So people are going to be singing songs about this pretty faced cunt right...

So people are going to be singing songs about this pretty faced cunt right? His journey thus far is prime material for any aspiring bard.

>Born a Bastard.
>Joined the Night's Watch.
>Gifted Valyrian Steel Sword.
>Has a pet white Direwolf.
>Ventured beyond the wall and had a romance with Wildling beauty.
>Stayed loyal to his vows, and fought against the Wildlings on the Wall, and held his dying love in his arms.
>Killed the biggest baddest Thenn in single combat.
>Confronted Mance Rayder in an attempt to assassinate him.
>Quickly rose to power as the Lord Commander of the Night's Watch.
>Made peace with Wildlings and battled against the Army of the Dead, and saved 5,000 Free Folk as a result.
>Slew a Whitewalker.
>Was betrayed and assassinated by his brothers, only to rise from the dead shortly after.
>Marched on Winterfell with a historical alliance between Wildlings and Northern Houses.
>Defeated Ramsay Bolton in single combat (easy as it was).
>Reclaimed Winterfell for the Starks.
>All this while being a Bastard.

And you know as the ages pass, his chronicles will be exaggerated upon more and more.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7XmDYJBZZdc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think most people who read the books knew that Jon was going to be the pet of the series.

Likely will be the same in the books as well when/if they eventually are released.

KINGINDANORF

There's no reason you couldn't have posted this in the general.

Tormund, shut yer piehole, ya jealous cunt.

and then there is THIS redditor.

you are you, commander of the Sup Forums horde?

His feats are nearing Dany's without coming off as mary sue-ish

>coming off as mary sue-ish
wdymbt?

how do i become a god warrior like Jon?

I'm 6'1", 170lbs, 7" cock.

This is where we get the title A Song of Ice and Fire. Jon and Daenerys are the archetypal mythic heroes of the story who will save the world from an ancient evil.

The whole coming back from the dead part might have negated any bastard curses.

Pretty much a buzzword at this point, Jon has pretty much earned everything through hard work.
People on this board misconstrued the term pretty much applying it to any character thats successful.

Jon is Ice and Fire, they make it look like its Jon and Dany.

Yeah everyone knows dany is going to be the final boss of the series.

I don't think Daenerys has ever been a mary sue. She's struggled and failed just as much as Jon has. As she grows as a character throughout the story, she integrates characteristic aspects of Drogo, Viserys and Rhaegar, who each of her dragons are named after.

>I don't think Daenerys has ever been a mary sue

I'm not going to be one of those retards and say EVERY victory Dany has had, was handed to her on a plate. She did have go through some shit, at least mostly in the beginning. However Jon went through some serious fucking suffering and hardship to achieve what he did, and he did it while having greater disadvantages than Dany did.

I feel as if in the hands of a smarter writer, Dany would absolutely become a major antagonist towards the end of the series. Maybe that's GRRM's vision. However I think DnD will take the literal approach, and Dany will be a savior along with Jon, against the Whitewalkers.

well you're already taller than him

She really hasn't. I don't get how you're drawing that comparison. I feel like you just don't realize that Daenerys's character flaws are intentional, like you genuinely think that her sins are meant to be understood as virtues.

I feel like the story is so static that it's kinda boring.
We know Dany is going to sail to Westeros and become Queen.
We know she will talk to the other kingdoms and learn about this walker issue.
We know Bran will show up from the fucking woods screaming HOLYSHITJONIMALIVEANDYOUREATARGARYENANDDANYIAYOURHALFSISTER
I feel like there's no big shock left for us to experience.

half sister?

made me kek

good copypasta

after enough retellings, he'll have taken on ramsay AND his 20 good men single handedly

She's only gotten to where she is because of two things: her dragons and her Targ heritage. I agree that she's suffered (willingness to commit sudoku in a burial pyre is her lowest point but it's also what's her made nearly mythical), but everything comes easy to her and her dragons are a deus ex machina that has saved her time and time again. She was always dangerous and posed a threat because there were houses who would have back the targ claim to the throne.

But Jon, nobody expected shit from him, so much that he had no choice but to join the watch (a completely shitfest where only the unwanted go). He literally rose from nothing, and as bastard he doesn't even a true name. Even if he is Targ/Stark, he never used either of those great names to his advantage. He has sacrificed his honor, his love, and lastly his life, has fought in multiple battles and has the scars to prove it. I want to see Jon succeed because he is a true underdog.

Cousin?

She's only not a Mary Sue because she's not a self-insert.

The only self-insert in the series is Samwell and he's got all sorts of flaws, so not exactly a Gary Stu.

it's aunt

Oh yeah that reminds me
Why did Sam steal Heartsbane?
Just to piss off his dad?

Jon is a warrior hero. Daenerys is a conqueror and a Queen. Daenerys has always been written with the shadow of a tyrant in her. She's a fascist totalitarian regardless. Jon is the traditional Aragorn style archetypal hero, Daenerys is kind of like a subversion of the Conan the Barbarian archetype as a 14 year old girl.

Daenerys is never going to take the throne user. She was already shown the Iron Throne that awaits her in her visions.

Yeah this can be a good inspiration to other bastards to take their role in royal heritage. Nothing that can cause too much trouble in Westeros

age two years and do push -up daily. you'll kick his ass.

Dany isn't a mary sue because she's a shit ruler. All she's good at is lucking into getting free armies and having a trump card that nobody can beat. The reason why people think she's a mary sue is because she has it too easy (as far as game of thrones goes). Yeah she's struggled but those struggles are nothing compared to what hardships the other protagonists have endured. That's also why it's so annoying that she's so god damn self righteous as if she knows how to solve anything.

all i see are teeth

grrm didn't write that. most likely it's d&d way of showing he had grown "balls" and shit

ikr, hot af

They also face entirely different struggles as characters. Jon is learning how to be a heroic warrior who faces down ancient evil, Daenerys is learning how to conqueror and lord over her subjects.

>age two years

>There will never be a buddy cop movie starring Aragorn and Conan the Barbarian
>mfw

Name one thing Daenerys had to fight for.
Name one moment when she suffered.

all that time she had to put up with viserys and being poor or whatever

that's it tho once she takes a liking for the dothraki dick it's all peachy from then

And yet he was born of nobility. A bastard noblemen. Robert's sister and Ned Stark.

This parallel shot demonstrates the contrast between the characters of Jon and Daenerys. Jon is trampled underneath and is down in the filth with the people he leads, while Daenerys is uplifted and carried by the people she leads, ruling over them from the top of her pyramid.

>I don't think Daenerys has ever been a mary sue.

Is battle of the bastards a kino?

no its a battle

>Stayed loyal to his vows
he fucking fucked a wilding and let the wildings in beyond the wall

Daenerys is a Demigod Queen who has offerings placed before her because of her mythic perception. Her character arc is more about learning how to conquer and rule effectively before she attempts to take Westeros.

A kino battle?

cheap flick

no an army battle

>style of substance through and through
No. It's not kino.

you're right about the first bit, but the vows don't say shit about protecting the wall from wildings

>>style over substance

There's neither style nor substance.

She's never even bled.

Punished Jon>Dany youtube.com/watch?v=7XmDYJBZZdc

Is Jon Snow as a fantasy hero on the same level as Aragorn or Conan yet?

next esaseaub

>>Defeated Ramsay Bolton in single combat (easy as it was).
Say it to Arren's knights.

In the books she survived because she surrounded herself with capable people who wanted her to succeed, D&D couldn't write anyone correctly

>WHY AREN'T YOU ASKING ME ABOUT MY OPINION ON THE BATTLE?
>I DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BATTLES

stellar writing

>you are you
heres a (you)

a little bit

No for me. Terribly boring character, poorly portrayed by some manlet who can't act for shit.

I thought it was to study how it's steel might be useful against the whitewalkers.

ew fucking disgusting

>My ugly gf thinks of Jon Snow when I fuck her with my tiny cock

Explain how Danerys is a Mary Sue? She has plenty of character flaws, has made a lot of mistakes and not everybody likes her. From my understanding a Mary Sue does none of those things.

You must be a fangirl from Reddit with such great debating skills.

> has made a lot of mistakes and not everybody likes her
And somehow she is alive, while cahracters without such plot-armor dies even for smaller mistakes.
Also, only evil-sexists cahracters dislikes her.

>attacked by rebels at sporting event
>dragon comes out of nowhere to save her
>carried off to middle of nowhere and taken by dothraki
>it's okay because she's fireproof and is able to kill their leaders by burning them alive

>lmao your from reddit
>your a girl lol
Why even start debate with you?

She's not a Mary Sue, she's just a consequence of poor unimaginative writing when the dipshit Jews put themselves in corners with her character.

SUCH A LUST FOR REVENGE

Nope, he is just filthy pagan, unlike Aragorn.

You didn't engage in debate. You reacted with greentext gibberish like a typical buttblasted fangirl from Reddit does whenever Jehn Snuuu is criticised.

What religion do Gondorians even follow?

Same as ancient Numenor - Iluvatar cult.

They were faithful to Eru Illuvitar and the Valar before being seduced by Sauron.

Jon is one of the most uninteresting characters that GRRM created.

>cool scars around the eyes
>special sword
>special pet wolf
>got promoted to command at a very young age
>long lost son of a king

He is a walking trope.

There's nothing wrong with having a genuine heroic archetype played straight as the hero of the story. A Song of Ice and Fire is an unironic fantasy adventure about a young hero rising to face an ancient evil that has awoken.

Why do you think this story should even be subversive to that level?

How does he see? ...unless he's had faceless man blind/darkness training

>a genuine heroic archetype
Beta cannot into heroism.

I have seen this tale dozens of times and it's boring at this point. Jon is generic fantasy character #23405. Jon has always been one of the weaker characters in the series.

>She's never even bled.
I'm sure she bled when Drogo's big cock tore open her cunt.

>muh heroic hero who goes on epic journey and saves the world

get some taste

>sjw
>talking about taste

This tale has been with us throughout all of human history. If you're bored with it, it's an issue on your part. Not everything has to be some post modern deconstructionist take on story telling. Genuine tales of heroism will always be more entertaining to me than subversion. It's why I like this kind of storytelling to begin with.

We'll always value stories of heroes overcoming monsters and great evil in our culture. It's what our very notion of story telling is built upon.

You're essentially just saying "childhood is when you idolize Batman, adulthood is when you realize the Joker was right" right now user. The patrician taste has always been aligned with unironic tales of heroism.

>We'll always value stories of heroes overcoming monsters and great evil in our culture.
It's not your culture liberal.

>SJW

Just waiting for you to call be a cuck at this point.

Fair enough I guess when it comes to my taste I prefer subversion of tropes. I do find it funny though how GRRM seemed to have fooled so many people into thinking he was subverting tropes while the whole time he was just setting it up for a plain good vs evil and a hero saves the world. It's the same story we have seen a thousand times. but I guess those people just haven't read many fantasy books.