/prod/

Guitar is dead edition.

Useful info/resources: pastebin.com/pYGCLu6q

Post your stuff on clyp, no Soundcloud self-promotion, and remember: there was no previous thread and all anons are one samefag.

Other urls found in this thread:

clyp.it/cx1y2mll
clyp.it/gy1d05de
youtube.com/watch?v=EqKt1533_RM
youtube.com/watch?v=2lXD0vv-ds8
clyp.it/gbbreutu
clyp.it/iz3hk5kf
clyp.it/p21goxmx
clyp.it/4l1yifwp
clyp.it/ef5cxujv
clyp.it/furqwrsx
youtube.com/watch?v=8uZEVIputp4
youtube.com/watch?v=_017ctQIH8A
youtube.com/watch?v=oFDuB8oaC4s
youtube.com/watch?v=e48PX64PDZs
clyp.it/3m1dt3gj
clyp.it/zx5rbvpd
clyp.it/mq5xg13g
youtube.com/watch?v=khX_VLa3POw
youtube.com/watch?v=hBlbLgl5WDs
clyp.it/nexqcz5h
youtube.com/watch?v=CJuxI3Zo7jM
youtube.com/watch?v=XALLZHKnS_U
clyp.it/1cfockwb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

guitar will be fine- guitarist is dead tho

okay, posted this on the old thread but didnt get anything due to tall the autism going on there

clyp.it/cx1y2mll

>170bpm something

danke

sounds like its at 85beats

it's half-time

what difference it makes, idk

clyp.it/gy1d05de

What do you guys think of the song I just finished up?

I'm sure ppl itt must be sick of this question, but it's a technique that still eludes me...
How the fuck do you make that FlyLo / Brainfeeder / LA beat-style synth sound?

e.g.
youtube.com/watch?v=EqKt1533_RM
or
youtube.com/watch?v=2lXD0vv-ds8
>3:23

Like, it's a supersaw with multiple voices, right?
Or a saw and a triangle?
And then what - a pitch envelope slowly detuning it up or down?
And it must be a 9th Chord of some variation

But every time I try to recreate it in any synth it always sounds flat/empty

What am I not seeing here?

I recently realised that despite liquid drum and bass being one of my favourite genres I never really make a lot of liquid dnb tracks!

So today I tried making one
clyp.it/gbbreutu

Tell me what you think anons.

I found this on the official ableton forum

>I have run the test. Their is an music industry secret. I have Proof!

>Listen to the ableton track on Youtube. (the track that they use to advertise ableton)

>compared to the track first track you have, the first time you logged into the ableton program.

>(for those who dosnt have this track, try reinstalling ableton) Listen to the youtube one(wich is mastered by pros) it must be same volume and now listen to the Ableton one the first time you open Ableton Program after install. Notice anything?

>Well i do !the youtube track is more thumpy, and compressed, it reaches another level of overall volume .

>while the one that opens in ableton the first time after install sounds good , but not even close .

>So fuck what you guys heard. Their is a music industry secret they dont want ous to know about..

>All that money wasted on tutorials, all that time reading how to mix and bla bla bla, everything is misleading , you already know how to mix, you just need to know the right poeple in the industry or get the secret from them. and this is the truth

I read it three times and still can't get his fucking point, but I'm afraid I'm wasting my time

>the youtube track is more thumpy, and compressed, it reaches another level of overall volume .

I don't know what the fuck they're moaning about - they've already worked out what has been done to the Ableton demo song after the mixdown stage. No secret there.

Here's the last track I worked on, any suggestions? opinions?

clyp.it/iz3hk5kf

Any suggestions on how to sort a bunch of synths? I was thinking a shoe rack from ikea but I can't find a good one.

superglue them to the wall

Thanks.

Use wood screws into a 2x4. Mount 2x4 to the wall with picture hooks

>clyp.it/cx1y2mll
Definitely doesn't sound 170bpm, but I dig it. Main synth could use a little more body, but that lead that comes in around 1:30 sounds great.

I bit more leads could help fill the sound out, but it depends on where you want to go with it really.

>clyp.it/gy1d05de
Sounds great, only thing that stood out to be was around 2:30 I feel that the vocals could be a little louder in the mix. What did you use for the lead guitar at 1:20? Sounds very Pink Floyd.

I think I heard a mistake around 0:24 as well, but could be wrong.

Sounds like a sawtooth and some fairly aggressive filtering. Might be a bit of square in there, I'd have to get my synth out to hear it out.

>clyp.it/gbbreutu
I listened to it a few times. You've got a great sound going. The bass drum stands out a bit though, it sounds a little boxy with a bit of flub in the trail. Other than that the piano and bass both sound fantastic.

Closest I ever got to making DnB was years ago. Found a clip. Sounds terrible lol.
clyp.it/p21goxmx

--

I want to add vocals in some parts to this but don't want it to get super crowded. I know I'll have to relax the brass a bit but is there anything else I should do to keep the general sound the same. Pads, leads low in background, etc?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Old clip is first. New one is second, but I'm not really happy with how it is sounding so I'll probably go back and change a lot.

clyp.it/4l1yifwp
clyp.it/ef5cxujv

Any advice on finding singers to work with? I'm living in a studenty area so I thought it would be easy finding people up for it but apparently not

Sound pretty amazing. Composition and production-wise. Mix is very pleasant, but a little quiet though. Still, everything in the mix sits well and flows great. Every instrument and the vocals sound top notch. Great job recording everything, bravo!

Anyway this is a very nice rock ballad (I think). Would buy your album dude. If it was a little louder I might have mistaken it for a professional track.

Oh, you're the disco italo guy, right? I remember listening to your stuff a couple months back.

As for the songs, they sound a little thin I guess? I'm not sure if that's what they're supposed to sound like within this genre, but I'd at least add some more stereo width to some of the tracks, like the pads.

>Oh, you're the disco italo guy, right?
Probably isn't me, I've posted that clip a couple times but it's my first time posting in ages. Even then it was usually stuff like this:
clyp.it/furqwrsx

>I'm not sure if that's what they're supposed to sound like within this genre
I'm shooting for more of a Toho style (the particularly Japanese sounding stuff) sound than SEB. That's also why I have the really transient attack.
youtube.com/watch?v=8uZEVIputp4
youtube.com/watch?v=_017ctQIH8A
youtube.com/watch?v=oFDuB8oaC4s

>but I'd at least add some more stereo width to some of the tracks, like the pads.
Yeah automation is on the to-do list. I'll try adding in some pads later while I'm doing it and try and widen the sound up a bit. That should help compensate for the low end as well.

Thanks. Just need to work out how to clear some room for vocals now.

Oh just to add, approaching vocals with a more SEB approach which should be easier to mix in.
youtube.com/watch?v=e48PX64PDZs

clyp.it/3m1dt3gj

i like that reverse thing and the juno ish lead

thanks. It's actually a remix of this anons song well at least the start of it

Lead guitar around 1:20 is a telecaster run into a Goodsell custom 33, but through a leslie simulator much like gilmours tone, most of it is in the hands desu

I have the loudness pushed quite a bit, I think I'm on the limit of what I can get from a home master, thinking about sending it off to get professionally mastered! But thanks my man! This was our first shot at real drums, lots of layers in this stuff

clyp.it/zx5rbvpd
I think the vocal bit is a bit too cheesey. I just really loved how it sounded with some spoken word behind it. I should have probably a chosen a sample that seems less consequential and less pseudo deep or something

the guy just sounds confused to me he even says the youtube one is mastered

How do you guys feel about Nexus?

Been listening to a lot of Sam Gellaitry lately and I think he uses a lot of soundsources from it.

nexus has some good sounds but theres no way in hell id ever pay for it

The synth in the first video has a lot of upper harmonics, there is probably 8 voices, plus a second saw wave oscillator one octave up

Just face it, you'll never be famous.

You aren't special, no matter what your mommy tells you when you finish showing her ur shitty track and she has to lie to stop you from killing yourself.

You will never be a rockstar, you will never pioneer into new genres, you will never get the cars, the money, the women, or the attention.

You will never have young girls getting wet when they are in your mere presence.

But it's not like you had a chance to begin with? Martin Garrix went to an elite school of musicianship and has been producing for over 10 years, and he's only 20. At 18 he was touring the world, fucking bitches and getting money for producing child's play, whilst you fail to produce a musically coherent 4 bar loop.

There are 1000's of producers like this, child prodigies just itching for a chance to show off their amazing work, and you honestly think you stood a chance? No, you don't even have the intellect required to be a producer, so even if you "grind"(cringe) you will get no where and will never finish anything.

By all means, keep feeding money to Native instruments and cymatics, but keep in mind your going to have to work 9-5 for the rest of your life, and probably put in a few extra hours a week to pay back your debts.

>inb4 Martin Garrix is bad.
No, as he gets more pussy than you and i'd prefer to listen to his shit over anything you have the courage to upload and call "music")

>inb4 "I just do it 4 fun xD"
You don't, stop lying to yourself. You secretly want to prove everyone wrong, but think people can't see through facade.

mmm, delicious pasta

2 threads in a row lol what a rich and fulfilling life you must lead

projecting so hard i need popcorn

>Telling the truth is projecting
Okay, kid.

telling the truth about yourself,maybe lol

I'm not triggered because I literally just produce music as a way to procrastinate and explore my sexuality

>making gay music

go to bed, you have middle school in the morning

faggot

>his music isn't good enough to masturbate to
D R O P P E D

>Using anime

No wonder why you masturbate to your music and not have sex to it.

>let me tell you all about getting laid, i post pastas on Sup Forums!
lol

i literally cringed when i read your post

kys weeb

clyp.it/mq5xg13g

Tried to make some super chill shit.

Intro and build up is too slow. Add those hi-hats and sound layers in sooner.
That synth melody needs to repeat more, the time between each of it is too far apart.
You should keep the same rhythm, keep some of the same notes, but change up the notes. Keep the same amount of notes, keep the same rhythm, but just change up the notes a little.

Your snare rhythm isn't so bad.

Overall, it could use a little more sound effects like the stuff that comes in around 4:15; add a little more body to the piece.

Why are niggers so good with rhythm? How do I get good rhythm?

you dont wite boi

Stop being a little bitch and get gud bitch boy what do real niggas do smoke weed everyday aye nigga are you smoking weed probably not why you're so fucking unreal you're such a little bitch ahaha like shieeeeeeeeeet nigga

>whyte boiz don't have rhyt-

youtube.com/watch?v=khX_VLa3POw

that was awful if I could ban you from posting I would

listen to more rhythimic music
like rap and rnb

bro like right dumb white bois need to pump up their rythm game no what aim sayain aaaaaaaaaaaaah fucking dumb crackers haha shieeet

youtube.com/watch?v=hBlbLgl5WDs
THAS RITE

You've got a great voice man

AYO SO WHYTE BOI U BE SAYINZ BOUT BEINGZ DA JEWIZH N SHIETZ RITE????? WELLZ UR NOT.

Bump

facebook? Go to the music faculty or any music clubs and find people.

What have you ACTUALLY tried doing so far?

>you will never be a black guy trolling jews irl
why even live

it's genetic

clyp.it/nexqcz5h
Thoughts?
sampled from
youtube.com/watch?v=CJuxI3Zo7jM

just got a focusrite 2i2 as my first sound card and i hook it into my ibanez tbx guitar amp.
how retarded is it to hook a soundcard into an amp?
would getting monitors improve my sound quality noticeably and if so which budget monitors would you recommend for a novice?

whichever one looks the most like a noose and then you should fucking hang yourself white boiii THIS IS KANGZ CENTRAL NO WHAT I MEAN

Fav vst company? I like u-he the most but man do their plugins use resources

>1.#J

h-help

ayyyy we wuz kangz in the egyptz and we're kingz now. Whyte women and whyte boiz alike won't worhship rap and "the trap" white boi. ye he gotta get da fuck out da way nigga

>kangz have infiltrated /pg/
YAAAASSS SLAY MY BBC KINGS SLAAAAAAAAAAAY

Yo /prod/ please help me.

I got a steinberg UR22 mk 2

I set up the drivers but when i choose it as my out (literally all thats plugged in is headphones and playing music through a music player (musicbee)) it sounds like the music is in a concert hall or something, not like it does when my headphones are plugged into my computer directly

Ayo white boii have u thought about selling off your equipment buying sum fuking rock nigga thats the good shit make you KANG AFfucking real nigga represent who you reppin bruh nuh wutta I mean

WEZ WUZ ALWAYZ HEREZ WHITEZ BOI. WE CONTROL DA MUSIC BIZ CRACKER, AYY WHYTE WOMEN BE WORSHIPING DIS BBC WHILE LISTENING TO BAD AND THE BOUJEE WITH MA NIGGA KODAK

i dont do drugs, i do math

HOW DO I GET THE BAZZ BANGING, LIKE ON DIS RECORD

youtube.com/watch?v=XALLZHKnS_U

AYO BLACK BEATLE LOOKIN NIGGA REPRESENT NUH WHUTTA MEAN FUCKING WHITE BOIII PROGRESSIVES IN THIS THREAD THINKING THEY REAL AS FUCK NIGGAS DON'T KNOW RYTHM LIKE A KANG WE WUZ HRE LIKE WE WUZ WITH THE PYRAMIDS N SHEET NUH WUTTA MEAN LOOK AT DIS WHITE BOII HE PORB DON'T EVEN GOT A BBC LMAO

nigga yous a KANG you should be able to do dis phaoroah shit buy heart no what i'ma sayain

AYY SENPAI THIS IS REAL NIGGA HOURS, WE BE SMOKING CRACK NOW BOI. MAKE HIM EAT THE SHARD SO I CAN FUCK HIS WHYTE BOI PUSSI WITH MY BBC. NIGGA.

You know, I might still not be very good at producing, mixing and mastering, but in the end - I think I'm not satisfied because my compositions are not good enough.

>recreated basic redbone from childish gambino with random sounds, without any mixing or effects
>still sounds good

clyp.it/1cfockwb

I added 2 more melodic progressions after the original beat (0:25 and 0:51). The bass and drums are the same, I'm going step by step.

How would you compare them and why are they not good enough when compared to the original melody?

Are you using XLR or jack?

>lil white boii producer trying to compensqte for not being fire af
YO TYRONE LOOK AT THIS POOR LIL WHITE BOIII WE SHOULD RUN A TRAIN ON HIS FEMININE BODY DAYUMMM I BET HIS ASSHOLE TASTE LIKE HONEY

how do you record mate?

Ayo homie ignore him what yo ass taste like i want to put my mouth around it and give me a chocolate goatee no whatta i'm sayain son i bet yo pearly ass taste like some real sweet white chocolate gonna break off a couple of pieces of that and tuck you in my sheets for some midnight snacking and sucking yo feminine penis

im using the front one which is for heaphones, i have a mini jack to big jack converter that i havent had issues with before (headphones go into that obv)

Who is Jack?

Are you 12?

Are you Jack?

AYO WE BE JACKING YA CARZ N SHIET AND WE BE KIDNAPPING UR WOMEN AND FUCKING DAT WHYTE PUSSY WITH MUH BBC AYY

try to copy a good groove that you like as close as you can, do that with 100 grooves and then you'll get it too

hey, if it works it works

Image-Line has some amazing plugs

>1#J
o-ok..

Useless thread, I'll try next time...

The sound you're describing sounds roughly like what happens when you misuse a balanced cable by sending stereo audio into it (e.g. the left and right channel cancel each other out, creating a hollow/tinny sound). But it seems you're not using any balanced cables which is strange. What about that jack converter, is it stereo? Also, have you tried turning the mix knob all the way to the right?

>implying we ain't coming back every thread
ya done white boiii I'll be cummin back every time I'd never leave yo candy ass it's tooo scrumptious let me rub my pee pee against your hairy ass pubes and make a fine ass dress out of it for my shaft sandwhich your ass cheeks against my face PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTtttttttttt all over it ya know what I mean homie give me some good wake up call
LONG LIVE /gg/ ALLAHU AKBAR

FUCK OFF RAYCISS, U JUST A MAD WHITEBOI CUZ WE BE OWNINGS THE MEANS OF /PROD/UCTIONZ N SHIT NIGGA

No it's mono and who the fuck is Jack?

>tfw us civilized kangs come and bring wisdom upon the rhythm lacking snow niggers and they complain and don't even know who Jack is
Damn Jerome when will they learn we are the true KANGz of music?

You don't have diva that's why

NOW HOL UP
THERE WAS JACK
N NOW WHATCHU SAYAN
*SMACK LIPS*
IS DAT
HOL UP
THERES A DIVA TOO>!>

Well youtube itself compresses stuff

Shut the fuck up whitey we didn't say you could speak this is a KANG only zone speak the high speak or gtfo

Nice one production wise but you're aware it sounds like pink flloyd Breathe, right