Kirk or Picard? Who's the better captain?

And reason(s) why

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qIjOifRG-u8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Picard is the meme pick, but would give the best eulogy at your funeral when you inevitably die.

Kirk is best captain

Sisko is best at inhaling cannibinoids.

Janeway is a war criminal

neither

Better question: Which captain is the least likely to get you killed?

I would say Sisko, but he did start a war.

Kirk obviously

Damn you for making me read that in Garak's voice!
Good question, tho - Archer maybe?

true, but it still makes no sense
they were the first to explore and they had no idea what was out there

it should have been voyager x 100000000000

B-but Janeway's psychotic...and her crew is full of terrorists.

Eh fuck it.
Reasons are not required but here are some anyway:
>Takes on impossible task, and then some
>Never ceases to strive for more
>Saves the crew numerous times, including pic related, despite the enemy having every single Ace in the deck
>Would make R. Daneel prouder than Data ever could
>Pipes any opera singer could envy: youtube.com/watch?v=qIjOifRG-u8

Kirk
>handsome
>great hair
>fighting captain
>gets all the pussy
>best crew
>smart enough to handle himself when he needs to

Picard
>kinda ugly
>bald
>talking captain
>meme crew

>R. Daneel reference
>on the chins
Who ARE you??

Lets compare them

Picard would keep you out of more bad situations but in a bad situation Kirk is who you want.

I'm the dude who pisses people off by telling them I liked Mass Effect, including the ending, because to me the entire 3rd game was basically an action-adventure adaptation of Foundation's Edge.

I will hafta check that out, user - thank you.
And I like thiscomparison! (Not that I'm hating on Picard - he's steady and thoughtful and also great in a crisis.)

>Foundation's Edge.
in other words, you're a fan of ACTUAL science fiction, which is hella fucking rare these days.
people think science fiction = sci fi = running around in spaceships shooting things.

If you catch me on a bad day, I tend to rant an hour at my friends about how impossible it's getting to find the next Isaac Asimov or Stanislav Lem.
I'm sure the dude's out there. I'm sure there's some great books.
But it's not like you can google any key word and come up with anything close to them.

I mean don't get me wrong, I love Star Wars, and a lot of other "Sci-Fi" stuff too, it just bothers me to no end, that I could and did write an essay on the fact that fucking Happy Feet has more reason to call itself a Science Fiction film, than J.J. Abrams' Star Trek.

atm I am reading the Long Earth books by Terry Pratchett & Stephen Baxter. hardly the next Asimov, but pretty good.
shame there won't be any more.

Don't think I read those before, will check them out, thanks!

Picard obviously.

I may not know who was the better captain, but I do know who got the most quality ass.

J.T.K, the pimp of all years.

Kirk is the Trump of Captains. Acting on his first instinct regardless if its the correct path.

>Sisko is best at inhaling cannibinoids.
Makes me want to force some memes just for the hell of it some time.

He held the record until Riker showed up.

Not to mention, Riker turned down 3 seats of his own to stay with the legend.

>Better to be second in command on the first ship than first in command on the last.

Wrong. Better to reign in hell than to serve in heaven.

Source: Khan

If we're talking about who's better at actually being a captain, it has to be Picard. He's the rational and level-headed thinker that you want to be the face of the Federation.
Kirk is a good man but you'd want a filter between him and anything important. That's why Riker is basically Kirk as an XO.

>not Source: Keanu

Good man, good man.

pic forgotten

kirk was the ultimate leader despite being a flawed individual. he knew how to get results, had good instincts, and was assertive and charismatic as opposed to passive-aggressive. he also got the most out of his crew, by far, largely for the reasons i already mentioned.

picard was a risk averse hypocritical facsimile of what people think a thinking mans captain should be. he was great, but he was also an overachieving beta male in disguise.

sisko was kind of a lunatic but is underrated. he was underqualified for the situation he was put in and then did what he had to to make it work. respect.

janeway is one of the worst characters and possibly the worst captain in tv history. im not even going to get started. we all know already.

archer is ok but not great. he was kind of like a homeless mans version of kirk. same type, but weaker in literally every area.

It's 'lower case with line paragraphs' guy.

I'm afraid to read the whole thing out an irrational fear I'll lose some brain cells.

"Commander, tell me about your sexual organs."

Soren, you're drunk and out of control.
You can't just go to other threads asking questions only a J'Nai would without consequence.
I'll tell you soon enough, let me just put my trombone away.

They are quite merry

BIG and WHITE and full of PRIVILEGE

>quite fertile + merry man meme
You've got such..

Picard because to him the battle was the final step during negotiation.

This saved lives, saved treaties, saved time, effort, and even planets.

Kirk was certainly diplomatic but far quicker to pull the trigger on a [CENSORED] when he had the chance.

Captain Placards answer to everything is a stern lecture, so unless you're having trouble sleeping, Kirk is your man

Well, that shitty movie showed that Picard admired Kirk a lot. Maybe you should take that into consideration.

Would Kirk tried to fuck some female borg?

Better question: Who was the best at picking up alien chicks?
Kirk, Riker, or Julien?

if i was a crew member i would want to serve under kirk. if i was a fleet admiral i would i want picard under my command

How does one human being manage to have so many shitty opinions?

Space yourself, Pakled. You are a clog in the gene pool.

>try