For those who don't understand why we use an Electoral College...

For those who don't understand why we use an Electoral College. It's designed so city dwellers in a few large cities don't decide for the whole country.
Here's a little map showing the election by counties.....you might get the idea.
And here's a little game....see if you spot the densely populated cities.

uh huh

bump

No, the Electoral College was created because the founders didn't trust the people not to vote in someone incapable of being president. The idea being that the members of the college could vote with their conscience if they felt that the people had made a gross error, and to avoid any one state's corruption from corrupting the union as a whole.

When the Electoral College was created in the 19th Century, there were no large cities in the same way that there are today. If anything, the Electoral college is grossly unfair to populous states. A vote in California is worth four times less than one in Wyoming.

As usual, it's a little more complex than that. The map merely shows who won. Sure, rural areas lean republican, and urban areas lean democrat. But they are not uniform. There are a lot of city based republicans, and rural democrats.

Don't be too impressed with Trump. Hillary was a hated, corrupt career politician.

Also, don't expect Donald to be too significant. He'll get in that meeting that all presidents do that tells him what the global status quo is (or get killed).

The most experienced military in the world isn't going to some guy that is a Putin apologist.

It was also designed to give smaller states more of a say.

Career politicians are the worst. Just like career doctors and career pilots. Jackasses. Dedicating their lives to learn how to do the thing they want to do. Sickening. I think I'll get this demented clown to do my surgery.

Wrong again. The founding fathers were scared of a pure denocracy which is why we are a republic. In a democracy, your 3 friends could vote on your house being theirs and they would win because democracy.

Come on, that's totally unrealistic. No one on Sup Forums has three friends.

or own a house

This is Sup Forums, take you logic and rational arguments elsewhere

Seems about as out dated as the right for all people to bare arms.

You see the lunatics rioting and carrying on like children and you think people shouldn't be able to protect themselves from these morons.

Top Kek.

Own a house and have FOUR friends! What now?

You bitches just got trumped!

Radical slam dunk.

Yep, this election wasn't decided by low democratic turnout in cities in swing states. Nope. It was decided by the people in rural states that everyone ignored for the entire election.

I have a house and a horse and a dog, I'm set

That's not the reason. You should read and learn something and stop spreading lies. All this map show is educated in blue and uneducated in red.

kinda like the Senate huh

The Electoral college is so fucking stupid.
A persons say is a person say and should count as that no matter where they're from. It's ridiculous to discount and diminish the voices of so many people just because a lot of them live in the same place.

I have a tremendous house and 5 friends.

Believe me it's a tremendous house, and the friends, they're really great friends, everyone's talking about how great they are. Believe me.

Being this fucking autistic. KYS faggot.

you get just about the same say in the House

But aren't liberals all about dat diversity? Or is it only diversity of race and gender and not ideas and backgrounds that you're about?

KY is the worst jelly. Everybody knows it. KY is a disaster people. Horrible taste. I'll make sure everyone has grape jelly, so much grape jelly.

No that is wrong too. Really it is about not having larger states decide for everybody. Also no one state an inflate the total and effect the whole election. It is a mix if state and populas vote and it works well. I say thing believing we have an idiot president elect but still trust the system. Fathese actors would have to vote against their party, why would they do that. Also it has never changed anything.

Thank you.

And I'd like to point out that most of Washington is a RED state.

I don't care what the west side says or thinks; they are but a small portion of the area. And they choose to live the way they do.

The rest of the state doesn't think so highly of them at all.

but the city dwellers are the only ones that are educated... they're the only ones that are not selfish, racist, pricks. you know, the average iq of half the usa is below that of koko the gorilla.

niggers should start a "Back To The Blue"
movement.

Except democratic turn out was very low and trump got less votes then Romney.

but for fucks sake most of usa is a desert , no one lives there , just cows corn and tornados

Well, don't take my word on it, but I was taught that the electoral college gave states with smaller population more power when voting for the president. It was also created because the candidate is elected on the major consensus of the states rather than the people. So trump winning meant that more states wanted trump in general, while more people wanted Hillary.

Sorry you are too stupid to understand. I cannot help you with being a retard.

I'm very close friends with Koko the gorilla. Terrific animal and you know I love the animals. So much animals.

He is only partially right. The reason is because of a compromise among small states, large states, densely populated areas and sparsly populated areas, etc.

And no, the map shows densely populated counties (i e large cities) and counties that are overwhelmingly African-American, Hispanic, or other minority.

Read a fucking book. All of you. Fuck.

Yeah, republicans are dense.

President-elect Trump.. Is that you???

Same retarded argument
>der if we all have guns then there will be less gun violence
>inb4 Australian. Fuck all gun deaths a year. Never even 1 school shooting

>electoral college was meant to curb city power
Uh, no not really... although the Urban vs Rural divide is well known, we have the Electoral College System because our country was founded as a collection of what were intended to be mini-countries in a union. Therefore, the election of the leader of all those united states was strongly based in states rights.

That's right, the presidential race is not a popular vote.

Essentially the decision of who is president comes down to the state's votes, not the people. The people of a state vote for who their state should support for President. The majority vote wins and the state follows this to give its electoral votes to that candidate, the amount of which is based on population.

So if you win New York, you get the electoral votes for New York and no more. Winning by 50.1% and winning by 100% makes no difference, by design. And that design was to prevent large powerful states from invalidating the voice of the others.

The popular vote is just counted for shiggles. Everyone knew this going in. That's why you watched the election map, and why there are battle grounds states. Because it is based on the states.

I've read every book, believe me. I've read all the books. America loves books, they love the books. Tremendous books.

they are shown to be racist pricks once their emails get hacked, and Pew shows taht republicans give far more to charity than dems do. Its about having the option to be chartiable and being forced to.

You are killing me,dude!!! Killing me!

never took freshman bio huh

how is that better to let rednecks choose president just because that wasteland where they live is big ?

By that logic just about every state is a red state, because of the retarded rednecks that live in the boonies. There's a reason the cities attract the highly intellectual and are cultural centers, while the rest of you retards blow your load when the local Wal-Mart introduces a new flavor of hot pocket

>inb4 cities have black people/ghettos etc

No wonder the downtrodden flock to cities for more opportunity instead of smoking meth in the middle of bumfuck eastern washington

I mean really
In what universe does it make sense to take the desires and wishes of the majority of people and then take the desires and wishes of a much smaller group of people and make the two equivalent?!

It's just absolute fuckery

Are you a Hispanic? I love the Hispanics. Such a hard working people. So hard working. Tremendous roofs and so may leaves. They love to rake the leaves. Believe me, they rake the leaves.

Omg someone who isn't a retard, I thought you were all dead

How'd that work for Chicago?

And suddenly President Trump claiming the election system is rigged starts to make sense

I wonder which bit generates all the money while you're fucking your sister?

Trust me I know a lot of retards. Tremendous retards. The retards love me. They love me.

What proportion of gun deaths did that cabbie contribute to preventing?

I've never fucked my sister. That's just words. It's just locker room talk. I have a wonderful Sister, she really is wonderful.

His own, for starters...

Can you explain why 1 person = 1 vote is worst than that?

I mean the whole voting system is not democracy but why do american think this is superior to anything when it's in fact inferior to any other first world voting system.

Not ideas and backgrounds that cause hurt to so many people that already hurt enough in this world.

Well no shit less guns mean less gun related homicides. Too bad homicides in general went up in England and Australia after banning firearms.

Fun fact: Chicago gun laws are no more restrictive than other cities of its size

Lost!

Under fucking rated post

Yep. That's right. He's right you know. So uh huh for sure.

I live in Florida. My arms are bare most of the year.

Growing food = hurting people? Interesting. Thought you fags were all vegans and need those farmers. If you're going to be stupid enough to go against self-preservation, by all means.

There's going to be so many homicides people. Tremendous homicides. There will be so many homicides you all will be tired of all the homicides. Believe me. Everyone is talking about the homicides. Believe me.

I have a house and it has 435 friends in it

The fuck are you talking about autist? Urban cities have always existed you absolute mongoloid, New York would've run the country had this been a pure democracy.

You're fucking autistic, learn before posting.

>alaska
>one giant county

who the fuck designed this bullshit?

All I see is a map of dumbfuckistan with all the areas that ppl were too stupid/lazy to vote marked in red.
It'd be funny if he wasn't going to set the economy, environment and foreign policy back 10 years.

Trump beat Hilary for individual votes...

Less people wanted Hilary

I have a tremendous amount of art. The artists love me.

Sure...
Or maybe it was easier to send some representative to vote together in the capital as to send the votes across the country not knowing if they're getting manipulated or lost on the way.
You know there where no planes and the railroad wasn't that developed in the old days...

A pure republic like in the Greek and Latin city states was exactly like that, citizens all getting together and voting with rocks used as tallies.

Heres a map of states that are democratic AND where Bernie won the primaries.

I would mathematically conclude that this would put these states Bernie support at over 75%

>It'd be funny if he wasn't going to set the economy, environment and foreign policy back 10 years.
You mean back when things actually worked?

look at that chunk of Texas that wants to join Mexico

what a bunch of pussies

Gtfo

Kek

I got better idea we vote by square foot, red wins by far, it is simple question of metrics,if we simplify it to population New York and California would rule the country
We also count illegal immigrants in the totals of electoral college giving higher representation to urban areas

Nice. I'm from Perth. I have big hairy bear arms

troll harder lol. or count again.

Yeah the markets are crashing upon the news Trump won...

We're going to build a wall around Greece and we're going to ban Gyros. It's going to create lost of jobs. So many jobs. The Greeks will pay for it. They will people. The Greeks will pay for it, believe me.

Athens, the founder of democracy, WAS NOT A REPUBLIC YOU DUMBASS.

Rome on the other hand was, it's government system consisted of elected representatives (Senate), two monarchs (Consuls, elected by Senate), and a citizen representation (public council of plebians).

None of which is a direct democracy you absolute dumbass.

You're talking shit. If anything counting every vote the same shows diversity.

Drastically underrated post.

oops meant 25% not 75

Yeah if there is one thing I think of when considering the UK and Australia, it's homicides

Promoting islamaphobia = hurting people
Promoting sexism = hurting people
Promoting = Homophobia/transphobia = hurting people
Pormoting racism = hurting people

they are lazy I know i've hired and fired several, I use asians now

>He'll get in that meeting that all presidents do that tells him what the global status quo is

True, it's not only one meeting, he gets briefed every day now with the same information that the current president gets.
Noticed what he said after speaking to Obama? ;)

You guys live in monster truck country now, deal with it

Remember this is an election by the states, not by the people. If the presidency was decided by popular vote alone then 4-5 big states would decide it every time while every other states voice would be marginalized. California, Texas, Florida, and New York alone are close to half the nations vote total. Without the electoral college politicians would just pander to the largest cities and ignore the rest of the country.

We're also going to ban kangaroos, tea and crumpets. The British are a bunch of rapist murderous thieves, and the Australians. I'm not going to say it. You people know about the Australians. Believe me. Tremendous Australians.

Very simple false equivalency. How does more time spent in office make a better politician?

The greatest reformer in Athenian history was Solon, who literally was never involved in politics before his reforms.

For a more contemporary example, look at Clinton. 30 years in office and scandal after scandal, incompetency after incompetency...

Or Sanders, what was it; 40 years in office and not one difference made except for a failed bid at the presidency?

Dumb false equivalency.

When did any of this happen, do you need a trigger warning before all adult discussions

I'm surprised by how blue CA is. Its the largest chunk of Blue in the country. I thought the areas outside of LA and SF were more conservative.

Crying racism, sexism, homophobe, transphobe, islamaphobe = hurting people

Incorrectly lumping people together and demonizing them, sounds pretty bigoted to me.

WAAAHHH! MOMMY! IT'S A BIGOT! I NEED MY SAFE SPACE!

Believe me I have equivalency. I practically invented equivalency. Believe me. America will have so much equivalency, you'll see. So much were gonna have so much.

I think it was 7 million blue votes and 2 million red votes from Cali.

That's a lot of people on both sides, just more in the cities.