>◉ Rule violation
> I'm not a robot
reporting spammed threads works so go do it
it's time for /gg/ to stop being stupid

I like this thread

>he doesn't play a strat

>tele
vomit

Let's play guitar in the guitar thread. Go to vocaroo or clyp and record a jam or something you've been working on

>playing guitar

You best go back the way you came boy

asked a few threads ago, didn't get an answer

Jaguar or Jazzmaster?

I'm looking in the $700-900 range. Should I go with an older (1990s) MIJ model or a more current version? Also no humbucker pickups so that "classic series" or whatever one is out

get the jazz, less shit to go wrong with wiring.

nobody cares what you want or gives a fuck what you do

Personally I prefer Jazzmasters, and I'd go for something current. Try both and decide for yourself

Who the fuck is the OP of this thread?
What the fuck is your problem? Are you literally autistic? Is reporting other threads because they're not yours something that makes you feel big and powerful, you fucking virgin bitch?

very good job /gg/!
now you all see that reporting spammed threads works
you have all the power here if you want
you just have to learn to control yourselves

T. anally devastated shitposter

Learn how to make proper threads or don't make threads at all.

Your posts are spam. You're trying to fight spam by spamming more.
You are what you're complaining about.

>proper thread

Because it doesn't have the irrelevant malware links it's "improper"?
There's not set OP so stop being a baby about everything

>getting your panties in this much of a bunch over making a thread
wew, is this what autism looks like?

It's ironic really.

The guy complaining and reporting all the threads as "spam" is spamming in return.

>irrelevant malware

How else am I going to calculate my string tension?

Hang yourself my friend

>you fucking virgin bitch

just fyi when you start calling other people virgin as an insult it says a whole lot about you and your own position in life. those of us who have had normal relationships don't even think about virginity ever for it to even be an issue.

I am literally married, so nice projection, mate.

>i-i'm not a virgin
>o-only virgins care about being called a virgin

Virgin detected

Why can't we just make a new thread

>
>
>
/gg/ you see how he wants to engage me now?
I will not
I'm in control here
and he is not
pic very much related
learn from me my children

Because the reporterspammer will just report it and cry to mods.

cheers

very good job /gg/!
now you all see that reporting spammed threads works
you have all the power here if you want
you just have to learn to control yourselves

None of those threads were actually spammed, we just wanted a new thread and you reported all of them so you could have your own

/gg/ you see how he wants to engage me now?
I will not
I'm in control here
and he is not
pic very much related
learn from my example my children

This guy spamming about how to reported spam is literally crazyaga posting without his trip.
Like always, never give him attention and eventually he'll get bored and leave for a while

This "general" is shit anyway. Nobody here has a decent attitude, it's all bitterness and hatred. Instead of talking about love for guitars and music, this place becomes nothing more than a platform for depressed miserable angry people to vent their nasty depraved poisonous filth. Fuck you all.

Its literally one guy.
Just report his spam, and ignore him.

you were the reason for the shitposting in the first place, but whatever, great thread.

I like playing guitar!

Me too!

>posting about cutting back on spam and shitposts when 90% of posters are asleep or at work

Wow, sure showed me, faggot.

Lets do one of these. Any topic of your choice.

Wow guys, so do I!

On a scale from 1 to 10 how comfy do you think that dog is?

I think if that dog was any more comfy it'd die.

Honest question. Why is it recomended to replace guitar strings more often than other instruments like violins or violas?

I need music for this feel something like this maybe
youtube.com/watch?v=1plARzmiX5k

Because those are animal hairs and nylons whereas an electric guitar uses metal strings, most commonly steel, which corrode over time.

also I'd like to point out to the mods that there are plenty of off topic posts in this thread relating to the spamming shitposter problem we've been dealing with in /gg/ for a while now
pay attention morons
it'd be nice if you idiots could actually give a shit and do your fucking jobs for once

Why is ESP so based

What? You are thinking of the bow hair. My viola strings are metal.

I like ESPs, but those japanese signatures sometimes border on the retarded.

bassfags

show me your favorite dirt tones

hey just in case you missed it moron
that list includes my last two posts as well just to drive my point home
now how about you do your fucking job like you've got some common sense?

If I was endorsed by ESP japan id have some ridiculous shit too

You first

They're slowly multiplying.

If you insist

clyp.it/pz4zmguc

Wsup chris

Sure

clyp.it/50yowozg

Also if someone could tell me where I'm stealing this chord progression from that would be cool. It's familiar as fuck but I can't place it

Hey guys

What's a good guitar?

Serious question: What's a good guitar around 500 € with HSS pickups, 22 frets and double cutaway body shape that will sound good clean and crunched? I would like a locking nut and a fixed bridge, if possible.

>locking nut and fixed bridge
Good luck my spoonfed friend

Salutations

I looked through all guitars on thomann (and thomann has a shitton of guitars) and could't find anything that fits all those criteria. Especially not the locking nut.

>locking nut and a fixed bridge
Why? That's going to be impossible to find, and kind of pointless honestly. Even omitting the locking nut it would still be hard to find. You could try looking at used Charvels. I think most of them are 22-frets, but I haven't seen many HSS ones.

Honestly the locking nut isn't really necessary, I just want the guitar to stay in tune and that seems to help. Right now I have a guitar with a floating trem but I blocked it so it's essentially a fixed bridge.

HSS just because I want a strat-y type sound from the neck (and middle) pickups, but I might just get something with HH and rewire it to switch the coils between series and parallel.

Essentially: What's a versatile guitar for around 500 €? (used is an option)
I like playing high notes, hence the 22+ frets (so no memecasters).

Any guitar is versatile. Split coils dont sound like single coils, if you want that sound then get that set up. Your blocked trem still has fine tuners which any fixed bridge wont have, so youll be unlocking the nut all the time. If you want to stay in tune then get better tuners, higher gear ratio and better tolerances.

Had some fun committing bass gore tonight. My bro's dog decided my practice Talman was a chew toy and chewed the shit outta my fretboard. While I'm waiting for a new fretboard to come in I decided to Jaco it. Surprisingly it turned out real nice. It looks like garbage but it plays 10x better.

>stickers

who here /nopedals/?
can't afford that shit man

>tfw lost inspiration

Try looking at used HSH Ibanez Prestiges. Most of them hover around $1000, but you can find them for a lot cheaper if you're persistent.

>tube amps
>Pedals
>Gibson guitars
>Fender guitars
>Bass guitars with more than 4 strings
>Erg's
>Stone and/or wood picks
>Expensive cables
>Jazz guitar
>Blues guitar
>Anything "handwired"
>Pointy guitars
>"Finger" style

O I am laffin

older ibanez S series/

>Ibenhad

ebin meemay

>ibanez
>meme
You aint wrong

It's to cover the chew marks and dings. It's a sub $100 bass so idgaf I'll do what I want to it. You elitists that are too terrified to touch your own instrument make me chuckle.
VSTs or a cheap all in one pedal are probably your friend mane
It happens, just pick up a new instrument or hobby and work on learning that til you get a hankering to come back to it
Just go to a music store and try out different guitars that appeal to you. When you find one you like stick with it for several years that way you know exactly what you want and won't need to ask retards here for advice

>It's to cover the chew marks and dings. It's a sub $100 bass so idgaf I'll do what I want to it. You elitists that are too terrified to touch your own instrument make me chuckle.
Autism speaks. What kind of idiot leaves his instrument some place where it can get damaged? And I've been fixing guitars for years, you're not a special snowflake because you think you can replace a fretboard.

so a digitech?

>split coils don't sound like single coils
Parallel != split, but you're right.
>If you want to stay in tune then get better tuners, higher gear ratio and better tolerances.
Gotcha, won't insist on the locking nut then.

I saw an SA for under 500 recently, might check it out.

want to play metalcore and black metal

what should I learn and know?

>Just go to a music store and try out different guitars that appeal to you
I will, but I want to narrow it down a little first.
Trying guitars at the store won't really give me a good impression though, since my liking or disliking a certain guitar might just be down to the different amp / effects.

I just assumed you were using the wrong terms because everyone else here does.

To suck dick

I can understand people calling parallel coils "split" because it sounds treble-y like a single coil and they figure the other coil is just "dead", but why would anyone call split coils "parallel"?

Chromatic tremolo picking, how to rip off swedish death metal riffs, and chugging on your open strings

how to walk like a crab

How to listen to styles and emulate them

How to do your own makeup without a mirror

fuck lads

this really sicc jag for $60 was just flagged for removal from CL.

i had been hounding the person with emails for the past week or so since i saw it with no response and now just checking the listing and it's been flagged for removal.

is it over? did it get sold? i even went over asking price to get my hands on it and nothing.

i think this is it....time to commit sudoku

Because theyre retarded and either think the terms are interchangeable, or that latching on to one term for everything that utilizes tapped coils

Someone might have got robbed going to get it

Oh well, what do you expect? Only a small fraction of artists seem to care about the technology they use to produce their art, and an even smaller fraction understands the theoretical foundations of that technology.
Me, I'm an EE so I have an idea of what's going on inside there, which is why I mentioned rewiring shit myself.

I don't even care about them not knowing hiw it works, most people can't explain the inner workings of a car. Everyone think's theyre an expert, and when you tell them they're wrong(even being polite about it) they sperg out trying to defend their image. On an anonynous message board, where they could just stop responding and no one would think twice. Some are trolls, most are just idiots.

Dunning-Kruger effect. They don't know enough to know they know next to nothing. They haven't passed Mt. Supid yet.

pic related, you trying to act superior over me putting stickers on a practice instrument is fucking retarded man.
you can get Zoom pedals sub $25 senpai and it will have you covered for most basic sounds
Play it without an amp. Comfiness should be your main target for that sort of price range as most instruments in that price range will vary greatly in quality. Don't worry too bad about tone, your strings, electronics, pickups, and pedals will be the main decider of that which you can change later. The instrument itself doesn't matter too badly unless you're wanting to do feedback stuff.
High pass filter, couple of Distortion pedals, a tremolo pedal, very low string action (don't worry about fret buzz it won't matter and will add to the authenticity), and some practice with Tremolo Picking will take you places.
Check this for some ideas
youtube.com/watch?v=J6A-XSRWSx8

At least you're using your instrument mate (unlike 'others')

Why the fuck are all guitar stompboxes mono? If I want stereo effects do I really need to buy all my stompboxes twice?

>High pass filter
what is that excatly? google didnt give me a clear answer
and I am a bit confused about a tremolo pedal
as I know that's smth like this youtube.com/watch?v=e8xkukid_2o
so why do I need that for playing metalcore/bm?
wow rude

>pic related, you trying to act superior over me putting stickers on a practice instrument is fucking retarded man
Whats fucking retarded is you not being able to take an obvious joke. That's why pic related is you.

You could do that or you could buy stereo stompboxes