Why do you talk about the Beach Boys more than the Beatles the far superior group

Pet Sounds > Any Beatles album

Saying that, The Beatles have a far superior discography

tomorrow never knows > 'feelsy' pop songs

>'feelsy' pop songs
>talking about the Beatles

>implying tomorrow never knows even touches any of the tracks on Pet Sounds.
wew

Because it's all pleb murricans in here.
Not that the Beatles are any better.

Beach Boys is just Beatles for hipsters

>If records had a director within a band, I sort of directed Pepper. And my influence was basically the Pet Sounds album. John was influenced by it, perhaps not as much as me...I've often played Pet Sounds and cried

literally one song

>She's Leaving Home

THE FACT THAT

I unironically like both equally.

Brian Wilson answered Rubber Soul by making a record that used the studio as an instrument and was so fixated on outdoing himself by such a large margin that he collapsed. The Beatles managed to have three incredible songwriters who exercised a lot of creative control while the Beach Boys were stuck with Brian doing everything they didn't want to do, but something truly unprecedented that made Sgt. Pepper, The White Album, and Abbey Road possible. They couldn't have succeeded without each other, and unfortunately Brian just didn't have the right people to properly release Smile. He was a little too ahead of the game and he gambled his psyche in the process while the Beatles argued and people like Beefheart exercised insane control. He was a little too good and a little too nice a little too early to ever establish himself as the single greatest album architect ever.

Even as an unfinished masterpiece, I think Smile is THE greatest album effort of all time. It killed Brian to think that the Beatles "got there first" but the perfect teenage encapsulation of Pet Sounds and absolute childhood wonder of Smile I think are stylistically superior to any Beatles effort. They just had the wiggle room to breathe and grow.

the beatles have a more vast and consistent discography, but the beach boys' peak (pet sounds) blows the fuck out of anything the beatles ever did

How can you honestly think that when Revolver, Sgt. Pepper AND Abbey Road exist?

I bought this argument a while back, but listening to Revolver destroyed it pretty quickly. Revolver is perhaps as good a record as mankind can create, it's an absolutely stunning showcase of songwriting. Here, There And Everywhere is as good as any Pet Sounds love song, arguably better, and the likes of She Said She Said and Tomorrow Never Knows are pure genius from Lennon. Pet Sounds is absolutely fantastic but Revolver is untouchable as the best album ever.

even quarter of an album (last side of abbey road) is better than pet sounds

fuck off you beach boyspleb

revolver drops to a 9.5 because of yellow submarine

prove me wrong

Summer in paradise is far better than pet sounds or revolver.

just because you associate one of the most popular songs of all time with your lack of social conditioning doesn't mean it's a bad song

>it's popular so it's good
xddd

if it was sung by brian wilson and was after barnyard on smile you would love it

and if it was on pet sounds i wouldn't like it, i'd say why is this goofy shit not a single, why is it ruining the tone of the album

lol

I love how the facial expression of that whale represents the band at this point so well.

>masturbates to sloop john b

we talk more about the beatles than we do about the beach boys

well - there's more to talk about

I listen to Revolver over and over and I can never understand what people are fucking talking about. I can imagine it being really out-there when it came out and it's got some great pop tunes on it, but geez, Pet Sounds still blows me away everytime I hear it and when I see people compare them so closely it just seems insane. They seem so far apart. You could hear plenty of stuff quite similar to Revolver nowadays, but nothing even remotely similar to Pet Sounds and its impenetrable sounds and textures. It's more cohesive, more experimental, more profound, just more everything.

pet sounds isn't 'experimental'

It's far more experimental than Revolver.

How so?

name just one 1966 song that is more experimental than Tomorrow Never Knows

its phil spector styled pop songs

>it's popular so it's not good
xddd

Some very unique and genre-shifting instrument choices (such as coke cans, waterbottles, theremins, the harpiscord that lingers throughout the album), some down-right absurd chord progressions, ridiculous depth to the instrumentation, one of the first albums ever to have thematic consistency (to the point where many claim it as the first ever concept album), the decision to leave in studio voices which was un-heard of at the time, purely instrumental tracks. The list goes on and on. Brian Wilson set out to make classically trained musicians play like rock musicians and it really brings a unique feeling and texture to the album that I've yet to see recreated.

The title track for Pet Sounds.

None of this is experimental.

Nice try though

Water is wet. Who doesn't acknowled-

This board is dead.

Ermm... no...

Okay, so I guess "ay, nice riff John, but what if it were reversed" "ah shit, fuckin' ur a legen' Paul, fucking crank it" is more experimental than innovations in musical structure, organic sounds, and chord progression. Adding some whispers and voices is more experimental than some borderline jazz structures and chords. Why are Beatles fans so fucking shallow, musically?

Beatlesfags are entertaining because they are totally unaware of how harmonically powerful a lot of John and Paul's best works are and just constantly cite muh tape loops as being the greatest contribution to rock music on the planet.

>reversing the experience of time and space
>not experimental

>I don't know what experimental music is
No. Experimental music adheres to the experimental process

>Why are Beatles fans so fucking shallow, musically?
Why were there so many errors here >71136389 ? Beach Boysfags don't seem to know their history/facts

>they were like so ahead of their time bro
>they reversed a tape loop and it was like reversing time and space itself man!!!

Nice mental gymnastics, faggot. Go drop acid and play in traffic.

try to reverse a guitar riff and make it sound good

>m8 let me just fooking record some dogs barking and cola cans

>>I don't know what experimental music is

>I think experimental music is people fucking around with reel to reel tape recorders while their friend plays a tambura

Cool stuff, faglord.

do you guys realise how stupid this discussion is

>I think experimental music is people fucking around and making fire engine sirens

You realise how much you sound

>Some very unique and genre-shifting instrument choices (such as coke cans, waterbottles
Spike Jones did it a decade before WIlson
>theremins
There are no theramins on Pet Sounds.
>ridiculous depth to the instrumentation,
Phil Spector did it first.
>one of the first albums ever to have thematic consistency (to the point where many claim it as the first ever concept album),
Frank Sinatra and Woody Guthrie did it first
>the decision to leave in studio voices which was un-heard of at the time,
Literally the first few seconds of the first Beatles album was an in-studio voice they left in
>purely instrumental tracks.
Wow don't tell The Ventures about this!
>Brian Wilson set out to make classically trained musicians play like rock musicians and it really brings a unique feeling and texture to the album that I've yet to see recreated.
If you are referencing The Wrecking Crew, they shifted from jazz to rock in the early 60s, before they even played on a single Beach Boys session.
>I think experimental music is people fucking around with reel to reel tape recorders while their friend plays a tambura
If it follows the experimental process in which the outcome is unknown, then it is.

Please keep up.

>There are no theramins on Pet Sounds.

Argument completely discarded.

Keep reading wikipedia articles for your info, none of it will change the fact that anyone with ears should be able to hear a theremin on I Just Wasn't Made for These Times, so either you're partly deaf or you haven't actually listened to the album.

Either way, thanks for invalidating your posts so that I don't feel the need to waste time talking to you anymore.

>the experimental process
So, just fucking throwing random things about, trudging through thousands and completely terrible and useless ideas to get that one great thing out of pure luck? That's more valuable and experimental than someone intentionally, through skill and eccentric musical ability, creating music that plays with the actual essence of the music (the structure, the harmonies, the chords, the instruments)? God, you guys are fucking idiots. The Beatles's experimentation was gimmicky at best. They wrote good pop songs, but in terms of actual musical proficiency and composition, they couldn't touch Brian Wilson.

The Beach Boys fucking suck.

Stay mad brianfags

>Tfw too smart to stay sane after making an 8/10 album

Beatlesfags, ladies and gentlemen.

>just fucking throwing random things about, trudging through thousands and completely terrible and useless ideas to get that one great thing out of pure luck?
Are you talking about the Smile Sessions here?
>intentionally, through skill and eccentric musical ability, creating music that plays with the actual essence of the music (the structure, the harmonies, the chords, the instruments)
Are you taking about Revolver here?
>doesn't know the difference between a theremin and an electro-theremin
Stop discussing music at any time

>Stop discussing music at any time

Nice semantics, dipshit. Either you're backpedaling or you're just a sad, pedantic fuck.

In face of facts that call up brian's unoriginality you sperg over "muh too random can't understand reel tapes are something revolutionary in the history of music"

Ooops you didn't address my argument. Try again?

Also you forgot to address the rest of the ones here

I'm not even the guy you were responding to, I just wanted to politely point out that you were completely wrong in what you said and now you're backpedaling. Good, honest effort.

i know there's an answer is the only beach boys song that can hold a candle towards lennon and mccartney desu

>I'm not even the guy you were responding to
Why does that matter? I am asking you to refute these thing, since you are cherrypicking what to refute.
>I just wanted to politely point out that you were completely wrong in what you said
How so? They are two separate instruments. user misspoke, and now you are defending his error. Better stop posting.

hi colin you autistic fuck

>Why does that matter?

Are you autistic? It matters because I never refuted anything you said other than the theremin point, so asking me to further elucidate on points I never made is fucking stupid. Do you know how conversations work? You can't ask someone to explain why they disagree with you when they never disagreed with you.

>How so? They are two separate instruments. user misspoke, and now you are defending his error. Better stop posting.

It's virtually the same thing, and you know what he meant when he said that. This is the definition of pedantic, and it's what people do when they're 1) on the spectrum or 2) running out of actual arguments and need to resort to semantics to feel like they're keeping up with an argument.

that's literally the worst song on the album

Still better than most beatles songs though

>Do you know how conversations work?
Do you? You apparently butted into someone else's.
>It's virtually the same thing
Nope. Look it up. Ever played a theremin before?

Also
>I just wanted to politely point out
>dipshit
>you're just a sad, pedantic fuck.

Have a nice day.

>Do you? You apparently butted into someone else's.

This is a forum for open discussion. Every post you make is open to be addressed by any number of people, even if they merely drop in to insult you. That's how this sort of social environment works.

Expecting each person who responds to your post to commence an argument with you assuming the exact stance with the person you're actively arguing with is literally autism in practice.

>This is a forum for open discussion
Thanks for the discussion.

Goodbye

Ooh, interesting, does Captain Sperglord von Beatles Shill need the last word in every internet debate he gets in? Let's find out.

Why are you so angry and eager to diagnosis people with disabilities?

youre talking to yourself now

I like them both. They were pretty much polar opposites in terms of band dynamics. The Beach Boys had one incredibly gifted songwriter who carried the band despite being held back by the others while the Beatles had 3 good songwriters who were way too full of themselves, but kept one another's styles and egos in check.

That said, neither of them ever made an album as good as Safe as Milk, Trout Mask Replica, or Lick my Decals Off, Baby.

Beachboysfags gettin REKT lol

What are you talking about.
It's great, but it's not some sort of insane pinnacle of music.
Each part that makes up the music is good, even great at times, and definitely consistent but it's not the absolute best album ever.
The songwriting isn't THAT great the entire album through, Dr.Robert is still on the album.
It's never got me crying or anything and I'm not sure the beatles felt like they were making some sort of heavenly masterpiece while they were writing it, and the songs are good and all but it's not really all that emotional through most of it.
By the way their best song is Long Long Long, Isn't it a pity (demo) is better than every other solo song and George's solo career is a billion times better than all the other beetleboys.

>Isn't it a pity (demo)
What?
>George's solo career is a billion times better than all the other beetleboys.
All Things Must Pass is the only George solo album you've heard, isn't it?