This guy has to be stupid. If more people like one candidate, then that fucking candidate should win

This guy has to be stupid. If more people like one candidate, then that fucking candidate should win.

Nice bait.

Go back to school and learn Government class again! or did you forget to take it!

Genderstudies class detected

Republicans have said the same thing multiple times but when we do it we are told "thats why we have the electoral college!" What makes you so fucking special?

You really can't expect to have a real discussion about this topic on Sup Forums. Most of these faggots are trolls and will just call this bait to make themselves feel better and assume that they are right without having to listen to opposing points of view.

What if 'more people' are only more people because those who aren't citizens voted in the general election since sanctuary state that's intentionally lax in enforcing the law?

Get a new tin foil hat
>Noided

That part about being a democratic republic is true. And California won't leave the US. How would it support its self?

My biggest objection to the EC is the number of electors. People in some big states have 1 electoral vote per 500,000 people. People in shithole flyover states get 1 electoral vote per 100,000 in some cases.
I'm all for giving them a voice, but why should their vote count more than mine?

When? The last time the electoral college vs popular vote was an issue was Bush vs Gore, another Republican win.

Obama won the popular vote both times didn't he?

no thanks, id rather los angeles, new york and chicago alone not decide on a president. go to school you dumb cuck.

Because that was what was promised to the rural states to get them to join the union. A larger say in matters that might pertain to them. Otherwise, you would have 2-3 states shitting all over the needs of the entire country simply because they have more people.

This

and it's about as fair now as the 3/5ths compromise.

hows about this: they get their bigger say, niggers go back to only counting as 3/5ths of a person?

Now you're talking!

>If more people like one candidate, then that fucking candidate should win.

By what sort of logic? That's just your own desires and it is not reflected in reality at all. The electoral college exists for a reason, and I suggest you learn what that reason is before you go crying like a little bitch.

chis

We will never know what the real popular vote would be. Think of all the democrats who live in red states like Texas, republicans who live in blue states like Cali. Theres so many people who don't bother voting because they know it won't make any difference

Don't worry, they'll change their tune the minute it's helping their party again.

As someone who seriously hates both R and D, this election is really entertaining

I'd rather prefer a system where the number of votes you get is based upon how much land you own.

Technically, California is like the 5th biggest economy in the world if it was its own country. But they have no money because of too many entitlements.

Well it's true that California will in no way secede.
But you'd be surprised how self-sufficient California is. Remember, USA takes pride in the power of its individual states united as one to help the overall nation.

States like California, Texas, and New York can hold their own if left to their own devices.

I'm not a fan of winner-take-all, but having the electoral college is better than not.

yes once in a lifetime, never again

>The whole system is rigged folks and hillary knows it

Wrong. Faggot

Yeah I'll take electoral college for 500, Alex

When do CTR shills stop getting paid?

the problem idiots look at this and say look at all the red on the map. but there is a thing called population density more than 50% of the population lives in the blue areas

They're doing it for free.

YUH

you can do better than that.

tell that to bill and obama

Yes, and what does this 50% blue area know about the needs of 95% of the country?

"WE NEED 10GBIT INTERNET TO OUR HOMES."
"Actually, we could use some aid with the farms an--"
"FUCK YOU. INTERNETS."

After Ferguson, Baltimore, and Milwaukee, I'm not seeing a problem with your proposal.

California and New York would have to make some major policy changes to be self-sustaining, changes I think the same people calling for leaving the US would ultimately be unwilling to to put in place.

The united states is a representative republic, not a direct democracy. The candidate with the most votes does not win. I dont understand why people cant hammer this into their skulls.

Also
>secession
Lol. The ones threatening to secede in california are assmad democrats in the bay area. Congress will never let them secede. None of them have the balls (surgically removed) to pull a south. And even if they did, none of them even know how a gun works let alone how to fight, so any serious rebellion would be shut down in a matter of hours.

Next time maybe fucktards will actually show up to vote. ~230 million voting age people in this country and only 120 million vote

California could never secede.

>California secedes
>USA invades
>Steamroll because lol no gunz
>forced to become bitch state of the USA

How about this, if you aren't a landowning male you don't even get to fucking vote.

Oh wait, if that were the case a democrat would never get elected again.

Funny how the electoral college wasn't a problem until it started hurting niggas' fee fees.

Grow some skin. You libs lost, suck it the fuck up.

>implying

So you would rather have some 5 states that contribute nothing to the nation economically decide for the entire country?

You're right. Many feel the same way. Hillary wins popular vote hence she should become the president. This is literally the 5th time in 240+ years this has happened in our history.

Is it time to do away with the shitty electoral college? Of course. Will it happen? Of course not, unfortunately.

I am literally moving to Canada in 3 months. I have a job offer which I've accepted, comfy salary, currently looking at houses and I could even get citizenship if I wanted it. Don't give a fuck what any of these trumpbots say, you know "hurr durr fuck off we don't want you here anyway", because it truly doesn't matter to me. I have a good way of bailing out of this shithole this country has become and I took it. Sorry for the majority of people who didn't want to be stuck with this orange waste of skin, but did anyway.

Hopefully someone assassinates the trumpanzee, or may he do something outrageously stupid enough for the electoral college to vote against him before mid December. Though I doubt it, since they probably still have his Twitter account due to the massive lack of self control, and after all he's done and said, I'm sure his Russian butt-buddies would be delighted to help him into the Whitehouse regardless.

Surreal as fuck. See ya guys, may the next 4 years not be a complete disaster for most of you economically, since his primary constituency is poor/lower middle class/uneducated--good luck.

I agree with this

No state fucken could. People that think that will happen is retarded. If it did, it would become the France of the Americas.

You are actually retarded; Democrats have tried to move to popular vote multiple times, it's exclusively democratic states that have agreed to a compact to cast electoral college ballots based on popular vote if more than 270 votes can be secured.

Republicans have blocked this at every turn they can for the same reason they always have, the current system allows them an unreasonably high level of representation at all levels of government given the portion of the population they represent.

The whole idea is an obvious play that would only work on knuckle dragging troglodytes like yourself; people retarded enough to think that physical area is more important that the populations mandate.

So, you morally bankrupt or retarded? Because it's the second time you guys have been more than happy to thrust a fucking awful candidate into office with this system.

california is self sustaining for now but there has been a drought for the last 4 years there and its only gonna get worse. do you wanna live in a desert country with no aid from a larger republic?

People have no right to complain that Hillary lost because electoral college is unfair. Why? Because both sides knew the rules and conditions for winning. They knew what they had to do (and Hillary cruise controlled, believing the now known to be wildly inaccurate polls).

It's not like some wizard rolled up at then end and said, "Yes, yes. Very good, Hillary. Very good. HOWEVER...."

The electoral college exists for a reason? Wow such an insightful analysis. Yes it exists so that rednecks have a louder voice than liberals. I bet you wouldn't like it if it was the other way around would you? Most countries that have democratic elections go by what the people want the most and have more than 2 parties. This allows so that the whole nation doesn't vote for the same party all the time plus a wider pool of candidates and each vote is worth the same.

>I am literally moving to Canada in 3 months.
my sides
>this shithole this country

>moving to Canada

>moving to Canada

>moving to Canada

So you are moving to a country where you have less rights and a economy that relies on this "shithole". Please nigger.

You aren't moving anywhere.

Your feelings are going to be fucked by the trump train for 1-2 years and then you will realize that it is actually better than Obama and the picture that the media painted him as is literally no at all true.

this is hilarious when you consider most of you cucks voted for trump because they called yall raciss

>Yes it exists so that rednecks have a louder voice than liberals.

Wow such an insightful analysis.

Protip: it exists because we are a fucking republic, not a democracy. The US is a union of states. It is utterly irrelevant what other countries do because they aren't the fucking United States.

Not quite.

Thing is she won the popular vote by 1% so it's not a landslide. People are making this out to be faaaar more crazy than it needs to be faggots.

lol she had what like 1-2% more popular vote than trump, not exactly a clear mandate

elector college isn't really a problem, people just like to act like it is when dems lose

this coming from a democrat

>implying our current system doesn't allow a few states control the entire nation.

>niggers go back to Africa
fixed it for you

exactly, keep voting with your feefees.

one step at a time...

gerrymandering is a problem tho. for both sides but for one side more

only if you keep staying mad bro XDDDD

Why, exactly, dont you like him? Most Dem's im seeing with this attitude are just whiny fuck bags with no real evidence to back there bs claims for hating him so much. "hurr durr racist lgbt die muslims" Like where are you getting this shit from. He's said he will protect LGBT rights, he wants to stop immigration from terrorist nations, and he wants to stop illegal mexican immigration. Along with Tax reform, healthcare reform, lowering the income tax, simplifying the entire tax system. Like WTF are you cry babys complaining about. We watched Obama get elected twice. Did we go out an burn flags? No. Did we go out and riot? No. Did we try to succeed when Obama care started tripling our monthly dues? No. WTF is wrong with you cry baby little bitches, are your feelings so hurt that the only way you can deal with it is by leaving the country??? You fucking lost, lick your wounds and deal with it. Give the guy a fuckin chance ffs. If he doesn't follow through with promises, or blatantly fucks over a percentage of the population. He will get his ass voted out in 4 years. Stop being a bunch of pussys. Thicken your fuckin skin and play with the hand you're dealt......fuck.

You actually think its fair for democrats to brainwash kids for decades in prison err public school and get boatloads of immigrants to California so you can win every election.

Look at this goy, go and move to Canada, Trump hasn't stopped winning and he isn't even technically president yet, you can lust over the president there and hang out with a bunch of second class IT call center workers. You couldn't hang in America where real men drink real beer and winning is a national sport, you sound like a loser whining his little girl whine all the way across the border.

Well, they have plenty of trees up there, there should be enough tissue paper over there to dry your baby soft cheeks wet with the morning cryers dew.

When you freeze your butt off I'll be in Arizona, the red state of kings, sucking down your mommas pussy.

You'll probably feel good I gave you the response you wanted but don't, I get off on schooling little bitchbois like you.

DAY OF THE RAKE WHEN

Enjoy paying higher taxes and shitty medical care faggot, hell I'll trade my cunuck Cizitzenship for your American one.

the small states that benefit from the elector college aren't just red states, there are a number of them on the east coast too

yeah european countries have electoral systems that have different benefits than america but they also have about 200 million less people and how they're spread/divided is different as well

In both the 2000 and 2016 elections the democrat candidate only had about a 1-2% lead in the popular vote

>it exists because we are a fucking republic, not a democracy.

Wrong! That's not it. Other republics around the world don't have the EC that we have. Try again

Isnt a parliamentary system better then the electoral college. It allows for more parties, wider opinions, and a much larger say in the federal government from small area. To be honest I think the american presidential system is just inefficient.

Sure, but others do, so I'm not really seeing what point you're trying to make. Are you just whining because the US isn't identical to certain other countries?

People overstate the problem of gerrymandering.

The electoral college exists because it allows certain states to matter. Literally there would be no point to even show political representation in half of our states.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._states_and_territories_by_population

anything less than 1% would literally be completely ignored.

I was under the impression that all of the vote still isn't in yet. How up-to-date are you people?

I love how all these people were raving on about how Trump would lose because of the electoral college, but might get the popular vote and that there would be complaining and riots and shit. They were almost gloating about the possibility. And now that the same thing has happened to Clinton, that side have started.

>illegal for them to even do this, therefor would never happen
plus hillary only won cali by 2m votes, 3m people are in cali who voted trump

If it was just a popularity vote then all they would have to do is go to major cities in the country. The literally-who counties wouldn't even matter.

Just win over New York, San Fransisco, Detroit, etc. and badda bing badda boom, you're the next president.

>insert explanation of electoral college
>OP an heros

'member when last week trump supporters were threatening civil war if he lost.
I member

>Why exactly don't you like him

I disagree with Trump on increasing military spending, decreasing taxes on the wealthy and corporations, gutting the EPA, trying to reinvest in coal, denying climate change, wanting to privatize roads, gutting the department of education.

I think pulling back on the global stage will do nothing but weaken America's influence and let Russia and China fill the vacuum. I think banning Muslims from entering the country is asinine as most terrorist attacks have been from citizens. I don't believe that climate change is a hoax invented by the Chinese.

He has yet to really answer how his fiscal policy is going to decrease the deficit in any meaningful way and the US isn't going to beat China in a trade war. I don't see how more deregulation in the market is going to lead to anything but another market crash.

I actually agree with Trump on immigration but that pro doesn't outweigh the cons. We'll see how these four years go.

yeah whats not to love

The point is that the EC benefits only one side of the spectrum while fucking over the other and it allows a few insignificant states control the election. If you live in Nebraska, Mississippi, Vermont or New York the presidential candidates won't appeal to what you want, in fact it's pointless to be a republican in California or a democrat in Texas, might as well not vote. And this shows because only half of the population did and a few thousand voted for Harambe.

I think op is a faggot
but i must say
>plus hillary only won cali by 2m votes, 3m people are in cali who voted trump

citations?

Kek
Day 1 - Nevada no longer provides electrical power to LA.
Day 2 - riots destroy all major cities business centers.

You get the point...It's an idiotic idea

I am not aware of anyone thinking Trump would lose the electoral college and win the popular vote. That is backwards to known realities in the county's current demographics. Are you perhaps referring to the calls of the election being Rigged by the Trump people?

Hillary won the popular vote only because the popular vote is meaningless. Trump didn't try in California because lose by a vote or lose by ten million votes, no difference. He knew he couldn't win.

If you don't count California he won the popular vote by ten times as much as Hillary won it by including California. Had the popular vote meant anything at all Trump would have tried to get more votes in Cali and he'd be way ahead in the popular vote.

With the EC all you have to do is appeal to literally-who counties and ignore the majority of the population.

You just like it because you won or you live in a literal-who county.

So you propose eliminating the electoral college because it benefits a few states, ignoring the fact that the elimination of the EC would benefit only a few states? If there were no EC, candidates would campaign in the top 20 biggest cities only. Their campaign promises would appeal only to city dwellers while the entire rest of the country gets shafted. The electoral college helps prevent big cities from running the entire country. It helps the littler guys have some say in the government. Which is important unless you like civil wars.

Yeah, California isn't going anywhere. Sure I'd love to see the people pushed off into the ocean but the land is too important. We schemed too long and too hard in order to snatch it from Mexico just to let some fucking hippies run off with it.

>fuck these hillbillies
>this soylent green is delicious

liberals everyone

You must be from a coastal area. Most of your first paragraph is a large reason why I voted for him.

I think that if anyone knows best about what do with the market, its Trump. (dont pull out his bankruptcy bs, as you and I both know the amount of failed ventures hes had is uber small compared to success ) Renewing positive relations with Russia is one of the best things we could have done. No world leader respected Hillary, (except maybe the Saudis and Iran due to her shoveling money up their asses)

This is why the president has advisors, he has a vision and they help make it a reality.

I say give the guy an honest chance. If he fails, vote him out.

Day 1: Nevada doesn't get business from California and has to increase taxes on its population. Making nevadese (whatever) poeple have lower standards of living.

>The mountain behind my farm deserves a vote, too!

Trump is going to win the popular vote when all votes are in. Take it to the bank, shitlibs.

>Nevada
>almost entire economy is tourism
>thinks Californians won't go there for weed and hooker weekends

Don't be silly user

>Redding

Nevadan here.

Actually we'd be fine. We supply electricity and water to southern California. The effects of that being cut off is civilization itself for that region. Tourism dollars? Easily compensated for. Besides we get people flying in from all over the world every single day of the week.

plus the valley produces too much food

>fee fees

damn son, i lost hard.