Hey you Guys, Does anyone know the size of the thread pictured . It's for a UK Butane bottle/cylinder...

Hey you Guys, Does anyone know the size of the thread pictured . It's for a UK Butane bottle/cylinder, and its the actual thread in the top of the bottle to the tap. I know it's a Bsp taper, but thats it.

Someone here must know, I cannot find out anywhere in the shitty real world, to much red tape , safety etc.

By the way, I want to use it as a receiver for a vehicle mounted compressor.

Probably 1/2 b.s.p.t.

Yeah, it's a 38.

Is this an actual "thread thread" ?

Yes it is actual thread, no its not 1/2 tried that, no its not 3/8 tried that and no its not 3/4 tried that...seriously fucked off!

Yes it is actual thread, no its not 1/2 tried that, no its not 3/8 tried that and no its not 3/4 tried that...seriously fucked off!

Go to a local hardware store and they will figure it out for ya dip ass brit

Apparently propane is 1/2 inch...That I do not know for fact..but fuck know what butane is..I'm stumped..

Thats the point Fuck face, WE have safety laws and no cunt in a shop wants to 'stick their neck out'

Read the fucking post properly!

That is a 3/8 NPT

Fucking typical...

WE can find pics of dirty cunts fucking ho's up the fucking 'Gary'

WE can find videos of chinky cunts offing each other randomly

AND we can hack webcams freaking innocent fuckwits out of their sad pathetic nothing lives...

YET no-one know what the fucking thread size is on a gas bottle.....CUNTS!!

3/8 npt..sounds interesting..

Are you sure that is not just for USA bottle/cylinders!?

You know it will be a left hand thread don't you. 3/8 BSP LH

Give a plumber a 5 pound/euro tip to give u the info u need. No one will say no to just a tip. Use ur fucking head ya dip ass brit.

Nah probably not. This

What would Hank do?

That has to be Hank...

I have already taken tap off ( see pic) its a 'normal' type thread, but its a type of tapered pipe fitting thread..

It does not 'unscrew' any different to a normal screw action.. Anti-clockwise to unscrew!

I just do not know and cannot find out its size or pattern.

Did you say WANK!

If it's tapered and it's not bsp it will be npt. If it's an barbie gas bottle it will be 3/8. If it's for a house it will be 1/2.

If your going to use it on a receiver tank make sure you smash a heap of thread paste on it. Loctite 567 would do the trick.

Gawd dayumm. The trailer trash in this thread "thread". Fucking deep.

This is getting good, I feel someone here knows what they are talking about..

Well its a 4.5kg UK butane bottle...so by what you say it should be a 3/8 npt..

I'm now seeing if I can get a 3/8 male reducer to 1/2'' bsp ( which I think standard air fittings are, correct me if I am wrong..

Good call you guys...

I don't doubt what anyone has offered, but IF anyone knows different..please fucking yell, cause like a tit I have already bought 3 wrong fuckers, and that was after 2 weeks of research ..wish I had just bought a fkn ally receiver , problem is now I have decided I want this bottle, I can't let the 'Barstard' win.

Why don't you have one of these?

Yes was definitely thinking loctite etc...Any thoughts on the moisture collecting in the receiver, just fit a drain?..How do acme comps remove moisture from the receiver?

If you are going to add in reducer definitely gunna need some thread sealant ah tell ya hwhat.
They didn't invent a new type of taper thread just for that fitting. Unless Whitworth do taper threads? Then you are shit out of luck. Pretty sure they don't though.

I have some thread gauges, but have to be honest a fairly standard (for me) sad arse set..

Depends how much money you want to spend. You could put in a wing screw bolt that is a drain valve. Or you can install a proper separator filter.

use teflon tape you numpty

Do. Not. Use teflon tape.

You are right, I don't think whit do a taper, as I say, I can't make it out, I got a 1/2,3/8 and 3/4 bspt, they are the THREE sizes in succession and the fucking things went from too big to too small, without a fit, work that shit out!!

Fuck it. Just find something that sort of fits the thread, cover the fucker in thread tape, and force the fucker on!

I was thinking about an 'inline' filter between comp and receiver, Would that remove the moisture before the tank?, or would moisture not still condense back dependent on temps within the tank?

⌀20,27mm you retard

Cannot be that shitface as it's 17.**mm!!

Wake up.

Condensation will accumulate in the bottom of the tank. You can install an air dryer that will help, but if you stick a ball valve on the bottom and drain it every week or so you should be right. So I just read the op again. I take it the thread in the bottle is different to what the tap is? Or did the tap screw out of the bottle? The other thread on that tap kind of looks metric. In that case I'm pretty certain the taper will be NPT because those fittings go together. I have never seen a metric bsp fitting. But if all else fails yeah get it started with a hammer and tech screw the cunt in there. For fuck sake don't use teflon tape. Take some pride in the job and make it look nice and not want have it leak in 2 months.

Something like this would be the go. But obviously scaled down to the size you need. Wabco or Donaldson should be able to provide you with whatever you need.

Was the 3/8 bsp just a little bit too big? There will be about 1mm size difference in pitch to NPT

Yes definitely gonna do it right, otherwise theres no point it will look shit and potentially be a fucking sweet killing machine (BOOM)...

I even measured the threads per ', and the taper and the diameter, and still somehow the fucking reducers were wrong, and you know what its like, the internet is great, but the cunts wouldnt take the shite back, mind you whatever its my fault for not fucking knowing..

Now gotta get a npt x bspp reducer..at the moment they are male/male..spose its doesnt matter, but would prefer npt male x bspp female..

Fucking comps waiting in the box, Tmax..

No 3/8 fell in the bloody hole, mind you the 1/2'' was just slightly too big, got about 1 1/2- 2 threads on..

Definitely wouldnt want to cram it in though, cause I reckon it would fk it!!

Go do it now then come back and post a photo. We will wait here. You better be cable tieing the fuck out of the air lines. Make it look all nice and neat. Nothing running on anything to evertually rub a hole in a hose. Shit better turn out cash.

Tha A weird. 1/2" is one of those sizes that is the same pitch in NPT and BSP. If it goes in 2 turns by hand then that's the taper taking up. Get a spanner on it and turn it until it strips then back half a turn.

The cheeky barstards, everytime I order a fitting, the fitting costs fk all maybe a £1, but they screw me with postage...4-7 quid for what amounts to a fucking knut!!

Ok but how about when leave Chris Fehn out of this. It's not his fault he has a mask with a dildo on it. Damn god tier guitarist.

Hey YOU lovely fucks...

I reckon I've got it...ITS A FUCKING 1/2'' NPT!

Ive just looked at the chart that some super man has posted and the threads are def 14 per '', and like I said I have a 1/2'' bspt and it goes in 1-2 threads..

NOW, some neon said, 1mm size diff in pitch between bspt and npt...

TAR-DARRR!

(or am I clutching at straws!?)

Hey..why do you think I used his holy image!

I reckon your all over it boss. Make it happen. But no fucking teflon tape. I'm serious.

Best. Concert. Ever!!!

You are right chief, no tape!! respect for your thoughts.

Hell yes Maggot...fingers crossed for DOWNLOAD

What are you going to use instead? Loctite 567.

Say what you want about b/, YOU bunch of fucks are the best...

1/2'' npt fitting Amazoned!

Saw them at Sonisphere in 2011. First tour after grey died. Epic.

I knew there was a reason I became a mechanical engineer. No wuckers.

Not sure, need to do some surfing on that 567, is that ok for pressure vessels etc...it is Air..but I do know air under pressure can act differently than you might expect..what are the choices?

Hey I have been in engineering for years am also doing a degree in Aircraft eng, and still fucked up with this butane bottle shit..

Its been like finding out whats in the Queens knickers...' Don't make assumptions'

You could use spit? Or you could use
567. We call it Wizards Jizz. Best shit ever for any taper fitting for any vessel. Yeah air under pressure does not like oil. Tends to get a bit explodey.

As to whats in her knickers I mean!

Oh nah my trade certificate says mechanical engineer on it. I'm a
Digger mechanic in the mining industry in straya.

Thats cool...as I say I am a qualified engineer, but I am now doing a degree in AE..fuck know why...cause I am fucking hating it...

All the supposed lecturers are ex raf wankers, all think they know everything and know fk all...and what they do know they have no idea of how to teach...

Hey so I can see that 3/8 bspt and npt have the same tpi = 14, so that the same pitch yes?
Well what is the difference, are the slightly different in diameter?

Yes very sad...price of fame eh...fucking amazing band live...real fucking 'happening'..