Is glam rock good or just embarrassing?

Is glam rock good or just embarrassing?

not even cool ironically

It's shit

Any kind of rock is embarrassing.

It could range from cool to embarrassing, but it mainly depends on the artist. T. Rex were mostly pretty cool, and that album is great.

T. Rex and New York Dolls are some of the most influential and all around best rock groups of all time

Anyone who disagrees is either A) uncertain of their homosexuality, or B) a fucking tool

It's good. Why you would care about any other factor than the sounds going into your ears is beyond me.
T.Rex, Big Star, Bowie, Reed, Iggy Pop, New York Dolls, Roxy Music... all great acts.

*uncertain of their sexuality
I need to go to sleep

Name 1 (ONE) thing wrong with Electric Warrior

Already leaving the thread because I know you can't, so have a good night

mambo sun doesn't go on forever

Big Star are more power pop than glam, but I agree they're fantastic.

Yeah you're right calling them glam might have been a stretch

When you speak of "glam rock" these days most people think of hair metal.

But glam rock and glam metal are totally different eras and genres
Tell all the people they're dumb

>Any kind of rock is embarrassing.

Don't you have a liquor store to rob, LeQuavius James-Jackson?

Electric Warrior [Warner Bros., 1972]

As an acoustic warrior, back when he spelled out his group's first name and did concept albums about unicorns, Marc Bolan was considered "progressive," which meant he was as foolish as Donovan but not as famous. A freak hit turned him into a singer of rhythmic fairy tales for British pre-pubes, exactly what he was always suited for, and the great "Bang a Gong" extends his subject matter into the rock myth itself, which has its limits but sure beats unicorns. Now if he'd only recycle a few more pop readymades I could stop complaining about fey. B

Should have been illegal for such kiddie music to have an album cover that cool.

i can't believe how plebeian this board is. t. rex is legendary and hugely influential

Too bad it's glam.

Glam is ecstacy...