. that's how war worked and if you disagree you're just a total war 2 player

Bets on whose tits we see next episode?

They're not money problems, they're money targets

Remember, kikes are running the show at all levels, it's just a shame they're not talented kikes

Yes he is

>10/10 cringe scene
Why? It did feel odd to me but I wouldn't call it that

>isaac pretending to be into sports

nice try

youtube.com/watch?v=hb_Y5cRtji4

>i was a fookin legend
what did he mean by this ?

>the pseudo-intellectualism of this post

Branthread rises
Branthread falls
Branthread rises again

why is it cringe? why are they virgin ? what you talking about?

Huh, there were two threads at the same time, explains why it felt kinda slow

Fuck off, retard

Yeah but the dragons in this ep were flying around and burning ships.

It was no foubt a big and very expensibe scene.

AH FOOKEN LEGEN

branthreads bestthreads

Yeah, I don't understand why these guys are making such a big deal over it. The show is already pretty fucking shit. I don't think debating over realism applies to this show, seeing all the stupid bullshit that happens, such as Ramsay's Teleporting Dogs.

He's a catcher

it looks comically bad. worse than that is it became PART of the battle, that's the worst part. the pile of bodies became a tactical part of the battle.

just reading that sounds like something out of the three stooges. a 15 foot high wall of dead bodies being used to encircle men... just ridiculous

>those are sarissas
what the fug

Can garuanteed the vast majority of them are in better physical shape than you'll ever be :^)

You realise the bible is fiction, right? Way to prove his point, stupid.

Bullshit.

>watching the preview
>Jon to Sansa
>"we need to trust each other, we have so many enemies now"

Wait...didn't you just crush your key enemy, and his army as well?

Don't you now have WAY less enemies than ever before? And you've got the support of the Vale, something you didn't have earlier either.

Wait you guys aren't just forcing drama into a situation that doesn't require it are you? This show surely wouldn't do that.

Why would the piles form up there?
Why were people fighting specifically in THAT spot and not right next to it?
Why would anyone climb up a body pile to fight?

And more importantly :
WHY WERE THERE NO BODY PILE IN ANY OTHER BATTLE ON THE SHOW?

After every other battles on the show it's just corpses all over the place. Sometime 2 corpses high, but no pile anywhere. I guess the "make sure you die on the body pile" strategy is a recent thing in Westeros?

kek

>mfw melly will bring ramsay back

Sansa offers you her pussy if you'll poison Jon for her, do you do it?

It's been a pretty good day. I've popped in and out several times throughout the day, and the only non Branthread I saw was the last one. But there was a simultaneous Branthread along with it.

>Hear me roar
What did they mean by this?

There is a lot of misconception about battles and how they played out.

First of all there is one thing you all should know first and foremost: No one wants to die.

If a man in a battle can preserve his life, he will do it. If a man in a battle can choose a safer option, he will choose it.

In reality, the cavalry on both sides would never clash like that. it's ridicolous. The horses would turn, and the men would turn too.

Cavalry was used on routed enemies and archers, using it head on doesnt work. Horses, like men, don't feel like dying. No matter how trained a horse can be, if he is heading against an object and he sees a clear path to either side, he'll take it.

Now, infantry formation. Same shit applies. Not a single man would willingly climb a "body pile" to put himself at massive risk doing it.

And third, most of the casualties happened when one of the sides's morale got too low and start running away.

When two well armored sides "clash", few people die. But it's a snowball effect.

If you see the men in front of you dying, you start panicking. You don't want to be there, you want to get the fuck out. And most of the time that is exactly what happened. It was the job of very charismatic commanders to regroup his men and make sure they don't run off like headless chicken.

This is one of the reasons the Romans were so effective. Their soldiers were properly drilled, they new discipline, they knew how to behave and keep calm.

In a real battle, momentum is king.

>his face when he sees a big erect cock

They're pikes, why are you calling them sarissas?

Isn't ghost still at castle black?

Because the pikeman simply walked in a circle around the wildlings and they didn't do shit about it.

And those pikes were simply too long to be used for that purpose. Phalanxes fought other phalanxes, they weren't shield walls. When pikes are so long they are unweildy. When they are that close they can be snatched away or deflected with no injury to the defender.

Finally, Wun Wun's momentum should have been more than enough to break the line and the wildlings had an out.

Where my Branfu bros at?

JOOOOOOOOOOOOON
YOU DON'T KNOW HIM
HE RAPED ME
THAT'S THE WORST THING
ASK ME SOMETHING
FUCK

He's inside several dogs now.

Best character desu.

Rickon :'(

the counterweights on the end

No but they'll soon introduce a character called Cramsey Crolton. He's a real bad to the bone guy who's a bit of a psycho and likes torture.

It's like when ""physicists"" get triggered about errors in sci fi movies. It's not actually a big deal but because they know better they think that means it's some gargantuan flaw.

in a heart beat.
I don't like jon anyway.

LOTR Edition

youtu.be/YXpPOyVizcE

tl;dr

Go back to Total War, you fat autist

No I have to disagree, it was not plausible at all. It was utterly jarring. A massive immersion breaker.

this

How the fuck did he get an apple exactly? No way in hell apples grow that far north, and the time it took for one to be transported from a place that they DID grow, wouldn't it be rotten when the best they have is ships and horses?

How long until Tyrion makes a joke about Theon having no cock?

No, that's Euron.

Why didn't they burn any of the other ships

Never played total war, i just know more than you all that's all.

You should be glad you got to read such an insightful comment. Thank me instead, will you?

not as immersion breaking as the cavalry that seemed to ignore the laws of physics

>ASK ME SOMETHING

c-can you describe the rapes in details?
for s-strategical reasons?

GAZELLE Edition

youtube.com/watch?v=Wez-63P7OHA

Yep.

>pikemen fought other phalanxes

uh, pikemen can fight pretty much anything. it's called a pike block. pike blocks and cavalry is what alexander the great did. he'd hold enemies in place with the pike block and get his cavalry to flank them

the only reason the romans fucked up macedonian phalanxes is due to mobility and uneven ground. pike blocks like that are essentially impossible to attack from the front

What is he trying to convey with this?

Good post. I realise people are just sooking it up saying "hurrr just learn to enjoy things bro" but lets be honest;

A massive amount of Jon's forces were made up of Wildlings. Wildlings are not drilled, They're used to raiding, not meeting another force in the field and charging in any sort of formation.

I find it really hard to believe that the majority of the Wildlings weren't massive cowards when watching hundreds of their fellows dying in the middle of a field in open battle.

These people are supposed to be all about survival. Dying for a southern lord is not survival.

I expected Davos and Tormund to have to deal with a tonne of cowardliness, but apparently not.

"When the sun rises in the West and sets in the East, when the seas go dry and the mountains blow in the wind like leaves, when my womb quikens again and I bear a living child, Khal Drogo will return to me"

The "Sun" is Sunspear/Dorne once Danny brings the Doom to Dorne
The Mountain dies
Seas going dry is once danny has all her ships you won't be able to see any water

Showfag who has never read the books, prove me wrong

Well Karstarks and Umbers aren't exactly on good terms with Starks.

Also where the fuck are the Manderly's? They're a big house in the North and I don't even remember them being mentioned.

They need to trust each other for the wars to come.

Against the Crown and pretty much the entire South who don't like an independent North, against the Freys cause they hold Tully land and helped kill Robb, and the Walkers, and any Northern Houses who might be scheming and obviously aren't the most loyal.

They were only focused on one enemy before to take things one at a time, now they'll be facing them all

I think Grey Worm and Theon will become best buddies