Why is it Quentin's best movie?

Why is it Quentin's best movie?

I remembered there was a sequel but it's so vague in my mind I couldn't tell if that was really the case. Just checked, there are actually two sequels.
How do they compare?

>Straight to video

You tell me

That he acted in? Debatable.

Directed? He didn't direct it.

it isn't. Pulp Fiction is better.

Also the TV series does the lead up to the bar better. Movie is too tryhard with them acting all macho while the gas station blows up behind them. Clooney is terrible, you can see it in his face, the self awareness of "damn, I am ACTING".

I was really enjoying it until they got to the strip joint.

yes he did

he directed part of it

Best twist I've ever seen in a movie
BAM! Vampires! From out of absolutely fucking nowhere

He wrote the screenplay

because he didnt direct it and Rodriguez is a comfy director

seriously, you watched the movie not knowing ahead of time they would encounter vampires?

i dunno if i watched it like that if I'd enjoy it though, something supernatural as a 'twist' seems like a cop out.

>the only cool points Clooney gets from me is for being involved in this movie
>he said he regrets making it
Keep selling coffee machines, George.

Not him but I did it too. At first I tought it would be a story about rape or something like that

it's not a twist ending so its not a cop out really

what? learn how to write
I didnt know what I was in for either, and I loved it

wasn't this the role that made people take him seriously though?

>wasn't this the role that made people take him seriously though?
It was. He kept getting big roles afterwards. FDtD put him on the map.

The line where a young, tight, not-yet-insane Juliette Lewis goes

>Do me a favor and eat my pussy for me, wouldya?

made me an instant fan of this movie.

However, as for Quentin's best....

>pic related

imo it just edges out Pulp Fiction, although I'd rather watch Pulp Fiction and think it's much more entertaining and a better social commentary of the times.

Jackie Brown edges it imo due to the more substantial, timeless story.

In Dusk til Dawn they're trying to get to El Rey's after doing a bank robbery. This is the same El Rey who was a main character in Planet Terror. I'm not sure if people know this but I thought it was a nice touch.

I went into it blind with a bunch of friends, maybe the most fun I've ever had watching a movie.

What I most enjoyed was how in the space of less than 2 minutes, they managed to cut through the "I don't believe in vampires" bullshit.