Does anybody on Sup Forums make or want to make music? I want to be a rapper...

Does anybody on Sup Forums make or want to make music? I want to be a rapper, but I feel like I don't have enough musical influences.

Do you have any rappers that influenced you?

why do you want to be a retard attempting poetry OP?

Only Kanye.

I'm in the same boat as you in that I want to make music, but I have tons of artists that I can draw inspiration from. Why do you assume you NEED musical influences? Why not just make the music that sounds the best to you?

Not having any influences is a good thing.
The only edge you currently have is that you probably have no knowledge of what the norm in rap. Cheerish this, grab an instrumental and rap however you want to it. Sounding amateurish and incoherent is accepted and celebrated in rap currently. You can't fail

You're ready

Just don't become a sad boy or brag about shit you don't actually have.
Check out Yoni Wolf's projects like cLOUDDEAD and why? for some influence so you don't become another meme.

>Why do you assume you NEED musical influences?
Because everybody has influences.

>ounding amateurish and incoherent is accepted and celebrated in rap currently. You can't fail
You're right, but I don't want to sound amateurish and incoherent, I'm a perfectionist that wants to make complex music with insightful lyrics.

My super talented friend wants to start a band with me but I think I'm too much of a pussy to go through with it.

15 years of guitar playing and several years of singing haven't done it for me. I'm still too scared.

I don't want to sound exactly like Kanye though, I want to be my own artist, which is why I need other influences.

Try this. And then go be a rapper.

>or brag about shit you don't actually have.
I don't have anything though. No job. No talent. No friends. No girlfriend. I've never smoked weed or drunk. I didn't even have a bank account until last month.

>Only Kanye

Become a producer user, rapping isn't exactly for you.

Just do it you fucking turbopuss!

Listen to more hip hop, get over being too good to listen to stuff you don't consider meaningful. A lot of my favorite production comes from rappers I don't consider particularly good.

What I've heard of MF Doom bores me, I don't like his monotone flow or how he'll rap about nothing/nonsense just to rhyme.

>Listen to more hip hop, get over being too good to listen to stuff you don't consider meaningful.
I listen to Young Thug, Young Dolph, Future, Rae Sremmurd, Schoolboy Q, and YG too. Though I wouldn't say Schoolboy Q and YG are meaningless.
>A lot of my favorite production comes from rappers I don't consider particularly good.
like who?

>turbopuss

That's all I needed. Local open mic here I come!

You like all that regurgitated contrived bullshit and won't give DOOM the time of day? Let alone some stellar production from madlib? An album that redefined hiphop?
Alright kiddo, have fun with your rap career.

Doom is fucking boring you pretentious piece of shit turbocuck, slit your throat with your J. Cole vinyl.

Then don't brag

Then what am I supposed to do? Write about nothing?

Hip hop isn't just about nice cars, drugs and women, check out some de la soul, tribe called quest, early 90's shit that isn't gangsta rap.

ATCQ raps about women. I just shouldn't have made this thread, I feel like I'm dying and my sister is annoying me.

man, you really sound like a bitch.
>I just shouldn't have made this thread
i agree.

I have no right to be mad at you, I thought I said something in the OP post that I didn't. I really dislike 90s hip hop.