west side rap vs east side rap
which was superior?

i prefer west. why? love me some b.g knocc out, dresta, 2pac, eazy e, ice cube

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aqEUy0jtFkg
youtube.com/watch?v=Vi6TnG2SpvM
nytimes.com/1993/11/02/us/rapper-charged-in-shootings-of-off-duty-officers.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

west has the largest number of ourstanding rappers. east has a handful of big-big stars

west because mc hammer

i like both

I prefer the westcoast sound, chill as fuck. But I feel like the eastside had better lyricists like Big L, AZ and Wu.

nah east side. The NY sounding rap sounds heavier and darker. it has a cooler style to it, Biggie knows

Eastside is much darker and hard-hitting. But westside has much more chilled out, get high kinda wibe to it.
Depends on your prefference I suppose.

It's all just niggers and nigger wanna be's banging on coconuts and rhyming words like any 5 year old learns to do in kindergarten in other words it's all shit.

stop

I prefer bleach

nah...it's not even music, it's just a bunch of monkey screeches and some repetitive bass loops....autists really enjoy that kind of stuff from what I understand.

sadly that what's hot right now.
i prefer the older groups that were actually talented lyricists and artists.

>lewronggeneration

kill yourselves niggers

Don't care as long as it's "angry rap"
I love me some emotionally charged aggressive rhymes.

>implying any nigger music is good

How the rest of the world views you.

East has more good albums and variety. West had eazy e, snoop, and tupac but 3/4 of their discography is trash. East had better rap

The one who figured out how to put on a shirt.

Nigger detected

Westcoast because 2pac is the only rapper I've ever taken seriously.

This.

Hey what about rap from "down" town?!?!? I mean this shit all sounds the same so why not include these guys, right?

Wrong, other way around. While I love both coasts, east coast has more really good hip hop artists

West coast niggas are lame. Most of them are easy come up pop rappers.

kool keith
krs one
mos def
tribe called quest
de la soul
beastie boys
gang starr
nas
pete rock & cl smooth

east coast was wayyyyy better m8

>which was superior?
>was
Both ancient history.
Nobody listens to rap.
It's 2016, nigger, not the 90's
grow up
everyone left that shit behind 20+ years ago
it sucked back then too, with few exceptions

lol why would you post in a thread about music when you have no clue and also have shit taste?

>2016
>nobody listens to rap

Except Kendrick Lamar literally dropped to most acclaimed rap album ever.

B.I.G.
Big L

AZ the visualiza

Quad-dubs confirm

hahahahahhaha oh wow

East has more attitude and sports wordplay and complexity

West has more soul and uses story-telling and metaphor

I prefer East just a tad bit more but that's because I listen to more artists from there

How u forget the wu, u should get smacked.

This Rap has been dead for decades now.
Everybody knows this

/thread

which side had ll cool J?

West coast better beats, East coast better lyricism.

You all need to never have children t. White men

he was from queens.

why not the one who eats right and works out?

I am going to have to vote west then. fuck that bitch

samefag lol

but he was going back to cali?

i don't think so

The dirty south sounds better than both imo

rap is confusing as fuck

dirty south like TI or UNLV?

He's also the fake gangster of the time. He just happened to also be the best lyricist and he put his heart into his songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=aqEUy0jtFkg

If we're talking classic era rap, I personally prefer West over East for that chill pfunk sound, although Notorious B.I.G. was stellar at his craft.

Ok, as much as I have fun with de la soul they aren't good by any means. Neither are the beastie boys

He isn't that good honestly. His earlier stuff was way better.

I like how these guys genuinely hated each other and their fans actually tried to kill each other, but now they're constantly held up together like they were best friends.

B.I.G. wasn't as good as Tupac lyrically, but his sound and diction was good.

what? are you serious?

Only niggers give a shit about 'being real' and all that nonsense. Also, didn't 2pac shoot 2 undercover cops and get away with it? Either way, like you said, he put his heart into his music and you can hear it.

you like that gasping for air when he's spittin' lyrics? he needed to lose some weight

Ya, show me where he was doing something as good as Tupac lyrically. I have heard damn near every Biggie song

youtube.com/watch?v=Vi6TnG2SpvM

pac played a street thug. he was a black panther like his mother.

the guy are an actor for fucks sake. he played the part of a street thug to market himself to that target audience.

biggie's shit sounds like something bill crosby's fat albert would rap.

"HEY HEY HEY" = "HEY BABY BABY"

they once were. and when tupac was in ny he was shot 5 times but he survived. and he became aware of the fact that biggie knew what pac was up to but didn't warn him. that's when all this shit started. and what's worse is that pac never knew who he was shot by; it was not investigated; and biggie recorded "who shot ya" to piss off and sneakily diss pac. check out hit em up, bomb first, against all odds, 2 of americaz most wanted and watch yo mouth.

I think it adds to his style ya.

Again, only niggers care. He put his heart into his music which made it better than every other rapper. 99% of rappers are full of shit anyway.

the east vs. west "feud" was created by the music industry to sell more shit. simple. the actor got caught up by the fans who felt it was real.

it's the forefather to that team vampire team werewolf marketing craze

I mean when you actually have the background it adds to you sound and adds credibility to your character. Tupac just didn't need it with the amount of passion he had. Also I've never heard him shooting 2 cops, where can I find that information?

niether. your niggermusic sucks.

> 99% for artists and actors are full of shit anway
FTFY

but you are correct. very few contribute and advance the art at all, they are there to get money.

No one talking about mid west game?

Can confirm, good songs.

This new rap shit is as bad as drowning in my own piss.

Background doesn't add to your sound at all. And I don't care much for any musicians character. I don't think 2pac was a likable guy, but the dude made good music.

As for the shooting:
>nytimes.com/1993/11/02/us/rapper-charged-in-shootings-of-off-duty-officers.html

it's been allowed to devolve into shit. it needs to go underground and start back over again, like metal did.

To me, Tupac was the better rapper, and had better flow, but Biggie was a better freestyler.

It can when you can actually put forth the emotions you've felt. Tupac just didn't need it, he had all the emotion and soul most rappers are lacking. Also I don't think Tupac would be someone you'd want to hangout or spend time with. Dude was crazy.

Thanks for the link

Ya, the trap sound is just over played and old. Especially when it was never even good to begin with.

I'm the West and love West Coast rap, but East Coast all the way.

Way too many names too even list.

East

i dont understand why kendrick lamar is so hyped. In my opinion ab soul has better tracks, schoolboy is way better, danny brown, old asap rocky, the underachievers, waka flaka, bumpy knuckles, currensy, travis scott.
They all have a better sound than kendrik and i just listed the ones who recenty made music, not even including oldschool rap.
Please fagots a good beat is at least 50% of the track, means if a rapper (i.e. kendrik lamar) has a bad beat selection, he is a fucking fagot.

>All I want is bitches, big booty bitches
Used to sell crack, so I could stack my riches

>soon as he buy that wine I just creep up from behind And ask what your interests are, "who you be with?" Things to make you smile, what numbers to dial. You gon be here for a while, I´m gon go call my crew, you go call your crew We can redezvou at the bar around 2"

Biggy had one talent pac never had: he could bend words, he played with them.
Pac was always A/B/A/B/A/B...
Nevertheless i love Hit em up. Just banging.

is there a difference?

>special k

west is gangsta fag rapp can't be even compared to the hordcore shit from the east