clyp.it/yqnunsjp
youtube.com/watch?v=G9Y5Dhzciyc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Guitar

Mishas guitar collection makes me moist

I'm partial to japanese guitarist sugizo

mim comes in 2 days

>tfw no expensive guitar pile to come home to at night

Just got this today. I now see what owning a Fender means.

>what owning a Fender means

"damn, I wish I bought a G&L instead"

how do you guys get an intuitive sense for the fretboard? i know theory and i can drill scale shapes and stuff, but it doesn't really help me play what i hear in my head.

iktfb

You get so used to playing the shapes of the scale that you instinctively know where to get a particular melody

When you're practicing scales, arpeggios, and licks slowly, sing the pitch of each note as it goes by.

>got a $1000 bass loaded with EMGs
>got a decent class-D 400w head
>got a decent 2x10 cab
>got a compressor pedal
>got a distortion pedal
>got a tube-like overdrive pedal
>still cannot get a decent aggro sound out of the damn thing

There are days like this when I feel frustrated beyond words

>buying all of that when you only need a B7K

b7k is not the sound I want. listen to this, bass kick in at exactly 1 minute mark. disregard the music and just listen to the tone itself. thats crunchy and tight beyond darkglass territory.

youtube.com/watch?v=ulPwCq45MVI

stop dreaming, start playing

and then start dreaming you had anything but a squier

youtube.com/watch?v=nvthw9XZrmw

You guys seen this? It's pretty cool.

If you're really impatient just go to 5:55

Why buy a practice amp when a USB audio interface + decent software will get you way better sound than a shitty Line 6 Spider?

yeah the pickups are weak and the wiring is total shit along with the pots and switch, but the guitars themselves are solid and well made and actually very resonant. With a few mods you can have a sweet little axe that you arent afraid to have stolen or destroyed.

>crunchy and tight beyond darkglass territory
what are you even saying
youtube.com/watch?v=zLEjMW2WsuQ
youtu.be/-w5qFCT6EZY
The only other rig I know of with a fat bass tone uses multiple pedals
youtu.be/B72ZvE6bOOg?t=701

it's well known stuff, and tuning your guitar for a chord or chord progression just throws it out of tune somewhere else.

and no, compensated nuts, dicks, and true temperament bullshit don't do anything to help this. tuning is relative

this is what fags who care about "true precise tuning" look and sound like

youtube.com/watch?v=qRSN2-CF0mo

>those glasses
oddly familiar

these threads are really in the shitter at this point

sage

affinity tele really is an aberration i think
they go for around $200 but they feel similar in quality to american teles i dont get it

holy shit

outside of fret work, rolling the fingerboard, and better hardware there's not a lot you can do to improve a fender guitar

if you get a squire that "feels" like an american you have found a needle in a haystack and there's no shame in upgrading all of the shitty Chinese parts in it

I don't really like his signature headstock, but damn, I want that RD.
I tried an Eastwood, but it didn't feel good.
When the fuck is Gibson reissuing those.

>roland G3K
>burl top
>leds
>sympathetic strings
meme as fuck

they are pretty sick

>replying to bait

The old school ones from 2000 were 24.75 scale with floyds

> mfw she says she likes strats

Hey, I'm new to guitar so I'm learning all the NMH songs for practice and I was wondering-

His guitar on Communist Daughter and Engine doesn't necessarily make a "ringing" noise- it sounds like he's sort of muting it at the end of the chord. How can I make my guitar sound like that?

Either lift your fingers from the fretboard or place your picking hand on the strings

The fuck is Engine?

unplug it when you want the chord to stop

what the fuck is nmh

>Single coils
That looks so wrong

bait or not im objectively correct

NEutral Meme Hotel

it's like a girl cock
so wroong yet so sexy

Okay, placing my hand on the strings seems to work despite the weird rhythm. Thanks.

just play tons and tons honestly. after like a decade+ of playing your ear starts to train itself

Do this Basically pay attention to the pitch of the notes you're playing on the fretboard, that is training your ear

Sup /gg/ am i on the right path for singing?

clyp.it/yqnunsjp

how do i this guitar tone

youtube.com/watch?v=G9Y5Dhzciyc

>2 seconds in
>guitar nowhere near in tune
>close tab

there's no fucking excuse, tuners cost fuck nothing these days

I have a few questions.
1. What would cause a sudden change in my bass's tone? I've been fiddling with the knobs on my amp and my bass's active eq the last few days trying to get a tone I like. Found what I wanted after a while. I unplug my bass and turn off my amp, come back a while later and get everything set up, and I swear it wasn't sounding the same as I left it. Is this normal? Should I switch out my battery? Could it be my amp?

2. How much time sent practicing a day is good for a beginner who really wants to make notable progress after hitting a plateau? I've been playing bass since early november, and while I made some strides at first, it seems like I've stalled. I also kinda lapse back into having bad technique and not being able to keep my hands co-ordinated a while into my practice sessions. Is this all normal? I've been trying for an hour a day split up into two 30 min segments, is that enough?

3.How much of an effect does cleaning your ears after not doing it for a real long time have on your hearing?

4. How important is sticking to fret hand technique as you see it on a lot of these online bass lesson sites? I'm trying for the thumb across from middle finger technique, but eventually my thumb ends up across from my pointer finger as I play. Is this bad? Also, I've noticed it's hard to press two strings on the same fret in rapid succession without completely lifting up the other side of my hand and "levering" off my thumb if that makes sense. Is that something I need to practice out of doing?

2. 10000 hours
3. 10000 hours

I do have a tuner but the guitar is shit its not worth tuning
After 0:30 theres voice to distract from the untuned guitar, put on 0:30

funny song
You get it with a strat's or telecaster's bridge pickup through a bright amp setting

>I do have a tuner but the guitar is shit its not worth tuning
Another piece of wisdom from /gg/

Yeah now will you rate my singing

>I do have a tuner but the guitar is shit its not worth tuning

I didn't even listen to it. That attitude is enough to tell me you're shit

>the guitar is shit its not worth tuning

all those things need hardware wise is one of these wilkinsons
they accommodate both top load and string thru

Sometimes it's nice to not be tethered to the computer

I've owned

>TC Nova Repeater
>TC Flashback X4
>Walrus Bellwether
>Noisemaker Nebula
>EHX Memory Boy
>Boss DD3 & DD7
>Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail
>Earthquaker Afterneath
>Earthquaker Disaster Transport Jr.

Of all those, I still come back to the tried and true Carbon Copy. It's literally the GOAT delay.

Even poor guitarists love to waste money

>USB audio interface + decent software
you can do this????????

>being this pleb
It's one of their best fucking songs

the third verse always used to make me cry as a younger man

What is so good about it? Looking for a delay and was thinking DD7

uh yes, modeling tech has been great for years now, even the free shit

get a behringer um2 if you're just playing in your room, and have your output be a pair of studio monitors or headphones. set it up and find good software (I can recommend if you get curious)

top kek this retard over here

well /gg/?

DD7 is a digital delay, it has a lot more features than an analog delay.

Carbon copy is an analog delay, some people swear by analog.

I prefer the dd7 cause i can do cooler things with it with little effort.

Depends on what you want. I ended up coming back because I wanted a good, warm analog sound with a set-and-forget interface. I can find my setting, leave it, and with some playing dynamics and use of the volume knob it's exactly the delay I need at any time.

Some people like the DD7 sound better, and it's got FAR more versatility at the price point. However, if I have a ton of options I can't stop tweaking shit and just be happy. Also, the analog/mod on that is super strong.

There are plenty of good ones. The CC just gives me exactly what I need, doesn't break, doesn't need any more input. Mark my settings, be happy forever.

I use delay mostly for solos or swells, so one setting can hit both with my reverb added in.

>goat delay
>doesn't even have a fucking tap tempo

bedroom players need not apply when it comes to naming GOAT gear

anyone have any experience/recommendations with compressors?

i just want something clean for tapping

Have fun setting slapback with a tap

post your "gigging" rig. Timestamp needed.

>get any compressor
>turn it to compress
>??? do your tapping
Theres no secret any compressor will do

i never really knew these existed

so i plug my guitar into that
then i plug that into my pc
then what i play comes out into my headphones? with absolutely no delay?

You don't really need tap tempo if you're only using it as am ambient effect like most analog delays.

ok thanks i will get this then

Keeley makes great compressors.

it will do fine just do a quick search on it to see if its not absolute crap with noisey bypass

I really like this one, especially price wise.

I can run a spray gun non stop, and run a grinder or sander for about 15 minutes non stop before it cant keep up

What do those little red squares on fx schematics mean?

then you just use the time knob

tap tempo isn't the only way to time delay on real pedals

On the right? Cut the trace

posting hot fucking guitar

Also, if this is your first build i'd start with something simpler. Delays are pretty complex, hard to troubleshoot. Troubleshooting is important, because it won't work the first time. Vero seems easier, but its much easier to get a short or bridge than perfboard or an actual pcb.

Guitar pcb has an "analog" delay board for like $7, and for an extra $25 you can buy stuff to give it a tap tempo.

They both use the same ic

Like remove those blocks from the circuit board?

charvel is basically metal fender

Thank you for the advice. I was actually gonna start with a fuzz, but that pic was just the one I had handy on my phone.

are cream/black zebra duncans the most aesthetically pleasing pickup ever? yes.

Yeah. You can use a razor or exacto. I like to use a small drill bit in the hole first, makes it harder to get a solder bridge, but also makes it harder to patch if you cut it in the wrong spot

Oh yeah, fuzz face or mammoth are dirt easy(pun not intneded). Tim Escobedo(sp?) has a couple cool fuzz circuits that are pretty straight forward. Muffs clones are much more complex, my second build was a mk 1 swollen pickle and it took me over a week of troubleshooting. I wasnt unfamiliar with electronics by any means, but just never did audio before.

>1
It could be ear fatigue. In mixing, it's when you think you have a really good sound but only because your ears are so used to it that you can't really be objective any more. Then when you take a break for a few hours or a day, you come back and it no longer sounds good. Same thing can happen with dialing in a tone. Or it could be your battery. Might as well swap it out anyway if it's been a while

>2
You could practice every waking hour if you really wanted to as long as you keep your hands stretched and aren't using harmful improper techniques. That's what a lot of the greats used to do. One hour a day isn't bad, but you won't be progressing super fast at that rate. I used to practice 5-6 hours daily when I was young and had the time and nothing else to do.

>3
I'm not an ear doctor, but as long as you don't have wax obstructing your ears and you don't damage your eardrum while cleaning you should be fine

>4
You don't need to be super strict about keeping your thumb behind the middle finger. You should be fine as long as your thumb doesn't stray too far out of position and you can switch back quickly and comfortably when you need to do a big stretch. As for the "levering" thing, some movements will naturally make your other fingers want to pop way off the fretboard. It can kill speed and accuracy if you don't fix it. You should practice keeping your fingers close and not make unnecessary movements. Do it really slow with a metronome and focus on keeping your hand loose and close to the fretboard

a pair of humbuckers, what should I choose, Duncan or DiMarzio? don't recommend other brands, don't wanna buy them

duncan, sh-4 bridge, sh-1 neck

Duncan for the vintage clones

This is an old project i never boxed, if you can look closely with the shitty image quality, 2 strips from one side and 3 from the other, there are 2 circles where i drilled out the trace.

BOSS really hit it out of the fucking park with this amp. This is a game changer, lads

ok, how about dimarzio tone zone and air norton
I really like tone zone sounds because I prefer maple alder basswood superstrat guitars, what's some duncan which sounds close to tz.

Your parents have never been so impressed by your tone

Just read the glowing reviews on The Gear Page, Rig-Talk and Gearslutz