So I had this issue before, it was with my old gpu. Everytime I launched a game and after the loading time...

So I had this issue before, it was with my old gpu. Everytime I launched a game and after the loading time, my PC would restart.

Now I thought it might be the gpu, I even sent it in for repairs and in the meantime I got a new one, that one worked like a charm yesterday.

Now I go back to my usual and want to play some Mafia III and bam, it restarts. I am fucking left speechless...

I have the same problem and it seems it wasn't a gpu issue after all, now I just don't even know what the hell the solution would be.

I am saying so because it comes so fucking randomly and I just don't know anymore. So I test with FurMark, all ok, I go into Evil Within, all ok, I go into Mafia III... bam, crash!

Now I try FurMark again, bam, crash!

I'd say it's a PSU issue, but why would it be so fucking random like that? Could anyone here give me a solution?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/app/360430/discussions/0/343788552543015409/?ctp=2
superuser.com/questions/599281/computer-randomly-restarting-motherboard-or-processor
pcgarage.ro/surse/inter-tech/energon-650w/
pcgarage.ro/surse/sirtec-high-power/ep-500br-ii-80-plus-bronze-500w/
pcgarage.ro/surse/corsair/new-vs-series-vs550/
pcgarage.ro/placi-de-baza/gigabyte/ga-b85m-d3h/
tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you have to delete system32 file...it worked for me,i had a similar issue

Don't be a dick, man.

Wondered if it might be a software issue, but I am pretty safe on that side.

Any other ideas?

I am thinking of just getting another PSU and test it with that, but fucking a meng, I don't want to get it and then (YET AGAIN) have the same issue.

Besides, maybe there's an easier alternative.

check here? steamcommunity.com/app/360430/discussions/0/343788552543015409/?ctp=2

Your computer consumes more power when under heavy loads, so it could very well be PSU.

How much power can it provide?

Funny your pic is the power unit - that's the issue.

I had similar. I'd added extra Blu-ray drive and HDD. My PSU couldn't take it.

Check event viewer under system logs, it'll tell you critical shit probably a kernel power issue.

this

I had this EXACT same problem. Did everything you did, as well. In the end it was, indeed, the PSU.

I had similiar problem with my new computer.

I had managed to slam the CPU heatsink on so that the heat compound hadn't properly spread so the CPU would overheat from almost instantly on launch to 5 minutes into the game.

WhoCrashed is a neat little tool that finds the crash logs that modern windows versions don't display on default. Try that too.

can't help you really op but maybe this could help if you don't have it.

A friend of mine had a similiar problem because of a dying SSD. The disk management software said it was all good and shit, but swapping the disk out got rid of the problem.

hopeing that was just all turn on and off again

Had a gtx 660 before, used it on a 650W power supply. Now I have a gtx 1060 and from what I've read, even a 500W power supply should be enough.

I ain't consuming shit on this PC, not like I am into overclocking and shit. Thing is, it worked fine before. Hell, it even had smoke coming out of it and that fucking PSU still runs, lol.

Yeah, Kernel shit. So is it the PSU? I was thinking of getting a 500W one for like 60 bucks. Not really swimming in money as of right now...

good luck man. I assume everything is clean inside your pc and you don't need to re-apply thermal paste on the cpu. I had a similar problem to you that was cured by hoovering the dust out. I assume you have checked the temps inside?

yeah I don't know about that, I had the issue with other games too. Everytime after it loaded, instantly crashed.

I also wanted to add to this, it's all random. Like I would understand if that shit would happen every time. But when I can then go about and play some other game with no issue and that it worked no problem yesterday...

At the same time, with my internal gpu, I had no problems playing vidja.

Why are PCs such fucking cunts?

Does no one realize windows can repair itself from this sort of user retardation now and deleting system 32 is a minor fuck up?

This is Sup Forums, faggot. Free for all

Also, Sup Forums is filled with salty neckbeards. I don't know why they're so entitled about it when they should feel proud that they could fix shit no problem.

In the end, I think it might just be the PSU, fuckin what else could it be?

Pretty positive that swapping out your PSU would solve your problem. Maybe you can lend a PSU from a friend? If you are going to buy one, aim for a BeQuiet! one, pretty solid PSU's. Good luck to you.

If you hit your computer box then of course it's gonna fucking restart, don't neglect that shit, I know from experience, get a new computer box

>computer box

I just feel like an absolute moron for sending in my old GPU for repair and being all a sperglord about it.

Last time I thought it might have been my motherboard, boy was I wrong with that one too.

So for a 1060 and i5, I think a 500w one would suffice, right lads?

random reboots = RAM issues.

memtest86+

This thread got some pointers for what you could check for: superuser.com/questions/599281/computer-randomly-restarting-motherboard-or-processor

I personally run a 1060 and an i5 6700k, both overclocked wit a 630W PSU. But 500W is enough from what i've read.

From what i've read in your case*

Since you are not into oc'ing and stuff.

I once had an issue where starting Outlook 2016 would cause the same behavior.

Updating my BIOS fixed it though.

They're not random per say.

In normal and low use (movie watching, browsing the internet and so on) it works like a charm, but as soon as I load SOME videogames, it instantly restarts.

But even with those games that don't restart on loading, after a while and some fuckery, it can happen.

Dark Souls 1 beign a good example for that, I can run it just fine and play around for hours, but a random alt tab might just crash that shit. Meanwhile, Mafia III has been constant and I even use that game as a fuckin benchmark for the crash.

That's why I was sure it was a gpu issue, since it ran like a charm yesterday (Also, sorry for talking about this shitty game, I fucking hate it too, but I don't really care)

1. check temp while under load - might be a thermal issue
2. run diagnostic tools - maybe faulty motherboard
3. check if psu meets requirements & test in in another computer it might be to weak/dying
4. read logs what the fuck happened before blackout, check bios settings for reboot after power failure etc - might be a simple OS/bios config issue

if you cant figure it out on your own, pay an IT guy to fix it for you. thats our job and we need the money.

Your graphics card is drawing too much power for the ps to handle. This isn't rocket science, you should have seen that from the start.

Also post specs, faggot. Otherwise you're wasting everyone's time without any numbers here

dat pic
uses tie-wraps
for irony?

for structural integrity.

dont be a nigger faggot

Do you guys use your desktops for games? I can't pay games anymore. I really burned them out. They just feel so restrictive compared to other things in life.

pc master race

then you're doing it wrong.

Well there's your problem, that power supply isn't plugged in, stupid.

FOIL AC CONNECTOR MASTER RACE
PLUS GROUNDING SCHEME OAKLEAF AND CLUSTERS

he deserves it for asking here of all the fucking places.

Get a 750W PSU buddy, your power unit is shot.

Depending on how old your unit is, it may be unable to provide it's full output efficiently anymore, power units loose their output efficiency over time with use.

Also, since you're into OCing, that could be putting extra strain on the unit when you boot up a CPU+GPU intensive program like a game, since OCing usually draws more power than stock clocks.

Had a similar issue. Guessing your GPU has some decent fans on it. Load up a game, fans power up to cool it, takes more Watts and then bam. Your PSU cant take the extra watts and shuts down or motherboard doesnt have enough and resets. Or something is lacking power as a result and resets. Thats an issue i had.

light bulb psu boosters
with invisible female sockets
are the shit

THE FUTURE IS ORGANIC

Gigabyte GTX 1060
i5 4460 3.2
10gigs of ram, split into 4 sticks.

The fuck more do you want? It's not a "too much power issue" because it did this shit with my old GPU (gtx 660) too and I never had this issue, just in the last month or so. Which sort of "fixed" itself for a while and then it returned back full force.

1. what temps? My gpu does not even load anything and it restarts.
2. an example, would you kindly?
3. The only other PC in the house is owned by some fucking cunt that won't let me test shit on it cuz IT'S SEALED AND I DON'T WANT SOMEONE TO TAMPER IN IT. I bet my ass there's like 6kg of dust in that shit. SO yeah, no option, cowboy
4. other than the kernel power shit, what logs are there to read? It's not a blue screen crash and it won't create any minidump files or some shit. Also, what bios settings? How safe would that be, isn't this restart a sort of saftey mechanism so that my PC won't break further?

It took me over 3 hrs to decide what I wanted to play and then my shit started restarting again. I guess this gives me purpose, because fuck vidja games.

You need to cool the CPU with a picture of President Trump.

Fucked psu. No doubt.

PSUs age, losing up to 10% (in extreme cases) a year.
While it would've been fine with a 1060 5 years ago, it may not under high load anymore.

Best solution? Buy a reasonably higher wattage PSU with a LONG warranty. I have a Corsair RM1000i which comes with a 10 year warranty, but you can easily go for the RMx650 or 750 that has the same warranty.

It's most likely a PSU issue.

I had a dying PSU and my pc would just turn off during some games but not others and not with any consistency.

If you buy a new PSU, I recommend something from the Corsair ax series. SeaSonic is also very good.

Please post the full stats of your PSU.

nah its ok. trust me i'm an engineer

1 all the temps.
2 depends on your mobo, check manual
3 not my problem
4 windows logs ? whatever software you use ? any fuckin logger you could find on google ?
your gpu needs 500W from a high quality psu.

kek'd hard from this

maybe op needs to clean his GPU.

It's probably Chieftec garbage.
I had a 600 Watt chieftec C6600 and it could barely provide enough power for a motherboard-powered GPU (R6670-MSI) and an FX 6300. 2 years passed,it died. Got a new PSU,700 Watt B700 and it's easily running a far great voltage system with an i7 6700K and an R9 380X.
I've seen SO many people cheap out on PSU's and i've learned my lesson through experience,DON'T BUY CHEAP PSU's.
I'd rather use a good 450 Watt PSU than a shitty 600 Watt PSU,their *actual power isn't going to be that different,and the good PSU will definitely last for far longer.

I had a really fucking cheapo power supply and had this exact problem. Worked fine until the computer was put under a certain amount of graphics load. Replaced the power supply and she was still going crash and restart free several years later.
Graphics cards use a LOT of power under load, eg 150-200w easily, especially AMD cards, and if your PSU can't deliver that power reliably then they'll trip and cause a momentary power loss causing a reboot.

NEVER cheap out on a PSU. At the very least they can cause rebooting problems, at the worst they'll burst into flames and take your home with them. Go get yourself a good named brand PSU; if you're on a budget the EVGA 500w ones are pretty decent for the price.

Just don't go getting a 1500w PSU; a 500-600w will be plenty unless you're using a wildly overclocked AMD card.

btw, more of a stupid question, but how much does the type matter?

My old PSU is a ATX and I see other type of formats like 12v and shit like that?

What's the difference in size and would it fit a normal tower case?

Could be a CPU, under too much load and getting too hot. Or could be PSU, the rating may be off, too much load. Maybe you need a bios update. Hope my novice to mid range knowledge helps.

ATX is just standard fitment, but if you have an EPS 12v motherboard (you'll know because it has an 8-pin cpu connector instead of 4) you MUST buy a PSU with EPS 12v.

SFX is just a form factor, use them for extremely small cases like mini-itx and smaller. Either will fit a mid size and up tower. Some ITX cases differ so you'll just have to check.

So my current shitty PSU is this:
pcgarage.ro/surse/inter-tech/energon-650w/

and I am deciding between either

pcgarage.ro/surse/sirtec-high-power/ep-500br-ii-80-plus-bronze-500w/

or maybe

pcgarage.ro/surse/corsair/new-vs-series-vs550/

My motherboard is:
pcgarage.ro/placi-de-baza/gigabyte/ga-b85m-d3h/

Will that Atx 12v shit be compatible with my stuff?

If you have an ASUS board, disable power surge, that's probably what's hitting you, if not, then I'm lost

A shitty PSU won't be able to put out the level of clean power required.

Depending on the quality of your PSU it will lose a certain amount of power capability each year due to degradation of internal components. Shitty PSU designs with shitty components can lose +10% of max output in a year.

Having said that I'd run memtest86+ first as it could be a bad stick or bad section in a stick.

I would also watch temperatures when running the game as you could have a thermal problem. An improperly seated heatsink can easily cause a thermal shutdown/restart. Then there's there is teh matter of the last time you cleaned your system...

Furmark only hits your graphics card and some of the motherboard. You're not going to see as high power draw with just furmark running as you would with a real game. As a full on game can hit your motherboard, CPU, RAM, HDDs and such hard which increases overall power consumption greatly.

>energon
You poor soul. I had a coolmax so I know the pain.

Your mobo has an 8-pin cpu connector (EPS). It can run with a 4 pin only(ATX) but it is not recommended. Never heard of the other one, but the VS550 does have an EPS so it will technically work, but again, lower quality components mean it will age faster especially given how close you are to using up all 550w of that PSU from the start. Strongly recommend moving up at least 100w or to a better series of Corsair PSU.

Also OP, valuable resource for finding a good PSU:

tomshardware.com/forum/id-2547993/psu-tier-list.html

its fine, keep using your psu. it is going to be fine.

I rather get something now and worry about the aging later, as of right now, I am a bit low on money and I can't really afford big time PSU-s and at the same time, I'd hate to return my 6gb version of the GPU to get the cheaper 3gb one.

I mean, I am only gaming in 1080p and shit, but still, those 3gb feel so little to me.

I know your pain. From what I can gather you're not from the US but do they sell the CS or CX series there? Both are very good quality for reasonable budget. I've used them before and love them.

Test your RAM
If not the RAM then it's certainly your PSU.

I've had a faulty PSU and my computer would restart itself because of the inconsistent voltage the power supply provided. Odds are your computer is running fine until it needs work the PSU to power the GPU which will cause failures more often than idle load.

Do not switch the GTX 1060 for the lower one it sucks, I had to get the 1080 out of frustration.

You need 550 watts. Should be $30-40.

From what I see here, they do, but they're so much more expensive.

And yeah, not from the US, that's why parts here are so fucking expensive in comparison. Like around +100 euro difference for a PSU or GPU. Total bullshit.

But I also am so very inpatient and I just wanted this shit to work and never having to worry about. Fucking a! Yesterday I got my GPU to work and Trump won, I thought it's the best day ever, now my problems are returning.

Hey, OP. I know you probably don't want to replace the PSU but it is the most likely cause for the symptoms you've been having.

I see, I don't have much else to offer personally bc I haven't looked at PSUs for awhile, but take a look at the PSU tier list I posted, the VS550 will work but recommend vs600/650

>1. RAM issue failing on high load task.
>2. PSU issue failing on increase power use when gaming.
>3. Less likely, motherboard issue handling RAM; i.e. controller.

Usually GPU problems are self solving with a boot, or otherwise very distinct: Artifacts on screen, or no screen display at all.

Try running using different RAM or a different PSU, or possibly swapping out older equipment to test the motherboard.

To be honest, I'll just buy a new PSU tomorrow after work.

Worst case scenario, it's a memory issue and I just return the PSU back or some shit.

But I highly believe that it's a PSU issue, I wanted to change it anyways with something more expensive, but I spent half of my month's sallery on the GPU and this fucking PSU issue is keeping me on a thin ice here.