Fender mustang or fender jaguar

I have a squier J Mascis Jazzmaster.
Its too dark toned for me, and I want a short scale.
Do i get a fender mustang avri or a fender jaguar classic 60's?

>Offsets

You need to be 18 to post here.

Sorry, should I post a shitty ibanez or PRS?

I'm new to guitars, what makes offset guitars so hated here?

No clue. They're a million times more comfortable than other shapes to me so I love them

jaguar. Mustangs are shit student guitars.

Also squire's are junk avoid at all costs.

>Also squire's are junk avoid at all costs.
Nah, they're fine starter guitars. This isn't 1997

Squier's hight level stuff is pretty good. I had a MIM Fender Jazzmaster and I much preferred the J Mascis Squier to it, but Im starting to think Im not a jazzmaster person.
Mustangs have a cool scooped bright tone that I enjoy, but I might like the shape of the jag more because im used to jazzmasters

because it's the le so indie meme guitar but like said, it's very comfy to hold.

well, i think im gonna go with a mustang

They're the "Crosley turntables" of Guitars. Tumbrites only buy them because they're LE INDIE

I know what you're getting at but that's a pretty bad comparison.
Crosely's are complete shit whereas offsets are just as good as any other fender.

the amount of upkeep/vague technical knowhow you need to keep a jag/jmaster well-maintained is usually much more than the people who buy those guitars only because kevin shields plays them are willing to put effort into
as a result their playing usually ends up sounding shit but the guitar's still worth it for the image

t. fender strat customer
go back to your pink floyd covers senpai

the same could be said for any other guitar, wipe the sweat off when done playing, intonate and clean the pots when necessary.
and that didn't prove my point wrong regardless.

Jaguar

Don't see how this is even in discussion

Also ignore the lame "everything sucks I'm so negative and miserable" Sup Forums bullshit.

Jaguars are great guitars. That's indisputable.

but I want a Mustang too because my wife Azusa plays one

>tfw bought an edgy Jackson in my teens
>nothing has broken and I don't play enough to justify a new guitar
>stuck with the edge

vocaroo a tout le monde

Duo sonic desu

>doesn't understand Fender Modern Player guitars are made in the same plant

Neither
Get a fender bass vi

and Stratocasters and Telecasters are better than Jaguars, and that's indisputable

JM's and Jags are not reliable guitars. Nice to have for fun but they are novelty guitars

Doesn't matter.. most kids on Sup Forums will play fake JM's and Jags with tune o matic style bridges and fucking humbuckers.

they just want the cool shape to get more karma on reddit.com/r/indie

>fender jaguar classic 60's
These are excellent. The value is unreal. I got one a few months ago for a total of like $650, used, a few scratches and no case, totally worth it.

Killer sound, and the fretwork, fit, and finish are all perfect. They have the same pickups as the avri 1965 Jag, which have nail the classic Jaguar tone.

Agreed.

Throw on a Staytrem bridge or Mastery if you want to spend more and they are plenty reliable. My Jag actually stays in tune better than the several Strats I've played too, with tremolo use. A Tele is a bit more reliable for sure, but that comes at the cost of having a fixed bridge.

>stays in tune

I have a JM and it does stay in tune pretty well. If you know how to set up a JM correctly (offsetguitars.com) they are awesome to have. Not good for alternate tunings on the fly or aggressive playing (not just tremelo but picking hard etc, unless you're doing the whole sonic youth idc if i'm in tune thing)

Modern Players aren't good guitars either

MP's are also normie guitars that are just "shaped" like offsets, they have jock pickups and jock bridges, jock radiuses and are for playing jock jams at football parties

the modern player marauder is pretty neat. the rest? ehh...

Modern Player Jag is ugly as fuck